Fishing from the sand 9-29/30 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > Gulf Coast Surf Fishing Message Board
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2020, 11:07 PM   #1
shadslinger

shadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirate
drum Fishing from the sand 9-29/30

I made my annual surf fishing trip for bull reds yesterday and today with Evan, we had a great time at the beach.
We got there yesterday about 9:30 and started catching the heck out of gaff top and big hard heads on half crab.
Having bought two dozen live crab they were getting to be pricey dang gaff top!

So I doubled down and put a whole on, bingo! Bull red before I got back to the beach. I did that three more times and later both Evan and I got bull reds just after putting the rods in the holder. They were biting great, but the 1st sand bar was brutal, having become very shallow(ankle deep) after the storms I suppose. I have never seen it like that at this beach before. Getting bull reds over it were a chore and cost several fish.
We battled bull reds the rest of the day and I got a bonus big ugly and Evan a bonus bull shark about 4'.
At end of day one I had six bull reds landed and a big ugly. Evan caught five bull reds and a couple of small sharks and a 4' bull shark.
Day two was slow, the geese and roseate spoonbill that had been flying the day before were absent and not near as many ducks flew the shoreline. Evan caught three bull reds and a bunch of small sharks and a mean ole ray that never sucked down to the bottom and put up a great fight. I caught a couple of small sharks.
A good trip to the surf for some bull red action.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2020, 11:17 PM   #2
SandSquatch
Registered Users-pm+

SandSquatch has been promote to GunnerSandSquatch has been promote to GunnerSandSquatch has been promote to GunnerSandSquatch has been promote to GunnerSandSquatch has been promote to GunnerSandSquatch has been promote to GunnerSandSquatch has been promote to GunnerSandSquatch has been promote to GunnerSandSquatch has been promote to GunnerSandSquatch has been promote to GunnerSandSquatch has been promote to Gunner
That’s bad ***. Sounds like a great trip. Yeah those cownose rays don’t suck to the bottom, they swim in schools throughout the water column.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SandSquatch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2020, 06:59 AM   #3
mccain
\m/

mccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Pirate
looks like a great trip. yawl made that beach yer b****. what neck o' the woods were yawl....bolivar, galvez?

Last edited by mccain; 10-01-2020 at 07:08 AM.
mccain is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2020, 09:52 AM   #4
Northern fisherman
Registered Users-pm+

Northern fisherman has been promoted to PirateNorthern fisherman has been promoted to PirateNorthern fisherman has been promoted to PirateNorthern fisherman has been promoted to PirateNorthern fisherman has been promoted to PirateNorthern fisherman has been promoted to PirateNorthern fisherman has been promoted to PirateNorthern fisherman has been promoted to PirateNorthern fisherman has been promoted to PirateNorthern fisherman has been promoted to PirateNorthern fisherman has been promoted to Pirate
Looks like a great trip. Thanks fur sharing Loy!

Northern fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2020, 12:50 PM   #5
habanerojooz
Who said that was spicy?

habanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Pirate
Good job! Shoreline looks familiar. Did you drive through the love and peace and smiles camp?

habanerojooz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2020, 02:39 PM   #6
shadslinger

shadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirate
drum

It's a great beach somewhere on the upper coast, that's all Evan will tell me

I remember the first day when we pulled rods to go to the motel one had a bull red on it, bringing my total brought to the sand seven for that day.
If I had the strength to haul them over the first bar I could have landed twenty, and felt even worse the next day.

Here are few more pics, sometimes the same bull red will get into two different pictures because the other side sometimes have awesome spot patterns I like to show.
All of the bulls were brutes over 40", we only measured one, and it was not the biggest, but fought the hardest, and it was 43.5"
The total for the first day was 12 bull reds, one big ugly, one 4' bull shark, several 2' pup sharks and several bite throughs by Spanish macs hitting the snap swivel to our homemade weed eater leaders. I saw one fly through the air on the first bar and then I knew the slack lines we reeled in were getting cut by them.
The 2nd day Evan caught three big bull reds early and we both caught several small sharks and he caught the cownose ray.
All in all a great yearly trip to mystery beach.
Attached Images

shadslinger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2020, 03:09 PM   #7
SandSquatch
Registered Users-pm+

SandSquatch has been promote to GunnerSandSquatch has been promote to GunnerSandSquatch has been promote to GunnerSandSquatch has been promote to GunnerSandSquatch has been promote to GunnerSandSquatch has been promote to GunnerSandSquatch has been promote to GunnerSandSquatch has been promote to GunnerSandSquatch has been promote to GunnerSandSquatch has been promote to GunnerSandSquatch has been promote to Gunner
When it’s that shallow I’ll walk up to the first bar and fight em. A lot less stressful for the fish and my arm.

SandSquatch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2020, 06:25 PM   #8
shadslinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandSquatch View Post
When it’s that shallow I’ll walk up to the first bar and fight em. A lot less stressful for the fish and my arm.

It was a long way out to that bar, I might have waded out to fight them in my younger days, but my number of wades out to cast is limited by my mobility problems. So I just slugged it out from the sand.
It is hard on your arms and back!
Old 10-03-2020, 03:41 PM   #9
saltwaterfisherman
Registered Users-pm+

saltwaterfisherman has been promoted to Piratesaltwaterfisherman has been promoted to Piratesaltwaterfisherman has been promoted to Piratesaltwaterfisherman has been promoted to Piratesaltwaterfisherman has been promoted to Piratesaltwaterfisherman has been promoted to Piratesaltwaterfisherman has been promoted to Piratesaltwaterfisherman has been promoted to Piratesaltwaterfisherman has been promoted to Piratesaltwaterfisherman has been promoted to Piratesaltwaterfisherman has been promoted to Pirate
That looks like a good time. Good job.
saltwaterfisherman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2020, 12:39 PM   #10
[email protected]
Registered Users-pm+

oscar@CBF has been promoted to Pirateoscar@CBF has been promoted to Pirateoscar@CBF has been promoted to Pirateoscar@CBF has been promoted to Pirateoscar@CBF has been promoted to Pirateoscar@CBF has been promoted to Pirateoscar@CBF has been promoted to Pirateoscar@CBF has been promoted to Pirateoscar@CBF has been promoted to Pirateoscar@CBF has been promoted to Pirateoscar@CBF has been promoted to Pirate
Hell of a trip!
oscar@CBF is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message