Is Surfside Beach Open?? - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > Gulf Coast Surf Fishing Message Board
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2020, 08:31 AM   #1
ecooler3
Registered Users-pm+

ecooler3 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Is Surfside Beach Open??

Had some friends tell my wife that Galveston beaches are closed-not sure if that's true? Read that the state of Washington was closing all fishing activities due to people jumbling up at boat ramps and bait/tackle stores.
Need some escape so me and the wife were planning on heading down to surfside this afternoon and throw out a couple big poles and just sit and watch the waves......figure we will sit 6 feet apart for good measure.

Anyone know if that is still allowed?

Thanks in advance.
ecooler3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2020, 09:01 AM   #2
andrekhris
Registered Users-pm+

andrekhris is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
I have the same question and don’t know the answer for Surfside. Galveston beaches are closed and Matagorda beaches are closed, but haven’t looked up Surfside. I also heard that SLP was closed also. Worth you checking before you go.

I was planning to take the family to Gorda to get out of the house, but I did confirm on the county website that beaches and boat ramps and the harbor are all closed.

Let us know what you find out about Surfside.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
andrekhris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2020, 09:14 AM   #3
ecooler3
Registered Users-pm+

clarification question

I have seen references to the beaches closed but maybe it's really the access roads to the beaches that are closed and not the beaches themselves???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2020, 09:14 AM   #4
photofishin
Registered Users-pm+

photofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Pirate
I can't wait for the lawsuits after this considering the rights officials are taking away, especially access to resources we the people own and pay taxes to support
photofishin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2020, 10:09 AM   #5
Notenoughtime
Registered Users-pm+

Notenoughtime has been promoted to PirateNotenoughtime has been promoted to PirateNotenoughtime has been promoted to PirateNotenoughtime has been promoted to PirateNotenoughtime has been promoted to PirateNotenoughtime has been promoted to PirateNotenoughtime has been promoted to PirateNotenoughtime has been promoted to PirateNotenoughtime has been promoted to PirateNotenoughtime has been promoted to PirateNotenoughtime has been promoted to Pirate
Yes, I've been on the beach (the free access beaches) there the last two days and plenty of other families down there with the same idea. I haven't seen any sign of enforcement of a closed beach.
Notenoughtime is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2020, 10:18 AM   #6
ROBOWADER
Registered Users-pm+

ROBOWADER has been promoted to PirateROBOWADER has been promoted to PirateROBOWADER has been promoted to PirateROBOWADER has been promoted to PirateROBOWADER has been promoted to PirateROBOWADER has been promoted to PirateROBOWADER has been promoted to PirateROBOWADER has been promoted to PirateROBOWADER has been promoted to PirateROBOWADER has been promoted to PirateROBOWADER has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by photofishin View Post
I can't wait for the lawsuits after this considering the rights officials are taking away, especially access to resources we the people own and pay taxes to support
I think all these official "Orders" being authorized protects them from lawsuits.
ROBOWADER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2020, 10:41 AM   #7
ecooler3
Registered Users-pm+

thanks

Thanks NOTENOUGHTIME. That's what we wanted to hear. Need some decompression time.
Old 03-28-2020, 09:55 AM   #8
manwitaplan
I AM EASTSIDE

manwitaplan has been promoted to Piratemanwitaplan has been promoted to Piratemanwitaplan has been promoted to Piratemanwitaplan has been promoted to Piratemanwitaplan has been promoted to Piratemanwitaplan has been promoted to Piratemanwitaplan has been promoted to Piratemanwitaplan has been promoted to Piratemanwitaplan has been promoted to Piratemanwitaplan has been promoted to Piratemanwitaplan has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecooler3 View Post
Thanks NOTENOUGHTIME. That's what we wanted to hear. Need some decompression time.
Did anybody go yesterday?
manwitaplan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2020, 11:26 AM   #9
Duckchasr
In God We Trust

Duckchasr has been promoted to PirateDuckchasr has been promoted to PirateDuckchasr has been promoted to PirateDuckchasr has been promoted to PirateDuckchasr has been promoted to PirateDuckchasr has been promoted to PirateDuckchasr has been promoted to PirateDuckchasr has been promoted to PirateDuckchasr has been promoted to PirateDuckchasr has been promoted to PirateDuckchasr has been promoted to Pirate
City of Freeport claims they closed Bryan Beach, but I have not been. Surfside beaches are open at last report. I'm appalled at the widespread government overreach we are seeing. Fishing is an ESSENTIAL activity many people feed themselves with it. The government shutting down lakes and boat ramps and beaches is NONSENSE and they need to hear from we the people.

Just be sure to take your permit for any activities at said closed public areas that we the people paid for.
Attached Images

Duckchasr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2020, 11:18 AM   #10
photofishin
Registered Users-pm+

photofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBOWADER View Post
I think all these official "Orders" being authorized protects them from lawsuits.
actually not if the orders are illegal. Many so called orders are restricting freedom of movement, which is a right guaranteed by the US Constitution.
photofishin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message