Bad tires or service? - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Trucks/Towing/Trailering Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2021, 11:56 PM   #1
bcoastal
Registered Users-pm+

bcoastal has been promoted to Piratebcoastal has been promoted to Piratebcoastal has been promoted to Piratebcoastal has been promoted to Piratebcoastal has been promoted to Piratebcoastal has been promoted to Piratebcoastal has been promoted to Piratebcoastal has been promoted to Piratebcoastal has been promoted to Piratebcoastal has been promoted to Piratebcoastal has been promoted to Pirate
Bad tires or service?

I purchased a new set of Atturo tires from a well know, franchised, tire shop with warranty. Then had the front end aligned and rebuilt the next day from a very reputable shop. Truck pulled bad to one side so took it back. They printed out the specs, rotated tires and said its a tire pull. So I took truck back to the tire shop and the sales guy told me the Atturos are cheap and I need to upgrade to better tires. They then found that the tires were way out of balance and sent me on my way. When I got home one of my center caps was falling off, literally, and I noticed every center cap was missing 1 or 2 bolts. Truck still pulls... I'm taking it back this weekend. Did I buy cheap tires and this is to be expected or am I getting jerked around by a tire shop?

Truck is 2011 f250 w 35 12.5 22 wheels
bcoastal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2021, 12:12 AM   #2
Muddskipper
fish control my brain

Muddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to Pirate
New tires and the alignment is still not right?

I would take it to the shop who did the alignment after the tire center cap situation is fixed
Muddskipper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2021, 09:09 AM   #3
bwguardian
archTech

bwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Pirate
Is the truck pulling to one side all the time...or just when you're on the brakes?
bwguardian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2021, 02:02 PM   #4
TroutDaddy
Registered Users-pm+

TroutDaddy is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
I have never heard much good things about the Atturo brand tires, especially if they are a mud tire. I watched a buddy wear out a set in under 10k miles when everything was good with his alignment and suspension. Cheap tires are never a good idea. Just my opinion. Not trying to hate on the brand. Did they replace all the bushings when you had the front end rebuilt?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TroutDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2021, 07:21 PM   #5
C.Hern5972
Twitch..Twitch--->Boom

C.Hern5972 has been promoted to PirateC.Hern5972 has been promoted to PirateC.Hern5972 has been promoted to PirateC.Hern5972 has been promoted to PirateC.Hern5972 has been promoted to PirateC.Hern5972 has been promoted to PirateC.Hern5972 has been promoted to PirateC.Hern5972 has been promoted to PirateC.Hern5972 has been promoted to PirateC.Hern5972 has been promoted to PirateC.Hern5972 has been promoted to Pirate
those tires are JUNK... Everyone I've known with them from jeeps to trucks have had horrible experiences with them
C.Hern5972 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2021, 11:38 AM   #6
bcoastal
Registered Users-pm+

bcoastal has been promoted to Piratebcoastal has been promoted to Piratebcoastal has been promoted to Piratebcoastal has been promoted to Piratebcoastal has been promoted to Piratebcoastal has been promoted to Piratebcoastal has been promoted to Piratebcoastal has been promoted to Piratebcoastal has been promoted to Piratebcoastal has been promoted to Piratebcoastal has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDaddy View Post
I have never heard much good things about the Atturo brand tires, especially if they are a mud tire. I watched a buddy wear out a set in under 10k miles when everything was good with his alignment and suspension. Cheap tires are never a good idea. Just my opinion. Not trying to hate on the brand. Did they replace all the bushings when you had the front end rebuilt?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes bushing, tie rods, all new front end. I took it back to the shop and they rechecked the alignment and gave me a printout of specs to give to the tire shop.

Truck pulls to the left all the time.

I didn't know the tires had that bad of reputation. I looked online after the sale man told me about them and didnt find any bad stuff... guess I didnt look hard enough.

Still seems iffy to me that a big name tire store would sell something that pulls.
bcoastal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2021, 12:10 PM   #7
Ducatibilt
Second String B Team

Ducatibilt has been promoted to PirateDucatibilt has been promoted to PirateDucatibilt has been promoted to PirateDucatibilt has been promoted to PirateDucatibilt has been promoted to PirateDucatibilt has been promoted to PirateDucatibilt has been promoted to PirateDucatibilt has been promoted to PirateDucatibilt has been promoted to PirateDucatibilt has been promoted to PirateDucatibilt has been promoted to Pirate
If they're saying it's the tires, why wouldn't they just switch them from side to side to verify that the pull switched sides?
Ducatibilt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2021, 12:14 PM   #8
Sgrem
Registered Users-pm+

Sgrem has been promoted to PirateSgrem has been promoted to PirateSgrem has been promoted to PirateSgrem has been promoted to PirateSgrem has been promoted to PirateSgrem has been promoted to PirateSgrem has been promoted to PirateSgrem has been promoted to PirateSgrem has been promoted to PirateSgrem has been promoted to PirateSgrem has been promoted to Pirate
Ppppfffttttt....
Remove.
Credit toward good tires.
Get what you pay for.
Sgrem is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2021, 02:24 PM   #9
hurricane matt
Registered Users-pm+

hurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Pirate
Probably shitty tires just curious are they aftermarket wheels ?? Like missing hubcentric ring(s). Does it have a shimmy at all or just pull?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
hurricane matt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2021, 07:35 PM   #10
redexpress
Registered Users-pm+

redexpress has been promoted to Pirateredexpress has been promoted to Pirateredexpress has been promoted to Pirateredexpress has been promoted to Pirateredexpress has been promoted to Pirateredexpress has been promoted to Pirateredexpress has been promoted to Pirateredexpress has been promoted to Pirateredexpress has been promoted to Pirateredexpress has been promoted to Pirateredexpress has been promoted to Pirate
It may be a well known tire shop but some of those big chains I run from. They change managers like we change socks. I know one of them not worth the lead to kill him. Pathological liar. I'll deal with Discount Tire or a small town family run shop.
Probably wasn't the best thing to do the front end work immediately after the tires.
redexpress is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message