Is Surfside Beach Open?? - Page 2 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > Gulf Coast Surf Fishing Message Board
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2020, 12:54 PM   #11
BIGFISHJOE
Registered Users-pm+

BIGFISHJOE is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
i was on surfside beach on Thursday. No closure signs, people were there but kept plenty of distance. the wind was howling.
BIGFISHJOE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2020, 01:16 PM   #12
Notenoughtime
Registered Users-pm+

Notenoughtime has been promoted to PirateNotenoughtime has been promoted to PirateNotenoughtime has been promoted to PirateNotenoughtime has been promoted to PirateNotenoughtime has been promoted to PirateNotenoughtime has been promoted to PirateNotenoughtime has been promoted to PirateNotenoughtime has been promoted to PirateNotenoughtime has been promoted to PirateNotenoughtime has been promoted to PirateNotenoughtime has been promoted to Pirate
Now says all Surfside and Follets beaches are closed to vehicular traffic. Going to check it out this evening.
Notenoughtime is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2020, 06:49 PM   #13
thinshavings
Registered Users-pm+

thinshavings has been promoted to Piratethinshavings has been promoted to Piratethinshavings has been promoted to Piratethinshavings has been promoted to Piratethinshavings has been promoted to Piratethinshavings has been promoted to Piratethinshavings has been promoted to Piratethinshavings has been promoted to Piratethinshavings has been promoted to Piratethinshavings has been promoted to Piratethinshavings has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notenoughtime View Post
Now says all Surfside and Follets beaches are closed to vehicular traffic. Going to check it out this evening.
I don't see anything on the Brazoria County web site about closures.
Never mind it is on the Surfside web site, the beaches are closed to vehicle traffic.
thinshavings is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2020, 12:15 PM   #14
bigdawg
Shark Hunter

bigdawg is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Drove down to Galveston yesterday and there we plenty of people on the seawall area beach. The waves were pretty high so not many getting into the water. Saw the surf patrol cruising the beach but not running anyone off. 61st St fishing pier was open.
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2020, 04:29 PM   #15
impulse
'81 Aggie

impulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdawg View Post
Drove down to Galveston yesterday and there we plenty of people on the seawall area beach. The waves were pretty high so not many getting into the water. Saw the surf patrol cruising the beach but not running anyone off. 61st St fishing pier was open.
What a difference a day makes...

I got a text yesterday (18:24) from a buddy who was bicycling on the Seawall when they closed it down. The 43rd Street surfcam seems to confirm it.

https://g-townsurf.com/

Down in Sea Isle, I can't tell if the beaches are closed. They did block the road access, though. The wind's too high for much beach activity so I don't know if "they"'re running people off the beach, or the wind is. Seems like people with private access may still be allowed, but who knows?
impulse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2020, 09:40 PM   #16
TheAnt
Has been known to backlash toilet paper.

TheAnt has been promoted to PirateTheAnt has been promoted to PirateTheAnt has been promoted to PirateTheAnt has been promoted to PirateTheAnt has been promoted to PirateTheAnt has been promoted to PirateTheAnt has been promoted to PirateTheAnt has been promoted to PirateTheAnt has been promoted to PirateTheAnt has been promoted to PirateTheAnt has been promoted to Pirate
Wife showed me a facebook post showing dump trucks blocking the accesses on Surfside and I think Follet's

Much of this has more to do with Surfside and further up wanting to shut beaches down. Any chance they get to claim land to the sea... in some cases anyway.

Waders in the bays till they find out I guess.
TheAnt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2020, 12:54 PM   #17
LIL NEMO
Registered Users-pm+

LIL NEMO has been promoted to the rank of BosunLIL NEMO has been promoted to the rank of BosunLIL NEMO has been promoted to the rank of BosunLIL NEMO has been promoted to the rank of BosunLIL NEMO has been promoted to the rank of BosunLIL NEMO has been promoted to the rank of BosunLIL NEMO has been promoted to the rank of BosunLIL NEMO has been promoted to the rank of BosunLIL NEMO has been promoted to the rank of BosunLIL NEMO has been promoted to the rank of BosunLIL NEMO has been promoted to the rank of Bosun
What about Crystal Beach?? Is it open? Who would you contact to find out?
LIL NEMO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2020, 02:52 PM   #18
manwitaplan
I AM EASTSIDE

manwitaplan has been promoted to Piratemanwitaplan has been promoted to Piratemanwitaplan has been promoted to Piratemanwitaplan has been promoted to Piratemanwitaplan has been promoted to Piratemanwitaplan has been promoted to Piratemanwitaplan has been promoted to Piratemanwitaplan has been promoted to Piratemanwitaplan has been promoted to Piratemanwitaplan has been promoted to Piratemanwitaplan has been promoted to Pirate
Last Sunday 3/29 we started out in surfside and every access was closed! Crossed san luis and every beach access was closed for driving. many people were parking and walking. Seawall was closed but cops were running people off the beach. Crossed the ferry and Boliver to High Island was wide open. It was a complete ghost town on the beach. First time I have seen the pass filled in.
manwitaplan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2020, 03:46 PM   #19
TheAnt
Has been known to backlash toilet paper.

TheAnt has been promoted to PirateTheAnt has been promoted to PirateTheAnt has been promoted to PirateTheAnt has been promoted to PirateTheAnt has been promoted to PirateTheAnt has been promoted to PirateTheAnt has been promoted to PirateTheAnt has been promoted to PirateTheAnt has been promoted to PirateTheAnt has been promoted to PirateTheAnt has been promoted to Pirate
Off today, ain't fished for years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notenoughtime View Post
Can one drive to the great piles of whatever and walk in to the surf?

I normally fish 'round the boilers area.

If not I may go to Sargent or wherever I can reach water.

Anybody giving away a yak?
TheAnt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2020, 12:17 AM   #20
[email protected]
Registered Users-pm+

oscar@CBF has been promoted to Pirateoscar@CBF has been promoted to Pirateoscar@CBF has been promoted to Pirateoscar@CBF has been promoted to Pirateoscar@CBF has been promoted to Pirateoscar@CBF has been promoted to Pirateoscar@CBF has been promoted to Pirateoscar@CBF has been promoted to Pirateoscar@CBF has been promoted to Pirateoscar@CBF has been promoted to Pirateoscar@CBF has been promoted to Pirate
Not giving it away but almost!
http://www.catchingbigfish.net/KAYAK4SALE.html

$350 until Easter
oscar@CBF is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message