TCD fishing - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > Gulf Coast Surf Fishing Message Board
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-26-2020, 08:12 PM   #1
Jakekirk
Registered Users-pm+

Jakekirk is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
TCD fishing

Well I went this afternoon and got skunked. But I heard the bite was on down there this morning. I plan on trying again tomorrow so I was wondering if y’all have any general advice about fishing down there. Thanks
Jakekirk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2020, 08:24 PM   #2
OUTLAW
Registered Users-pm+

OUTLAW has been promoted to PirateOUTLAW has been promoted to PirateOUTLAW has been promoted to PirateOUTLAW has been promoted to PirateOUTLAW has been promoted to PirateOUTLAW has been promoted to PirateOUTLAW has been promoted to PirateOUTLAW has been promoted to PirateOUTLAW has been promoted to PirateOUTLAW has been promoted to PirateOUTLAW has been promoted to Pirate
Walk to the end of misquote island. Shuffle don’t just walk. PFD, shrimp under a cork or lures. General area

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OUTLAW is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2020, 08:24 PM   #3
OUTLAW
Registered Users-pm+

OUTLAW has been promoted to PirateOUTLAW has been promoted to PirateOUTLAW has been promoted to PirateOUTLAW has been promoted to PirateOUTLAW has been promoted to PirateOUTLAW has been promoted to PirateOUTLAW has been promoted to PirateOUTLAW has been promoted to PirateOUTLAW has been promoted to PirateOUTLAW has been promoted to PirateOUTLAW has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by OUTLAW View Post
Walk to the end of misquote island. Shuffle don’t just walk. PFD, shrimp under a cork or lures. General area

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2020, 09:49 PM   #4
Jakekirk
Registered Users-pm+

Awesome thanks. I’ll give it a try
Old 05-27-2020, 02:35 PM   #5
pickn'fish

pickn'fish has been promoted to Piratepickn'fish has been promoted to Piratepickn'fish has been promoted to Piratepickn'fish has been promoted to Piratepickn'fish has been promoted to Piratepickn'fish has been promoted to Piratepickn'fish has been promoted to Piratepickn'fish has been promoted to Piratepickn'fish has been promoted to Piratepickn'fish has been promoted to Piratepickn'fish has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by OUTLAW View Post

Stay to the right while wading out, there is a steep embankment, and deep hole on the west side, heading toward, "Mosquito" Island, which a friend called Banana Island(shape has changed), in the early 80's.
"Misquote Island". 👍
pickn'fish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-28-2020, 05:12 PM   #6
OUTLAW
Registered Users-pm+

So did you go? Catch any?

Old 05-28-2020, 07:35 PM   #7
bbquman
Registered Users-pm+

bbquman has been promoted to Piratebbquman has been promoted to Piratebbquman has been promoted to Piratebbquman has been promoted to Piratebbquman has been promoted to Piratebbquman has been promoted to Piratebbquman has been promoted to Piratebbquman has been promoted to Piratebbquman has been promoted to Piratebbquman has been promoted to Piratebbquman has been promoted to Pirate
You should've been there about 10:00 this am. A guy in a new micro skiff looking rig
was running full throttle east about 100 yards parallel to the dike and ran smack into Mosquito .People were wading in knee to waste deep and this joker does his James Bond "Live & Let Die" Imitation.
Seen more action behind Moses Lake gate than skeeter.
bbquman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-28-2020, 09:47 PM   #8
habanerojooz
Who said that was spicy?

habanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbquman View Post
You should've been there about 10:00 this am. A guy in a new micro skiff looking rig
was running full throttle east about 100 yards parallel to the dike and ran smack into Mosquito .People were wading in knee to waste deep and this joker does his James Bond "Live & Let Die" Imitation.
Seen more action behind Moses Lake gate than skeeter.

Sigh. Sounds like we missed a good one. Perhaps someone filmed it and we’ll see it replayed on QualifiedCaptain.

habanerojooz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-30-2020, 01:21 PM   #9
Jakekirk
Registered Users-pm+

I did. And of course forgot my shorts and wasn’t going to wade in blue jeans 🏻 I ended bouncing up and down Fishing off the rocks. Ended up catching Some croaker but that was it
Old 06-01-2020, 07:14 AM   #10
habanerojooz
Who said that was spicy?

habanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Pirate
TCD fishing

I was at the TCD Mosquito Island last evening. I wanted to make a few casts as the sun went down.

When I first pulled up, I saw several groups of people in the water with cast nests, wading very far off the left side of Mosquito Island. No life jackets.

Watching from afar, they’re like human yardsticks. Little did they know, their location told me where the big hole...did not start. Even then, there is no way I’m wading in the area I saw them in.

I saw massive eruptions with bait going all directions many times. Most of the time, the eruptions occurred ~2 casts further than I could throw. Each time the eruptions occurred over the zone of the deep hole.

Nothing wanted my bone SSJr last night.

habanerojooz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message