Surf Report (Galveston...Terramar Beach) 6-10 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > Individual Fishing & Game Reports
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-11-2008, 04:34 PM   #1
Johnnytx
Registered Users-pm+

Johnnytx has been promoted to PirateJohnnytx has been promoted to PirateJohnnytx has been promoted to PirateJohnnytx has been promoted to PirateJohnnytx has been promoted to PirateJohnnytx has been promoted to PirateJohnnytx has been promoted to PirateJohnnytx has been promoted to PirateJohnnytx has been promoted to PirateJohnnytx has been promoted to PirateJohnnytx has been promoted to Pirate
Surf Report (Galveston...Terramar Beach) 6-10

My family and I have been staying at a beach front home in Terramar Beach since Saturday (came back today). Of course the surf has been rocking pretty good but the water clarity has been pretty darn good, especially yesterday with green water to the beach! It was a little too rough to wade the second gut so instead I decided to break out the long rod to see what was cruisin' around in the third gut. After a few casts with the cast net, I had a couple of mullet ready to be cut up and throw on the line. First cast resulted in the ever so mentiond hard head catfish. I then walked out and gave the surf rod a heave and walked it back in. After about 3 minutes the rod tip started to bounce and my oldest son Brett grabbed it, gave it 5 cranks then slammed the hook home. This one gave a little bit of a fight on the surf rod so I was thinking it was a small black tip. After a minute or two I see lots of silver flashing as Brett pulls it in and to my surprise it was a big fat speck!! This one measure right at 26 1/8"! I told Brett a good while back that if he caught on 26 incher or better I'd get it mounted for him. I hardly thought it would of been at this time with a piece of cut mullet being used as bait!

Throughout the remainder of the day we caught probably 8 to 10 black tip sharks ranging from 1 to 2 1/2 foot (pups), one more solid speck @ 23", a 23" red and few more hard heads. The bite was non stop throughout the day.

The specks are in there but just too darn rough to give it all you've got. I'll tell you one thing...as soon as the surf lays down, it's gonna be on big time!

Here are a couple of pictures of Brett's trout. Keep in mind the boy is 14 years old, 6'3" and a solid 285 pds.! He makes me look like a midget.lol
Attached Images

Johnnytx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2008, 04:37 PM   #2
Aggieangler
Fin-ish Fantasy ('93)

Aggieangler has been promoted to PirateAggieangler has been promoted to PirateAggieangler has been promoted to PirateAggieangler has been promoted to PirateAggieangler has been promoted to PirateAggieangler has been promoted to PirateAggieangler has been promoted to PirateAggieangler has been promoted to PirateAggieangler has been promoted to PirateAggieangler has been promoted to PirateAggieangler has been promoted to Pirate
Congrats to Brett! Sounds like y'all had fun!
Aggieangler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2008, 04:37 PM   #3
hilldo
Banned

hilldo has been promoted to the rank of Riggerhilldo has been promoted to the rank of Riggerhilldo has been promoted to the rank of Riggerhilldo has been promoted to the rank of Riggerhilldo has been promoted to the rank of Riggerhilldo has been promoted to the rank of Riggerhilldo has been promoted to the rank of Riggerhilldo has been promoted to the rank of Riggerhilldo has been promoted to the rank of Riggerhilldo has been promoted to the rank of Riggerhilldo has been promoted to the rank of Rigger
Congrats to you and your boy!

Sounds like a good day to me.

Thanks for the report!
hilldo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2008, 04:59 PM   #4
huntvizsla
Registered Users-pm+

huntvizsla has been promoted to the rank of Chief Matehuntvizsla has been promoted to the rank of Chief Matehuntvizsla has been promoted to the rank of Chief Matehuntvizsla has been promoted to the rank of Chief Matehuntvizsla has been promoted to the rank of Chief Matehuntvizsla has been promoted to the rank of Chief Matehuntvizsla has been promoted to the rank of Chief Matehuntvizsla has been promoted to the rank of Chief Matehuntvizsla has been promoted to the rank of Chief Matehuntvizsla has been promoted to the rank of Chief Matehuntvizsla has been promoted to the rank of Chief Mate
nice fish, did you weigh it? looks hefty!
huntvizsla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2008, 05:00 PM   #5
surfsideperson
Registered Users-pm+

surfsideperson has been promoted to Piratesurfsideperson has been promoted to Piratesurfsideperson has been promoted to Piratesurfsideperson has been promoted to Piratesurfsideperson has been promoted to Piratesurfsideperson has been promoted to Piratesurfsideperson has been promoted to Piratesurfsideperson has been promoted to Piratesurfsideperson has been promoted to Piratesurfsideperson has been promoted to Piratesurfsideperson has been promoted to Pirate
great job
surfsideperson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2008, 05:02 PM   #6
The Machine
Registered Users-pm+

The Machine has been promoted to PirateThe Machine has been promoted to PirateThe Machine has been promoted to PirateThe Machine has been promoted to PirateThe Machine has been promoted to PirateThe Machine has been promoted to PirateThe Machine has been promoted to PirateThe Machine has been promoted to PirateThe Machine has been promoted to PirateThe Machine has been promoted to PirateThe Machine has been promoted to Pirate
Big trout, for a big boy, nice catch
The Machine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2008, 05:03 PM   #7
marshmadness
Get off the shed!!

marshmadness has been promoted to Piratemarshmadness has been promoted to Piratemarshmadness has been promoted to Piratemarshmadness has been promoted to Piratemarshmadness has been promoted to Piratemarshmadness has been promoted to Piratemarshmadness has been promoted to Piratemarshmadness has been promoted to Piratemarshmadness has been promoted to Piratemarshmadness has been promoted to Piratemarshmadness has been promoted to Pirate
Sign that boy up for some football!! And nice catch!
marshmadness is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2008, 05:03 PM   #8
salth2o
<***********>< Fish on.

salth2o has been promoted to Piratesalth2o has been promoted to Piratesalth2o has been promoted to Piratesalth2o has been promoted to Piratesalth2o has been promoted to Piratesalth2o has been promoted to Piratesalth2o has been promoted to Piratesalth2o has been promoted to Piratesalth2o has been promoted to Piratesalth2o has been promoted to Piratesalth2o has been promoted to Pirate
nice catch! I will be there this weekend.
salth2o is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2008, 06:33 PM   #9
shouldofbeenhereyesterday
Registered Users-pm+

shouldofbeenhereyesterday is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
nice spec!!! is he entered in the star tourny kids division?
shouldofbeenhereyesterday is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2008, 10:51 PM   #10
deke
Get Off My Bay!

deke has been promoted to Piratedeke has been promoted to Piratedeke has been promoted to Piratedeke has been promoted to Piratedeke has been promoted to Piratedeke has been promoted to Piratedeke has been promoted to Piratedeke has been promoted to Piratedeke has been promoted to Piratedeke has been promoted to Piratedeke has been promoted to Pirate
Nice fish! What position does he play, D-line or O-line? That young man could have some fun in high school ball.
deke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message