2017 F250 Front End Issues - Page 2 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Trucks/Towing/Trailering Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-07-2019, 10:05 PM   #11
waypoint
Registered Users-pm+

waypoint has been promoted to Piratewaypoint has been promoted to Piratewaypoint has been promoted to Piratewaypoint has been promoted to Piratewaypoint has been promoted to Piratewaypoint has been promoted to Piratewaypoint has been promoted to Piratewaypoint has been promoted to Piratewaypoint has been promoted to Piratewaypoint has been promoted to Piratewaypoint has been promoted to Pirate
I agree. It's probably the original Michelin tires. Look them over in detail. Is one of them wearing unevenly. I never had the death wobble problem until recently and it was one of the tires wearing unevenly. What made it more pronounced was the tread in the front right was beginning to separate and that was what was causing the even wobble. I replaced all four tires at discount tires and the F350 is running perfect again. I was thinking like the others that it might of been ball joints and alignment and stuff and wanting to blame FORD. In the end, it was just the tires. Also, make sure the tires or new tires are properly inflated. Good Luck.
waypoint is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2019, 01:05 PM   #12
gozag
Registered Users-pm+

gozag has been promoted to Pirategozag has been promoted to Pirategozag has been promoted to Pirategozag has been promoted to Pirategozag has been promoted to Pirategozag has been promoted to Pirategozag has been promoted to Pirategozag has been promoted to Pirategozag has been promoted to Pirategozag has been promoted to Pirategozag has been promoted to Pirate
My front end feels loose on my 17 also and I have 85K miles. When turn the wheel side to side sitting still I can feel the feedback in what feels like the tie rod and can hear a noise. I have a 100K bumper to bumper warranty I wonder if it will be covered under that.

Have not had any full blown death wobble yet but there are some times where I feel like I'm right on the verge.
gozag is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2019, 01:49 PM   #13
bwguardian
archTech

bwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by gozag View Post
My front end feels loose on my 17 also and I have 85K miles. When turn the wheel side to side sitting still I can feel the feedback in what feels like the tie rod and can hear a noise. I have a 100K bumper to bumper warranty I wonder if it will be covered under that.

Have not had any full blown death wobble yet but there are some times where I feel like I'm right on the verge.
2wd or 4wd...
bwguardian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2019, 02:02 PM   #14
djwag94
Registered Users-pm+

djwag94 has been promoted to Piratedjwag94 has been promoted to Piratedjwag94 has been promoted to Piratedjwag94 has been promoted to Piratedjwag94 has been promoted to Piratedjwag94 has been promoted to Piratedjwag94 has been promoted to Piratedjwag94 has been promoted to Piratedjwag94 has been promoted to Piratedjwag94 has been promoted to Piratedjwag94 has been promoted to Pirate
[QUOTE=gozag;23792407]My front end feels loose on my 17 also and I have 85K miles. When turn the wheel side to side sitting still I can feel the feedback in what feels like the tie rod and can hear a noise. I have a 100K bumper to bumper warranty I wonder if it will be covered under that.

Should be, click on front/rear suspension & steering

https://fordprotect.ford.com/premiumcare/
djwag94 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2019, 03:22 PM   #15
gozag
Registered Users-pm+

gozag has been promoted to Pirategozag has been promoted to Pirategozag has been promoted to Pirategozag has been promoted to Pirategozag has been promoted to Pirategozag has been promoted to Pirategozag has been promoted to Pirategozag has been promoted to Pirategozag has been promoted to Pirategozag has been promoted to Pirategozag has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwguardian View Post
2wd or 4wd...
4wd
Old 09-17-2019, 03:24 PM   #16
gozag
Registered Users-pm+

[quote=djwag94;23792451]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gozag View Post

Should be, click on front/rear suspension & steering

https://fordprotect.ford.com/premiumcare/
Looks like you're right. Thank you for the inormation.
Old 09-17-2019, 03:51 PM   #17
bwguardian
archTech

bwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Pirate
They will do as little as possible to fix it then tell you to have the tires balanced and rotated...which will help a bit. Have them take a close look at the track bar...
bwguardian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2019, 09:59 AM   #18
gulfcoast200
Registered Users-pm+

gulfcoast200 has been promoted to Pirategulfcoast200 has been promoted to Pirategulfcoast200 has been promoted to Pirategulfcoast200 has been promoted to Pirategulfcoast200 has been promoted to Pirategulfcoast200 has been promoted to Pirategulfcoast200 has been promoted to Pirategulfcoast200 has been promoted to Pirategulfcoast200 has been promoted to Pirategulfcoast200 has been promoted to Pirategulfcoast200 has been promoted to Pirate
I have a 2017 that had the death wobble issues after hitting bumps in the road. Started around 25k Changed the shocks with factory and it cleared up but came back within 10k miles. After market shocks and stabilizer cleared it up. No issues now.
gulfcoast200 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-29-2019, 11:08 AM   #19
BluewaterAg26
Registered Users-pm+

BluewaterAg26 has been promoted to PirateBluewaterAg26 has been promoted to PirateBluewaterAg26 has been promoted to PirateBluewaterAg26 has been promoted to PirateBluewaterAg26 has been promoted to PirateBluewaterAg26 has been promoted to PirateBluewaterAg26 has been promoted to PirateBluewaterAg26 has been promoted to PirateBluewaterAg26 has been promoted to PirateBluewaterAg26 has been promoted to PirateBluewaterAg26 has been promoted to Pirate
My Dad has a 2018 F250 started doing the same death wobble around 23k miles, my 2017 did it as well. Since it is a known issue, Ford should be installing steering stabilizers from the get go. Its ridiculous on a 65k truck and dangerous.
BluewaterAg26 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-2019, 10:06 PM   #20
randeg
Registered Users-pm+

randeg has been promoted to Piraterandeg has been promoted to Piraterandeg has been promoted to Piraterandeg has been promoted to Piraterandeg has been promoted to Piraterandeg has been promoted to Piraterandeg has been promoted to Piraterandeg has been promoted to Piraterandeg has been promoted to Piraterandeg has been promoted to Piraterandeg has been promoted to Pirate
Had an 06 Dodge 2500 with the same problem. Spent $$ to fix it. Got f'd on probable fixes. In the end, got rid of it.
randeg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message