Surf fishing report 1-24 HI - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > Gulf Coast Surf Fishing Message Board
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2020, 02:05 PM   #1
shadslinger

shadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirate
drum Surf fishing report 1-24 HI

Bigforst and I went to High Island yesterday and fished from 10:00. We caught some whiting to use for bait, and we had some frozen crab and fishbites.
Jim caught the first bull red, a honker 42" long with a big head and broad shoulders that bit a yaked out crab.
At the same time he was hooking it up I felt the bait rod I was holding tighten up. Baited with just double fishbites I was surprised to find I had a fight on my hands. It was a 35" big ugly.
We landed them both within seconds of each other.
Jim leadered mine in while fighting the bull red through the wade gut.
We had them both on the beach for a good picture before Jim took them out to release.
It was a few whiting for a long , long time.
In fact we had rolled up all but two rods when the last fish of the day took a screaming run. At 41" it was a powerhouse red and we both took turns on it before Jim brought it in for a picture.
It made a nice end to a fine winter day surf fishing.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2020, 09:29 AM   #2
mccain
\m/

mccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Pirate
good job! glad you got to get some salt.
mccain is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2020, 01:02 PM   #3
fish4food
Registered Users-pm+

fish4food has been promoted to Piratefish4food has been promoted to Piratefish4food has been promoted to Piratefish4food has been promoted to Piratefish4food has been promoted to Piratefish4food has been promoted to Piratefish4food has been promoted to Piratefish4food has been promoted to Piratefish4food has been promoted to Piratefish4food has been promoted to Piratefish4food has been promoted to Pirate
Awesome! I miss catching those bulls from the surf.
fish4food is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2020, 06:45 PM   #4
shadslinger

shadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirate
It was a good day to surf fish, pleasant weather and a couple of big surf fish to make the day. I didn't take waders so I would not be tempted to wade baits out, once that starts I always over do it and pay later.
So a big thanks to Jim aka Bigfost for yakking out some baits and wading out some others.
Those big surf fish are a lot of fun to catch.
shadslinger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2020, 01:09 PM   #5
jsctx84
Registered Users-pm+

jsctx84 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Awesome fish
jsctx84 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2020, 12:54 PM   #6
chrismac61
Registered Users-pm+

chrismac61 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
very nice, love winter surf fishing
chrismac61 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2020, 09:23 AM   #7
shadslinger

Yep nobody parked within a mile of us, a nice day and some big surf fish with a friend.
It was great to go on an ice creme day for sitting on the beach and catching up with Bigfost, the fish were a bonus.
Old 02-10-2020, 01:12 PM   #8
bigfost
Registered Users-pm+

bigfost has been promoted to Piratebigfost has been promoted to Piratebigfost has been promoted to Piratebigfost has been promoted to Piratebigfost has been promoted to Piratebigfost has been promoted to Piratebigfost has been promoted to Piratebigfost has been promoted to Piratebigfost has been promoted to Piratebigfost has been promoted to Piratebigfost has been promoted to Pirate
I've been consistently catching bull reds this winter, when I've been able to go. Sadly, that has only been about every 3 weeks. Always a good day fishing with Shadslinger.
bigfost is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2020, 03:39 AM   #9
crawpaw
Registered Users-pm+

crawpaw has been promoted to the rank of Privateercrawpaw has been promoted to the rank of Privateercrawpaw has been promoted to the rank of Privateercrawpaw has been promoted to the rank of Privateercrawpaw has been promoted to the rank of Privateercrawpaw has been promoted to the rank of Privateercrawpaw has been promoted to the rank of Privateercrawpaw has been promoted to the rank of Privateercrawpaw has been promoted to the rank of Privateercrawpaw has been promoted to the rank of Privateercrawpaw has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
How far out do you yak the baits?
crawpaw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2020, 05:57 AM   #10
shadslinger

Bigfost does the yak action, so I'm not sure.
I think he does one long, oh about a 1K yards if I'm the one reeling it in, lol!
It just feels like it.
J/K I think it's one about 250 yards and one just past the last bar.
Hopefully he will set the record straight, but I know I reeled one he yakked out for what felt like hours! A 38" bull red never hurt me worse lol!.