MOB - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > Gulf Coast Surf Fishing Message Board
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-02-2020, 11:13 AM   #1
Duckchasr
In God We Trust

Duckchasr has been promoted to PirateDuckchasr has been promoted to PirateDuckchasr has been promoted to PirateDuckchasr has been promoted to PirateDuckchasr has been promoted to PirateDuckchasr has been promoted to PirateDuckchasr has been promoted to PirateDuckchasr has been promoted to PirateDuckchasr has been promoted to PirateDuckchasr has been promoted to PirateDuckchasr has been promoted to Pirate
Flag MOB

Welp had a father and son surf trip planned this past Sat. to MOB. Hit the beach entrance and a closed gate beach closed sign confronted us. Ended up getting on and headed to the end. The high clay banks at the end had suffered from Laura's storm surge and were impassable I walked in scouting for any possible dry trail, to no avail. We fished our way back off beach catching an undersized variety of fish on fresh dead. Enjoyed micro fishing at the Quintana jetty for piggies, croakers, mangroves. My son put a nice sized live piggy on and cast into the channel to soak, but no takers. It was great they closed the beach on our behalf. Saw 2 vehicles on the beach.lol Fishing trips for us are hard to schedule as we both work full time and I felt like Mr. Griswold at WallyWorld.
Duckchasr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2020, 11:27 AM   #2
hurricane matt
Registered Users-pm+

hurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Pirate
Yeah be careful down there. You can get trapped on the sand with the tide there past that sketchy bank.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
hurricane matt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2020, 04:49 PM   #3
karstopo
Taking shots at fish

karstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Pirate
Supposedly, there’s a 4x4 trail, only passable in prolonged dry weather, that gets by the bad spoil or clay bank/erosion spot, but I just don’t want it that bad. But, the tide that can open the gate, so to speak, past the tight spot can certainly close it again in short order. Turn of the Tide times and water levels care not one speck for nor are bound by whatever might be published on a chart beforehand. Be careful down there, not sure I would do go without an equalizer of some sort.
karstopo is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2020, 05:07 PM   #4
hurricane matt
Registered Users-pm+

hurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Pirate
Last time I was down there there was.no way my 4x4.truck would have gotten past those ruts. Some had to be dang near 2.5 feet deep. Not worth it. Saw a car full of hispanics with california plates almost float.their car making a run for it on the beach trying to get past that spot. Nope! I'll just take my boat and fish it.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
hurricane matt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message