Custom cue cabinet - Page 2 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Wood Turning & Wood Working Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2018, 09:51 PM   #11
duc996
Registered Users-pm+

duc996 has been promoted to Pirateduc996 has been promoted to Pirateduc996 has been promoted to Pirateduc996 has been promoted to Pirateduc996 has been promoted to Pirateduc996 has been promoted to Pirateduc996 has been promoted to Pirateduc996 has been promoted to Pirateduc996 has been promoted to Pirateduc996 has been promoted to Pirateduc996 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by beerdruid View Post
Outstanding work!! The use of walnut and maple together in pieces has to be my favorite combination of woods. I've done keep sake boxes in the same combination with nothing other than danish oil and they always look great. Love it!
Thank you, I really like using contrasting woods to n most of the items I build.
duc996 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2018, 11:11 AM   #12
Wado
Registered Users-pm+

Wado has been promoted to PirateWado has been promoted to PirateWado has been promoted to PirateWado has been promoted to PirateWado has been promoted to PirateWado has been promoted to PirateWado has been promoted to PirateWado has been promoted to PirateWado has been promoted to PirateWado has been promoted to PirateWado has been promoted to Pirate
Polycrylic

What kind of rig are you spraying the finish with? I used to have a HVLP turbine rig I was using but it was so hard to get in tight places I switched to a Graco mini HVLP that uses filtered air, just not heated like the turbine. I like the poly but lately I have been using the Minwax Spar Polyurethane. More trouble cleaning up being solvent based. I have an island to spray that will be polycrylic to match some other cabinets so I will be switching hoses for it. Beautiful work on the cue cabinet, love the inlay detail.
Wado is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2018, 11:20 AM   #13
duc996
Registered Users-pm+

duc996 has been promoted to Pirateduc996 has been promoted to Pirateduc996 has been promoted to Pirateduc996 has been promoted to Pirateduc996 has been promoted to Pirateduc996 has been promoted to Pirateduc996 has been promoted to Pirateduc996 has been promoted to Pirateduc996 has been promoted to Pirateduc996 has been promoted to Pirateduc996 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wado View Post
What kind of rig are you spraying the finish with? I used to have a HVLP turbine rig I was using but it was so hard to get in tight places I switched to a Graco mini HVLP that uses filtered air, just not heated like the turbine. I like the poly but lately I have been using the Minwax Spar Polyurethane. More trouble cleaning up being solvent based. I have an island to spray that will be polycrylic to match some other cabinets so I will be switching hoses for it. Beautiful work on the cue cabinet, love the inlay detail.
Hi Wado, I am using a Fuji mini-mite 5 with a 1.3mm spray tip. No thinning of the polycrylic, use at full viscosity. Hope that helps.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2018, 02:40 PM   #14
Wado
Registered Users-pm+

Wado has been promoted to PirateWado has been promoted to PirateWado has been promoted to PirateWado has been promoted to PirateWado has been promoted to PirateWado has been promoted to PirateWado has been promoted to PirateWado has been promoted to PirateWado has been promoted to PirateWado has been promoted to PirateWado has been promoted to Pirate
Fuji

Looks like a nice rig. I converted my first gun to a pressurized system using a separate can instead of the siphon feed so I could invert the gun but the big air hose caused me lots of grief. I didn't have anything as good as a Fuji, mine was a CH but on flat surfaces it put down a nice finish and the warm air sped up the drying. The Graco started out as a gravity feed HVLP but I hooked it to a two quart pressurized can immediately. It's nice to just clean the tip between coats and not have to worry about breaking down the gun every time. I do dump the pot at night and run either solvent or water through it if I am going to use it the next day. I bet that Fuji does lacquer really well with dry air.
Old 04-03-2018, 02:57 PM   #15
duc996
Registered Users-pm+

Yes, I really like my Fuji spray. I opted to buy the Fuji with the gravity feed to begin with and now I have a siphon feed gun as well with smaller canisters that come with air right lids for storing top coats. I am about to get the 3M PPS system for ease of clean up and it will also solve your issue if painting upside down as well or any direction. Check it out. 👍🏽
Old 04-03-2018, 08:15 PM   #16
Wado
Registered Users-pm+

I think I bought the fittings for that 3M system you are speaking of. Does it use liners in the can? I still have the fittings somewhere and never used them. Don't know if that would work for you but you could have them. I never used it.
Old 04-05-2018, 10:46 PM   #17
ibtbone
John 3:16

ibtbone has been promoted to Pirateibtbone has been promoted to Pirateibtbone has been promoted to Pirateibtbone has been promoted to Pirateibtbone has been promoted to Pirateibtbone has been promoted to Pirateibtbone has been promoted to Pirateibtbone has been promoted to Pirateibtbone has been promoted to Pirateibtbone has been promoted to Pirateibtbone has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by beerdruid View Post
Outstanding work!! The use of walnut and maple together in pieces has to be my favorite combination of woods. I've done keep sake boxes in the same combination with nothing other than danish oil and they always look great. Love it!

I can attest to the quality of his art. I was lucky enough to purchase one of his 3D cutting boards earlier this year. Nice guy and very talented artist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ibtbone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2018, 08:55 AM   #18
duc996
Registered Users-pm+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibtbone View Post
I can attest to the quality of his art. I was lucky enough to purchase one of his 3D cutting boards earlier this year. Nice guy and very talented artist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you very much! Doesn’t look like you’ve cut on the board yet. Is that a stand it is sitting on? Very nice!
Old 04-07-2018, 11:18 AM   #19
ibtbone
John 3:16

ibtbone has been promoted to Pirateibtbone has been promoted to Pirateibtbone has been promoted to Pirateibtbone has been promoted to Pirateibtbone has been promoted to Pirateibtbone has been promoted to Pirateibtbone has been promoted to Pirateibtbone has been promoted to Pirateibtbone has been promoted to Pirateibtbone has been promoted to Pirateibtbone has been promoted to Pirate
Texasflag4

Quote:
Originally Posted by duc996 View Post
Thank you very much! Doesn’t look like you’ve cut on the board yet. Is that a stand it is sitting on? Very nice!
yes, that is a stand, the one that had wouldn't work for this board due to the thickness/weight of this board
ibtbone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2018, 11:46 AM   #20
duc996
Registered Users-pm+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibtbone View Post
yes, that is a stand, the one that had wouldn't work for this board due to the thickness/weight of this board
ibtbone, thanks again for your support!