2020 Chevy Misfire - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Trucks/Towing/Trailering Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2020, 11:55 AM   #1
deerhunter5
Fightin Texas Aggie Class of ‘21

deerhunter5 has been promoted to Piratedeerhunter5 has been promoted to Piratedeerhunter5 has been promoted to Piratedeerhunter5 has been promoted to Piratedeerhunter5 has been promoted to Piratedeerhunter5 has been promoted to Piratedeerhunter5 has been promoted to Piratedeerhunter5 has been promoted to Piratedeerhunter5 has been promoted to Piratedeerhunter5 has been promoted to Piratedeerhunter5 has been promoted to Pirate
2020 Chevy Misfire

I just purchased a 2020 Chevy Silverado with the 5.3 Ecotech and I’ve had a flashing check engine light twice now and I have less than 1500 miles on the vehicle. The first time was around 2 minutes of flashing, brought it to the dealership and had 64 misfires on cylinder 8. Was told not a big deal, something gas related keep driving it. Well it happened again around 300 miles later... same thing but stayed on for ~5 minutes now. Waiting for a diagnostic from the dealership but they basically said nothing we can do, it’s not a big deal it won’t affect it, but I don’t like the fact that it’s having misfires period as it’s brand new. Has anyone else experienced this issue?
deerhunter5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2020, 12:00 PM   #2
hurricane matt
Registered Users-pm+

hurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Pirate
No never owned a brand new vehicle. Thanks for sharing. I'd be ****** if a 30K truck was doing.that. I'll stick to my 13 yr old cash Duramax.

Do you have an obd2 reader. Is it just one cylinder? You can test the coils yourself but easier to find out which cyl. with odb2 scanner first. Just swap the coils and see if the misfire follows for an easy test.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
hurricane matt is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2020, 02:37 PM   #3
deerhunter5
Fightin Texas Aggie Class of ‘21

deerhunter5 has been promoted to Piratedeerhunter5 has been promoted to Piratedeerhunter5 has been promoted to Piratedeerhunter5 has been promoted to Piratedeerhunter5 has been promoted to Piratedeerhunter5 has been promoted to Piratedeerhunter5 has been promoted to Piratedeerhunter5 has been promoted to Piratedeerhunter5 has been promoted to Piratedeerhunter5 has been promoted to Piratedeerhunter5 has been promoted to Pirate
Update on today, got it back from dealer again, same thing “unable to duplicate, come back while it’s doing it”. This time, 240 misfires in cylinder 4 and scattered misfires from 18-50 per cylinder. Blamed it on “possible” over filling of tank. Hard to believe when it happened twice, the first time on a quarter tank and second time 20 miles after a fill up. But both times were during the exact same circumstances of accelerating from 60 to 65ish miles an hour very lightly on the accelerator.
deerhunter5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2020, 03:09 PM   #4
hurricane matt
Registered Users-pm+

hurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Pirate
Overfilling of tank? What a load of ****. What is the P code it is throwing just the 3 one? These new vehicles suck.

On another note Looking for an 97or 99 4 runner if anyone knows of one 4x4

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
hurricane matt is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2020, 12:48 AM   #5
saltwaterfisherman
Registered Users-pm+

saltwaterfisherman has been promoted to Piratesaltwaterfisherman has been promoted to Piratesaltwaterfisherman has been promoted to Piratesaltwaterfisherman has been promoted to Piratesaltwaterfisherman has been promoted to Piratesaltwaterfisherman has been promoted to Piratesaltwaterfisherman has been promoted to Piratesaltwaterfisherman has been promoted to Piratesaltwaterfisherman has been promoted to Piratesaltwaterfisherman has been promoted to Piratesaltwaterfisherman has been promoted to Pirate
If you bought it brand new and you have the same problem 3 times you can claim lemon law. A few years ago we had a new Ford Transit diesel that was a POS. We had it in the dealer every other week with problems. I called our lease company and they helped me contact Ford and they bought it back from us. I would suggest that you look on the internet and see if you can get the contact of somebody higher up that the dealer. They can authorize the dealer to replace major components or replace it. It sound more like an electrical issue or possible ECM or VCM.
saltwaterfisherman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-19-2020, 08:38 PM   #6
Navi
Registered Users-pm+

Navi has been promoted to PirateNavi has been promoted to PirateNavi has been promoted to PirateNavi has been promoted to PirateNavi has been promoted to PirateNavi has been promoted to PirateNavi has been promoted to PirateNavi has been promoted to PirateNavi has been promoted to PirateNavi has been promoted to PirateNavi has been promoted to Pirate
Repeated overfilling the tank can throw a code, but it is usually related to the EVAP system. Haven’t seen that cause a misfire, but haven’t dealt with the newest GM motors too much. Have one sitting in the driveway now so keep us updated please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Navi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message