Bryan Beach - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > Gulf Coast Surf Fishing Message Board
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-19-2020, 12:24 AM   #1
Brady
Banned

Brady has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerBrady has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerBrady has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerBrady has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerBrady has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerBrady has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerBrady has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerBrady has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerBrady has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerBrady has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerBrady has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
Bryan Beach

Went to Bryan Beach this morning.

Tried to drive to the Mouth of the Brazos but that was impossible.

About halfway from the beach entrance the beach has eroded back to a steep and vertical clay bank. No way to get past that.

Looking down the beach it appeared it would have been a tight fit between the beach and dunes (or what there is of them)

I didn't make it to the Mouth of the Brazos last wading fishing season but had heard it was impossible to make it all the way there. I had thought it was impassable further down the beach but unfortunately it is much closer to the entrance than that. The amount of erosion is pretty shocking.

People could still make it by boat. Competition for wade fishing space will be
minimal if that is the only way to get there.

Unless that segment of beach heals itself or something else is done that might the be the last time I ever fish there. In something close to 4 decades of fishing at the mouth I have caught thousands of trout along with many reds, mackerel, jacks and laundry list of other fish. Saw plenty of big sharks too. It is also very dangerous. Had two friends come perilously close to drowning and each year others did lose their lives. Life jacket or flotation device was mandatory for me.

Turned around and found some nice water further back east.

Surf was a little choppy at times but not any problem to wade. It had just the right amount of chop. Clarity was good.

Not much bait. An occasional mullet along with pods of shad but, overall, the surf seemed to not have much life in it.

Threw a shrimptail for an hour or more but nothing.

Did see one group of gulls working but unfortunately it was over some potato chips.
Brady is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2020, 12:06 PM   #2
hurricane matt
Registered Users-pm+

hurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brady View Post
Went to Bryan Beach this morning.

Tried to drive to the Mouth of the Brazos but that was impossible.

About halfway from the beach entrance the beach has eroded back to a steep and vertical clay bank. No way to get past that.

Looking down the beach it appeared it would have been a tight fit between the beach and dunes (or what there is of them)

I didn't make it to the Mouth of the Brazos last wading fishing season but had heard it was impossible to make it all the way there. I had thought it was impassable further down the beach but unfortunately it is much closer to the entrance than that. The amount of erosion is pretty shocking.

People could still make it by boat. Competition for wade fishing space will be
minimal if that is the only way to get there.

Unless that segment of beach heals itself or something else is done that might the be the last time I ever fish there. In something close to 4 decades of fishing at the mouth I have caught thousands of trout along with many reds, mackerel, jacks and laundry list of other fish. Saw plenty of big sharks too. It is also very dangerous. Had two friends come perilously close to drowning and each year others did lose their lives. Life jacket or flotation device was mandatory for me.

Turned around and found some nice water further back east.

Surf was a little choppy at times but not any problem to wade. It had just the right amount of chop. Clarity was good.

Not much bait. An occasional mullet along with pods of shad but, overall, the surf seemed to not have much life in it.

Threw a shrimptail for an hour or more but nothing.

Did see one group of gulls working but unfortunately it was over some potato chips.

Last time I was there I saw some spanish folks try and make the run past that clay bank. Their car was floating at one point. GF and I just watched but was on point in case we had to rescue them. Had about 8 kids piled in a honda CRV with california plates. Idiots.
hurricane matt is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2020, 06:40 PM   #3
Brady
Banned

Brady has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerBrady has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerBrady has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerBrady has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerBrady has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerBrady has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerBrady has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerBrady has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerBrady has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerBrady has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerBrady has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
The salt water must have been great for the underside of their car.

The tides seemed a little on the high side yesterday but hard to know given the erosion of the beach.

Perhaps you could slip by the clay bank when the tides are low but I would be really nervous about driving on the wet clay.

I remember a bunch of years ago someone drove their tricked customized red van with the sofa, refrigerator, bed and giant window on the side on to an exposed sand bar at the mouth of Brazos at low tide.

Unfortunately for them the tides came in before they left and the van sank to the frame and from there went lower and lower over the subsequent weeks.

Last time I saw the van it was only a few inches above the sand and pounding surf.

Lots of great memories of fishing there.

Many, many, many war story kind to trips.

Need to find someone with a boat to go back.
Brady is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2020, 07:06 PM   #4
karstopo
Taking shots at fish

karstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Pirate
That spot seems to get steadily worse year after year.
karstopo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2020, 05:44 PM   #5
hurricane matt
Registered Users-pm+

hurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Pirate
"Someone" needs to go down there with a bunch of crushed oyster shell and fill in those ruts past the clay bank. I'd be up for it if someone knows where to get crushed shell by the yard!
hurricane matt is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message