Bitcoin and crptocurrency markets - Page 8 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Investments and finance
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-21-2017, 08:07 PM   #71
habanerojooz
Who said that was spicy?

habanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Pirate
By the time Coinbase adds the new altcoins, the one you may have your eye on today may have gone up in price by a huge amount.

I saw Ripple (XRP) at under .50 earlier this week. I signed up on a couple of exchanges to make purchases but the process takes days to get authorized. Still not completely authorized and XRP has doubled in that time. Ugh!

If you want to get in now, you should be teaching yourself about all of the different exchanges, P2P sites, etc. where you can buy/sell/trade for altcoins, learning the requirements of how to fund those sites so that you can make purchases, learning which altcoins that each site trades, etc. There's no handy guide and it is a wild west right now. There are many options and much of it is not user friendly.

What's even more important is.....learning about how to keep your altcoins safe after you buy them. If you get wiped out after a site gets hacked, that is 100% on you as you have options that can mitigate that risk. Don't be a fool by leaving your altcoins stored in digital wallets on those sites where you purchased the altcoins. Those sites are not banks and there is no guarantee that you'll get your coins back if they get hacked.
habanerojooz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2017, 08:42 PM   #72
Wizness
Registered Users-pm+

Wizness has been promoted to PirateWizness has been promoted to PirateWizness has been promoted to PirateWizness has been promoted to PirateWizness has been promoted to PirateWizness has been promoted to PirateWizness has been promoted to PirateWizness has been promoted to PirateWizness has been promoted to PirateWizness has been promoted to PirateWizness has been promoted to Pirate
I would recommend getting a ledger nano s hardware wallet to store your coins. It doesn't support all coins but has a decent amount. If you want xrp or xlm (stellar lumens) or other coins an easy way is to go to shapeshift or changelly and convert bitcoins, litecoin, etc to whatever coins you want. I like to exchange with litecoin because it's fast and cheap fees. There tons of YouTube videos how to do it. Once you do it it's not big deal. I wish I woulda bought a lot more xrp when it was cheaper but will made some money. I hold some coins of xlm which I hope will get up there one day. Still somewhat new to the crypto world but knew about it few years back. Wish I would of put some money in it back then but oh well. If coinbase adds more altcoins which they will I'm sure prices will shoot up a lot. I'm holding for a few years and gonna see what happens.
Wizness is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2017, 10:25 PM   #73
habanerojooz
Who said that was spicy?

habanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Pirate
Yes, I have a Ledger Nano S arriving tomorrow.

Yes, I'm aware of the conversion process to purchase altcoins. The altcoins I have now I want to hold, thus my initial purchases have been in USD.

IOTA, NEM, Ripple, and Cardano - considering one or more of these now, should have gotten Ripple earlier this week.
habanerojooz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2017, 12:01 AM   #74
Wizness
Registered Users-pm+

Wizness has been promoted to PirateWizness has been promoted to PirateWizness has been promoted to PirateWizness has been promoted to PirateWizness has been promoted to PirateWizness has been promoted to PirateWizness has been promoted to PirateWizness has been promoted to PirateWizness has been promoted to PirateWizness has been promoted to PirateWizness has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by habanerojooz View Post
Yes, I have a Ledger Nano S arriving tomorrow.

Yes, I'm aware of the conversion process to purchase altcoins. The altcoins I have now I want to hold, thus my initial purchases have been in USD.

IOTA, NEM, Ripple, and Cardano - considering one or more of these now, should have gotten Ripple earlier this week.
My post was really meant for cman. I might get some more ripple but only have so much to invest. Wish I got in the game a couple years back.
Old 12-22-2017, 12:26 AM   #75
SpeckReds
Registered Users-pm+

SpeckReds has been promoted to PirateSpeckReds has been promoted to PirateSpeckReds has been promoted to PirateSpeckReds has been promoted to PirateSpeckReds has been promoted to PirateSpeckReds has been promoted to PirateSpeckReds has been promoted to PirateSpeckReds has been promoted to PirateSpeckReds has been promoted to PirateSpeckReds has been promoted to PirateSpeckReds has been promoted to Pirate
Just for note Bitcoin just forked again. Not much news on it yet.

SBTC- Super Bitcoin -bigger blocks, smart contract support, lightning network, zero knowledge proofs, etc. This one may actually turn out to be something. Time will tell.

Also another Fork coming in a few days LBTC Bitcoin Lightning

There have been a few forks this year. Bitcoin Gold, Bitcoin Cash, Bitcoin Diamond, Bitcoin Core
Bitcoin Cash has been the most successful of them at this point.
SpeckReds is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2017, 09:05 AM   #76
sleepersilverado
Registered Users-pm+

sleepersilverado has been promoted to Piratesleepersilverado has been promoted to Piratesleepersilverado has been promoted to Piratesleepersilverado has been promoted to Piratesleepersilverado has been promoted to Piratesleepersilverado has been promoted to Piratesleepersilverado has been promoted to Piratesleepersilverado has been promoted to Piratesleepersilverado has been promoted to Piratesleepersilverado has been promoted to Piratesleepersilverado has been promoted to Pirate
So do you buy / sell through the nano ledger? or do you still need to set up an account with coinbase?
sleepersilverado is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2017, 11:09 AM   #77
Wizness
Registered Users-pm+

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepersilverado View Post
So do you buy / sell through the nano ledger? or do you still need to set up an account with coinbase?
Ledger is only for storing your coins. You can transfer in and out but can't buy coins through it. You still have to use coinbase or an exchange to buy.
Old 12-22-2017, 02:01 PM   #78
cman
Registered Users-pm+

cman has been promoted to Piratecman has been promoted to Piratecman has been promoted to Piratecman has been promoted to Piratecman has been promoted to Piratecman has been promoted to Piratecman has been promoted to Piratecman has been promoted to Piratecman has been promoted to Piratecman has been promoted to Piratecman has been promoted to Pirate
Sold my GBTC just now at just over 100% profit in one month. Was up over 400% at one point.
cman is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2017, 07:38 PM   #79
sleepersilverado
Registered Users-pm+

sleepersilverado has been promoted to Piratesleepersilverado has been promoted to Piratesleepersilverado has been promoted to Piratesleepersilverado has been promoted to Piratesleepersilverado has been promoted to Piratesleepersilverado has been promoted to Piratesleepersilverado has been promoted to Piratesleepersilverado has been promoted to Piratesleepersilverado has been promoted to Piratesleepersilverado has been promoted to Piratesleepersilverado has been promoted to Pirate
So,amateur hour....
Coinbase only has 4 options, what are you guys using to but the other currencies not on coinbase?
sleepersilverado is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2017, 06:01 PM   #80
chwoodall
Registered Users-pm+

chwoodall has been promoted to Piratechwoodall has been promoted to Piratechwoodall has been promoted to Piratechwoodall has been promoted to Piratechwoodall has been promoted to Piratechwoodall has been promoted to Piratechwoodall has been promoted to Piratechwoodall has been promoted to Piratechwoodall has been promoted to Piratechwoodall has been promoted to Piratechwoodall has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepersilverado View Post
So,amateur hour....
Coinbase only has 4 options, what are you guys using to but the other currencies not on coinbase?
I use Binance.. has tons of others to choose from but you have to trade in bitcoin or eth.. so buy either with coinbase and send it to binance to do so. Do you guys normally stick with the major players on coinbase or venture to the other smaller coins? I made some $ with litecoin but now only deal with ethereum and the alt coins.

There is a lot of money to be made and many will tell you to buy and leave it be, not try to day trade.. I agree. But there are also lots of "pump and dump" things happening with the alt coins.. I had stop losses trigger yesterday and sold most of my currency before it all tanked. Got to work this morning and put a lot back in and cashed out with 1600 in profit today alone before the pumps turned to people selling everything back off. I trade back to ethereum when not chasing these sharp rises.. but you can lose your arse just as fast as you can make $. I have only ever put 500$ into crypto, and have made several thousand.. been very lucky. But I would be okay with waking up to 0$ knowing I only put in 500 vs the people mortgaging homes and taking out loans to try and make it rich.. if you will miss the money you want to put into this venture I'd think twice! I have heard horror stories! Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited by chwoodall; 12-23-2017 at 06:21 PM.
chwoodall is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message