? about game cameras with cell capabilities - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Hunting and Shooting Forums > Hunting Board
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2020, 04:38 PM   #1
BigMommaTrout
Registered Users-pm+

BigMommaTrout is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
? about game cameras with cell capabilities

I'm looking for a game camera that will send pics to my cell phone. The ranch does not have good cell coverage and I have sprint...any suggestions?
BigMommaTrout is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-21-2020, 10:06 AM   #2
steverino
Deadeye McGee

steverino has been promoted to Piratesteverino has been promoted to Piratesteverino has been promoted to Piratesteverino has been promoted to Piratesteverino has been promoted to Piratesteverino has been promoted to Piratesteverino has been promoted to Piratesteverino has been promoted to Piratesteverino has been promoted to Piratesteverino has been promoted to Piratesteverino has been promoted to Pirate
sheepy2 Same/Similar Concerns

I'm not trying to steal this post but I have some related concerns. The only cell provider that has good service at my ranch in Rocksprings is T-Mobile. I do have a GoogleFi phone that works off of several cell phone provider towers and it does work well at my ranch. Is anyone aware of a cell phone game cam that will work with a GoogleFi phone? If so this information may also help address the concerns of the thread originator. TIA.
steverino is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2020, 02:51 PM   #3
wiley199
Registered Users-pm+

wiley199 has been promoted to Piratewiley199 has been promoted to Piratewiley199 has been promoted to Piratewiley199 has been promoted to Piratewiley199 has been promoted to Piratewiley199 has been promoted to Piratewiley199 has been promoted to Piratewiley199 has been promoted to Piratewiley199 has been promoted to Piratewiley199 has been promoted to Piratewiley199 has been promoted to Pirate
You can buy a camera, I have a "Spy Point" that will work with AT&T or T Mobil and its not connected to your cell phone bill at all. You pay a fee monthly or yearly. I pay mine yearly and its like $110.00. You can also turn it on and off for months you dont want to have to pay for during the year. Academy sells them, Red map on the box is AT&T blue map on the box is T-Mobil.
wiley199 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-21-2020, 02:57 PM   #4
wiley199
Registered Users-pm+

wiley199 has been promoted to Piratewiley199 has been promoted to Piratewiley199 has been promoted to Piratewiley199 has been promoted to Piratewiley199 has been promoted to Piratewiley199 has been promoted to Piratewiley199 has been promoted to Piratewiley199 has been promoted to Piratewiley199 has been promoted to Piratewiley199 has been promoted to Piratewiley199 has been promoted to Pirate
Picture from the Camera

Here is a picture as an example
Attached Images

wiley199 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2020, 03:48 PM   #5
gulfcoastal
Registered Users-pm+

gulfcoastal has been promoted to Pirategulfcoastal has been promoted to Pirategulfcoastal has been promoted to Pirategulfcoastal has been promoted to Pirategulfcoastal has been promoted to Pirategulfcoastal has been promoted to Pirategulfcoastal has been promoted to Pirategulfcoastal has been promoted to Pirategulfcoastal has been promoted to Pirategulfcoastal has been promoted to Pirategulfcoastal has been promoted to Pirate
As mentioned, spypoint cell plans are very affordable and you can stop and start them as you please. Cabelas or Bass pro is running an ad starting on the 23 rd for the micro link cell cam for 99 bucks. They also have another brand on sale but I cant remember the name of it. Just got mailer yesterday. As for the spypoint, and stealth cell cameras, you can expect some minor and or major issues which is not the worse part. The worse part is service after the sale. I have had both brands mentioned for about 2 years now. At first the Spypoint was no issue but they just recently updated firmware and now my micro link will not work. I have to download update to micro sd card and install in camera. Seems simple enough but it will not work. I had a 5 dollar a month plan for 250 pics that auto renewed but since I cant get the update installed , i have cancelled my plan. I informed spypoint of my issues but response is very slow. If you read any reviews of either of these cameras you will never buy one. LOL. Just a fair warning, expect issues. Also, spypoint offers an antenna / cellular booster. The cameras will not always get signal in certain areas so when you set it up you will just have to test it until you find an area sometimes only a few yards away where it will receive signal. The plans that you have to go thru att are final. You will pay for a certain time period and no take backs. At least that has been my experience. I have an Att plan for my Stealth cams but I see that Stealth is now offering cellular plans direct. I get emails from them all the time. Regardless, most all of these cell cam companies have the same model of business. All made overseas and you will be communicating with someone for service via email or a usually long on hold phone call. I have heard really good things about Reconyx and they are as far as I know the only big name in the business MADE IN THE USA. They are more expensive but hey, I might have saved a little money and of course TIME had I gone that route. I think I am ready to upgrade to Reconxy now. Another word of advice. I purchased my cameras on Walmart.com and on Ebay just so I could add another 2-3 years warranty for a very small fee. I would definitely do that with the purchase of any game camera even if it is not cellular. Most just dont last that long. Cabela brand I believe all come with life time warranty so that is a plus. Stealth brand I have came with a 1 year warranty. I waited 2 months to get mine repaired and I think it was only because I called and emailed them constantly. The repair process/or exchange with the extended warranty was so much easier than dealing with the manufacturer(allstate). I also just wanted to mention: the micro link cellular camera comes with 100 free pics per month and does not require a cell plan at all. So if you just want to try it , it s only 100 bucks. Pics are not the best that you get on your phone but it gives you an idea of whats coming to your feeder. The pics on the sd card are pretty good though. If you decide that you dont like it you can always upgrade or just use it for security at camp. I dont recommend setting it up directly on a feeder though because you will burn thru 100 pics fast. Sorry for the long post.
gulfcoastal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2020, 03:58 PM   #6
gulfcoastal
Registered Users-pm+

gulfcoastal has been promoted to Pirategulfcoastal has been promoted to Pirategulfcoastal has been promoted to Pirategulfcoastal has been promoted to Pirategulfcoastal has been promoted to Pirategulfcoastal has been promoted to Pirategulfcoastal has been promoted to Pirategulfcoastal has been promoted to Pirategulfcoastal has been promoted to Pirategulfcoastal has been promoted to Pirategulfcoastal has been promoted to Pirate
sample pics of stealth wxa cam

here are a few stealth cam pics.
gulfcoastal
Attached Images

gulfcoastal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2020, 02:01 PM   #7
BigMommaTrout
Registered Users-pm+

BigMommaTrout is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Has anybody tried the Tactacam ?
BigMommaTrout is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message