Where to buy shark fishing weights and leaders - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > Gulf Coast Surf Fishing Message Board
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-30-2017, 05:04 PM   #1
HuntinforTail
Chris

HuntinforTail has been promoted to PirateHuntinforTail has been promoted to PirateHuntinforTail has been promoted to PirateHuntinforTail has been promoted to PirateHuntinforTail has been promoted to PirateHuntinforTail has been promoted to PirateHuntinforTail has been promoted to PirateHuntinforTail has been promoted to PirateHuntinforTail has been promoted to PirateHuntinforTail has been promoted to PirateHuntinforTail has been promoted to Pirate
Where to buy shark fishing weights and leaders

Hi Guys. I used to be big into shark fishing. I've pretty much quit since I had kids. I'm going on a trip to Florida in a few weeks with the inlaws and was hoping to run a few lines while i'm there. I've still got just about all of my gear, but I gave away my leaders and weights.

I was thinking about ordering some leaders from Spartan Tackle, but didn't see weights on their website. Catch Sharks has weights and leaders, but they are really expensive. Does anyone know where I can get some reasonably priced shark weights and leaders? Better yet, if anyone here has some extras, I'd be happy to pay you for them. I typically run a 30'+ sliding trace type rig with a 20/0 circle.
HuntinforTail is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2017, 06:34 PM   #2
sharkchum
Banned

sharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Pirate
What size weights do you need?
sharkchum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-30-2017, 08:35 PM   #3
hurricane matt
Registered Users-pm+

hurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Pirate
Been using pavers with 10# breakaway line. Shark Sunday ran like nothing was there ,bit thru. If we pour weights I use galv pipe cheaper) and bunch of old dove loads with I think #8 copper but no fun bringing back in. The bite thru line worked last two trips. Look like you have a guy here to make yah some!
hurricane matt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2017, 08:02 AM   #4
bigdav160
Registered Users-pm+

bigdav160 has been promoted to Piratebigdav160 has been promoted to Piratebigdav160 has been promoted to Piratebigdav160 has been promoted to Piratebigdav160 has been promoted to Piratebigdav160 has been promoted to Piratebigdav160 has been promoted to Piratebigdav160 has been promoted to Piratebigdav160 has been promoted to Piratebigdav160 has been promoted to Piratebigdav160 has been promoted to Pirate
Last time I went to Florida, guys were shark fishing with Penn Internationals and whole spanish macs for bait.
bigdav160 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-01-2017, 01:41 PM   #5
HuntinforTail
Chris

HuntinforTail has been promoted to PirateHuntinforTail has been promoted to PirateHuntinforTail has been promoted to PirateHuntinforTail has been promoted to PirateHuntinforTail has been promoted to PirateHuntinforTail has been promoted to PirateHuntinforTail has been promoted to PirateHuntinforTail has been promoted to PirateHuntinforTail has been promoted to PirateHuntinforTail has been promoted to PirateHuntinforTail has been promoted to Pirate
I'm looking for probably 12oz plus. Depends on the material and gauge of the legs. I've considered bricks for breakaways, but i'd rather spider weights.

I sold my avets, but I still have 1 50w and a couple 9/0s. I just need leaders and weights. This was my old rig and some of my catches back when I was sharkin 2-3 times a month. I fished florida a few times back then also.
Attached Images

HuntinforTail is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-01-2017, 01:43 PM   #6
the toninator
Banned

the toninator has been promoted to Piratethe toninator has been promoted to Piratethe toninator has been promoted to Piratethe toninator has been promoted to Piratethe toninator has been promoted to Piratethe toninator has been promoted to Piratethe toninator has been promoted to Piratethe toninator has been promoted to Piratethe toninator has been promoted to Piratethe toninator has been promoted to Piratethe toninator has been promoted to Pirate
Seapony in Winnie.
the toninator is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-02-2017, 11:52 AM   #7
TxBrewer
Registered Users-pm+

TxBrewer has been promoted to PirateTxBrewer has been promoted to PirateTxBrewer has been promoted to PirateTxBrewer has been promoted to PirateTxBrewer has been promoted to PirateTxBrewer has been promoted to PirateTxBrewer has been promoted to PirateTxBrewer has been promoted to PirateTxBrewer has been promoted to PirateTxBrewer has been promoted to PirateTxBrewer has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkchum View Post
What size weights do you need?
Getting ready to head to matagorda in a couple months and trying to figure out what I will need for weights. Hope you get an answer to this.
TxBrewer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-02-2017, 01:09 PM   #8
the toninator
Banned

the toninator has been promoted to Piratethe toninator has been promoted to Piratethe toninator has been promoted to Piratethe toninator has been promoted to Piratethe toninator has been promoted to Piratethe toninator has been promoted to Piratethe toninator has been promoted to Piratethe toninator has been promoted to Piratethe toninator has been promoted to Piratethe toninator has been promoted to Piratethe toninator has been promoted to Pirate
I run 10/12oz spider weights on the upper coast with a 1lb to 2lb bait in light to moderate conditions 80lb line. I've run pounder spiders in rough conditions and grassy conditions.
the toninator is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2020, 10:00 AM   #9
SeaG1ant
Registered Users-pm+

SeaG1ant is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
There are a lot of fishing stores in Florida. Check them out!
SeaG1ant is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2020, 10:14 AM   #10
LIL NEMO
Registered Users-pm+

LIL NEMO has been promoted to the rank of BosunLIL NEMO has been promoted to the rank of BosunLIL NEMO has been promoted to the rank of BosunLIL NEMO has been promoted to the rank of BosunLIL NEMO has been promoted to the rank of BosunLIL NEMO has been promoted to the rank of BosunLIL NEMO has been promoted to the rank of BosunLIL NEMO has been promoted to the rank of BosunLIL NEMO has been promoted to the rank of BosunLIL NEMO has been promoted to the rank of BosunLIL NEMO has been promoted to the rank of Bosun
Sharkchum is your best bet for the info you are looking for. Not to steal your post but I would like to know where Sharkchum gets the 6/0 3-Way Swivels for his Hydromax leaders.
LIL NEMO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message