1/2 ton diesels - Page 3 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Trucks/Towing/Trailering Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2021, 11:21 AM   #21
tamucc04
Registered Users-pm+

tamucc04 has been promoted to Piratetamucc04 has been promoted to Piratetamucc04 has been promoted to Piratetamucc04 has been promoted to Piratetamucc04 has been promoted to Piratetamucc04 has been promoted to Piratetamucc04 has been promoted to Piratetamucc04 has been promoted to Piratetamucc04 has been promoted to Piratetamucc04 has been promoted to Piratetamucc04 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt D View Post
Stay away from the Nissan Titan I know why they stoped putting the 5.0 Cummins in them. I put 35,000 miles on mine and was in the shop for over 2 months. Dodge 6.7 deleted I get 22 MPG pulling a 34TT I get 13-14mpg
What year was your Titan? I have one now and love it (knock on wood) but it is a late 18 model. My understanding is they had a bad batch of cranks the first year and a half and they snapped often. Im 50k miles on mine and deleted and it is trucking along good.
tamucc04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2021, 02:44 PM   #22
atcfisherman
Saved by the Grace of God

atcfisherman has been promoted to Pirateatcfisherman has been promoted to Pirateatcfisherman has been promoted to Pirateatcfisherman has been promoted to Pirateatcfisherman has been promoted to Pirateatcfisherman has been promoted to Pirateatcfisherman has been promoted to Pirateatcfisherman has been promoted to Pirateatcfisherman has been promoted to Pirateatcfisherman has been promoted to Pirateatcfisherman has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamucc04 View Post
What year was your Titan? I have one now and love it (knock on wood) but it is a late 18 model. My understanding is they had a bad batch of cranks the first year and a half and they snapped often. Im 50k miles on mine and deleted and it is trucking along good.
What kind of MGP do you get with your diesel Titan?
atcfisherman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2021, 04:52 PM   #23
Wedge
Retired and working

Wedge has been promoted to PirateWedge has been promoted to PirateWedge has been promoted to PirateWedge has been promoted to PirateWedge has been promoted to PirateWedge has been promoted to PirateWedge has been promoted to PirateWedge has been promoted to PirateWedge has been promoted to PirateWedge has been promoted to PirateWedge has been promoted to Pirate
I bought the 1/2 ton Silverado LTZ Z71 with the 3.0 D-Max. I have no regrets so far. I traded a 6.2 F250 gasser for it. Glad to see that rough ride find happiness elsewhere. The F250 was good to me though.....75000 miles and nothing but go......at 13 MPG driving and 9 pulling. This little diesel pulled my JH B225 really well today. I have no regrets so far.
Wedge is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2021, 12:28 PM   #24
acoastalbender
Registered Users-pm+

acoastalbender has been promoted to Pirateacoastalbender has been promoted to Pirateacoastalbender has been promoted to Pirateacoastalbender has been promoted to Pirateacoastalbender has been promoted to Pirateacoastalbender has been promoted to Pirateacoastalbender has been promoted to Pirateacoastalbender has been promoted to Pirateacoastalbender has been promoted to Pirateacoastalbender has been promoted to Pirateacoastalbender has been promoted to Pirate
Diesels are everywhere if you look ... from little 1.1 liters in tiny hatchbacks to 50 ton monsters in ships and everything in between ... but for some reason they just don't belong in 1/2 tons ... no logical arguments, just because ... I've argued this with many here over the years who said it would never happen, (not to the most primed of all segments, the 1/2 ton market ) ... well it's sure as heck happening now as predicted and will continue ... ... is my further prediction ...
acoastalbender is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2021, 01:34 PM   #25
bigfishtx
Registered Users-pm+

bigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt D View Post
Stay away from the Nissan Titan I know why they stoped putting the 5.0 Cummins in them. I put 35,000 miles on mine and was in the shop for over 2 months. Dodge 6.7 deleted I get 22 MPG pulling a 34TT I get 13-14mpg
Lol. I get 40 mpg with mine.
bigfishtx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2021, 01:38 PM   #26
Bukmstr
Registered Users-pm+

Bukmstr has been promoted to PirateBukmstr has been promoted to PirateBukmstr has been promoted to PirateBukmstr has been promoted to PirateBukmstr has been promoted to PirateBukmstr has been promoted to PirateBukmstr has been promoted to PirateBukmstr has been promoted to PirateBukmstr has been promoted to PirateBukmstr has been promoted to PirateBukmstr has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfishtx View Post
Lol. I get 40 mpg with mine.

I don't get 40 MPG lol, but I do love my Pro- 4X Cummins....Over 40K now and 0 issues....Guess we shall see
Bukmstr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2021, 04:11 PM   #27
SSST
Registered Users-pm+

SSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by acoastalbender View Post
Diesels are everywhere if you look ... from little 1.1 liters in tiny hatchbacks to 50 ton monsters in ships and everything in between ... but for some reason they just don't belong in 1/2 tons ... no logical arguments, just because ... I've argued this with many here over the years who said it would never happen, (not to the most primed of all segments, the 1/2 ton market ) ... well it's sure as heck happening now as predicted and will continue ... ... is my further prediction ...

When you can get 8-10 mpg better, apples to apples, it begins to make sense.
SSST is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2021, 05:05 PM   #28
standfas
Registered Users-pm+

standfas is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Pulled the trigger

Doing research on the 3 options for 1/2 ton diesels lead me down the GMC path. Really wasn't interested in the Ram after reading/hearing some pretty worrisome stories about reliability. I eliminated the Ford based cost comparisons on available options. The value just wasn't there for the Ford.
That lead me to the GMC/Chevrolet 3.0 Duramax. Drove both and really felt like the GMC was the better fit. I'd been shopping hard for a GMC Sierra 1500 AT4 in the 3.0 duramax in Satin Steel. Apparently that color is in high demand. Finally found one in Corpus and picked it up last week. In the AT4 and Denali trim the upcharge was only $995 for the diesel. Same as the 6.2 gasser upcharge. So far I love the truck!

Coming home to Dickinson from Corpus was heading in to a pretty stiff head wind...plus i was REALLY ready to get home. 80+mph in to 15-20mph head wind really made the mileage suffer...got right at 20mpg. So far my best avg is about 25mpg on the hwy. Was expecting a little better. But, it's WAY better than my '14 Tundra that I traded and WAY better than any 3/4 ton diesel.

Haven't towed anything yet, but I'm petty confident it will be all I need for anything I tow.
standfas is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2021, 11:02 PM   #29
Cardiac Cid
Registered Users-pm+

Cardiac Cid has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Cardiac Cid has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Cardiac Cid has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Cardiac Cid has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Cardiac Cid has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Cardiac Cid has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Cardiac Cid has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Cardiac Cid has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Cardiac Cid has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Cardiac Cid has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Cardiac Cid has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)
Congratulations on the truck and welcome to the club. Ive had mine now for about 5mons and put just over 6k miles on it and absolutely LOVE it! No regrets and fuel mileage is insane. First time you get 600miles to a tank you will smile ear to ear. As far as the pulling power great low end torgue and about 15mpg.
Cardiac Cid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2021, 07:01 AM   #30
standfas
Registered Users-pm+

standfas is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardiac Cid View Post
Congratulations on the truck and welcome to the club. Ive had mine now for about 5mons and put just over 6k miles on it and absolutely LOVE it! No regrets and fuel mileage is insane. First time you get 600miles to a tank you will smile ear to ear. As far as the pulling power great low end torgue and about 15mpg.

Thanks! I smile ear to ear every time I get in it! I saw some posts you made about your truck in another thread. Yours looks great with the leveling kit. I’ve read there could be issues with the CV boot/angle when these trucks are lifted. Mine came with the 2” lift from the factory but I’d like to level it to get rid of some of the rake. Have you had any issues with your level? Which kit did you use? Who did the level for you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
standfas is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message