2017 F250 Front End Issues - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Trucks/Towing/Trailering Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2019, 11:25 PM   #1
Propwash
Registered Users-pm+

Propwash has been promoted to PiratePropwash has been promoted to PiratePropwash has been promoted to PiratePropwash has been promoted to PiratePropwash has been promoted to PiratePropwash has been promoted to PiratePropwash has been promoted to PiratePropwash has been promoted to PiratePropwash has been promoted to PiratePropwash has been promoted to PiratePropwash has been promoted to Pirate
2017 F250 Front End Issues

Thoughts on this: 2017 Ford F-250, 6.7 Lariat diesel, right at 50K miles and the front end feels loose. Experienced a mild death wobble shake on one occasion. Truck is all stock on original Michelins, mix of city / highway driving, no off-road use, never wrecked. Dropped it off at the Ford dealer for a look and was told the bushings and tie rods were worn out. Looking at approximately $1,800.00 plus a realignment. Anyone else had an issue on theirs with this few miles? Just curious if this is a one off deal or somewhat normal.
Propwash is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-04-2019, 12:39 AM   #2
Pintabo
Registered Users-pm+

Pintabo has been promoted to PiratePintabo has been promoted to PiratePintabo has been promoted to PiratePintabo has been promoted to PiratePintabo has been promoted to PiratePintabo has been promoted to PiratePintabo has been promoted to PiratePintabo has been promoted to PiratePintabo has been promoted to PiratePintabo has been promoted to PiratePintabo has been promoted to Pirate
Yep had the same thing - but I had death wobble frequently starting at 35,000 on my 2017. Frustrating part is that ford won’t admit it is a problem - try to blame it on stuff wearing out. Bad design.

My solution - I traded it in for a 2019.
Pintabo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-04-2019, 01:29 AM   #3
Gulfcoastin
Registered Users-pm+

Gulfcoastin has been promote to GunnerGulfcoastin has been promote to GunnerGulfcoastin has been promote to GunnerGulfcoastin has been promote to GunnerGulfcoastin has been promote to GunnerGulfcoastin has been promote to GunnerGulfcoastin has been promote to GunnerGulfcoastin has been promote to GunnerGulfcoastin has been promote to GunnerGulfcoastin has been promote to GunnerGulfcoastin has been promote to Gunner
Why would you trade the same make/model truck giving you issues with only 35K miles in on a newer one?
Gulfcoastin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-04-2019, 06:20 AM   #4
rglide09
Registered Users-pm+

rglide09 has been promoted to Piraterglide09 has been promoted to Piraterglide09 has been promoted to Piraterglide09 has been promoted to Piraterglide09 has been promoted to Piraterglide09 has been promoted to Piraterglide09 has been promoted to Piraterglide09 has been promoted to Piraterglide09 has been promoted to Piraterglide09 has been promoted to Piraterglide09 has been promoted to Pirate
Not a good sign for a truck that should last 400k miles with a Diesel engine. Those repairs will be costly over time. Ford should take care of that issue on a stock vehicle, I would try a different dealership.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
rglide09 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-04-2019, 11:35 AM   #5
Reloading
watching

Reloading has been promoted to PirateReloading has been promoted to PirateReloading has been promoted to PirateReloading has been promoted to PirateReloading has been promoted to PirateReloading has been promoted to PirateReloading has been promoted to PirateReloading has been promoted to PirateReloading has been promoted to PirateReloading has been promoted to PirateReloading has been promoted to Pirate
Cop

$1800 for tie rods and bushings?
Reloading is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-05-2019, 08:53 AM   #6
texas bohunk
Registered Users-pm+

texas bohunk has been promoted to Piratetexas bohunk has been promoted to Piratetexas bohunk has been promoted to Piratetexas bohunk has been promoted to Piratetexas bohunk has been promoted to Piratetexas bohunk has been promoted to Piratetexas bohunk has been promoted to Piratetexas bohunk has been promoted to Piratetexas bohunk has been promoted to Piratetexas bohunk has been promoted to Piratetexas bohunk has been promoted to Pirate
Can Do Front End

I would take it to Can Do on West Main in Baytown, and have them look at it. They are the only shop that I trust to work on my vehicles.
texas bohunk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-05-2019, 08:55 AM   #7
texas bohunk
Registered Users-pm+

texas bohunk has been promoted to Piratetexas bohunk has been promoted to Piratetexas bohunk has been promoted to Piratetexas bohunk has been promoted to Piratetexas bohunk has been promoted to Piratetexas bohunk has been promoted to Piratetexas bohunk has been promoted to Piratetexas bohunk has been promoted to Piratetexas bohunk has been promoted to Piratetexas bohunk has been promoted to Piratetexas bohunk has been promoted to Pirate
Take it to Can Do Front Ends on West Main in Baytown. They are reasonable and use MOOG parts.
texas bohunk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-05-2019, 09:46 AM   #8
boom!
Registered Users-pm+

boom! has been promoted to Pirateboom! has been promoted to Pirateboom! has been promoted to Pirateboom! has been promoted to Pirateboom! has been promoted to Pirateboom! has been promoted to Pirateboom! has been promoted to Pirateboom! has been promoted to Pirateboom! has been promoted to Pirateboom! has been promoted to Pirateboom! has been promoted to Pirate
I'd suspect those orig michelins. I had a 17 and changed the tires (michelins) at 30K because they were chit. Drove the truck to 100K with no front end problems. Even had a heavy ranch hand out front.
boom! is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-05-2019, 04:54 PM   #9
Pintabo
Registered Users-pm+

Pintabo has been promoted to PiratePintabo has been promoted to PiratePintabo has been promoted to PiratePintabo has been promoted to PiratePintabo has been promoted to PiratePintabo has been promoted to PiratePintabo has been promoted to PiratePintabo has been promoted to PiratePintabo has been promoted to PiratePintabo has been promoted to PiratePintabo has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulfcoastin View Post
Why would you trade the same make/model truck giving you issues with only 35K miles in on a newer one?

You sound like my wife!! The new 2019 is a Platinum with different shocks - not the cheap version Ranchos. It actually drives smoother. It may do the same thing and then I will figure out a solution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pintabo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-05-2019, 11:57 PM   #10
Propwash
Registered Users-pm+

Propwash has been promoted to PiratePropwash has been promoted to PiratePropwash has been promoted to PiratePropwash has been promoted to PiratePropwash has been promoted to PiratePropwash has been promoted to PiratePropwash has been promoted to PiratePropwash has been promoted to PiratePropwash has been promoted to PiratePropwash has been promoted to PiratePropwash has been promoted to Pirate
This is a known issue that Ford is aware of. I found a Ford Technical Service Bulletin #18-2268 (Sustained Steering Wheel Oscillation-Above 45 MPH, dated August 2018) that addresses this problem. All of the parts listed in the bulletin are what Baytown Ford has on their purposed work order. I'm taking it in next week to Silsbee Ford where the truck was purchased for a second opinion. I searched the F-250/350 and 2017-2019 F-250 Owners Group pages on Facebook and found this to be a fairly common problem. The opinion shared by some is, the stock wheels need 5 degrees more off-set with this suspension design.
Propwash is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message