Looking at Ford F-250...anyone had any issues with the 6.4 or 6.7L Diesel - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > TTMB > TTMB
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-06-2014, 07:20 AM   #1
DeerSlayer
DeerSlayer

DeerSlayer has been promoted to PirateDeerSlayer has been promoted to PirateDeerSlayer has been promoted to PirateDeerSlayer has been promoted to PirateDeerSlayer has been promoted to PirateDeerSlayer has been promoted to PirateDeerSlayer has been promoted to PirateDeerSlayer has been promoted to PirateDeerSlayer has been promoted to PirateDeerSlayer has been promoted to PirateDeerSlayer has been promoted to Pirate
Looking at Ford F-250...anyone had any issues with the 6.4 or 6.7L Diesel

I had a 2003 Ford F-250 that had the 6.0L. It was a MAJOR pain in my arse!!!! It was always breaking down for one thing or another. It was a money pit and I had to sink soooooo much money into fixing that thing.

Well now Im looking for a new truck I kind of thought about the Chevrolet 2500HD...but I still REALLY like the Ford F-250. It just catches my eye! Well, my son and I were talking about the Ford F-250's diesel engines and he said he heard some bad things about the 6.4L and that I should probably think about going with the 6.7L.

Just wanted to see if any of you 6.4L and 6.7L Ford guys had any issues with any of these engines.

Thanks in advance,
Joe
DeerSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2014, 07:22 AM   #2
surf_ox
Banned

surf_ox has been promoted to Piratesurf_ox has been promoted to Piratesurf_ox has been promoted to Piratesurf_ox has been promoted to Piratesurf_ox has been promoted to Piratesurf_ox has been promoted to Piratesurf_ox has been promoted to Piratesurf_ox has been promoted to Piratesurf_ox has been promoted to Piratesurf_ox has been promoted to Piratesurf_ox has been promoted to Pirate
Looking at Ford F-250...anyone had any issues with the 6.4 or 6.7L Diesel

Google

6.4 radiator hose leak

Also had egr valve stick.
Alternator died recently.

Other than that solid engine.

I have experience with 6.3, 7.0, 6.4.

I've heard if you chip and delete its a whole different engine.
surf_ox is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2014, 07:23 AM   #3
Fordzilla06
From the Crown to the Ground

Fordzilla06 has been promoted to PirateFordzilla06 has been promoted to PirateFordzilla06 has been promoted to PirateFordzilla06 has been promoted to PirateFordzilla06 has been promoted to PirateFordzilla06 has been promoted to PirateFordzilla06 has been promoted to PirateFordzilla06 has been promoted to PirateFordzilla06 has been promoted to PirateFordzilla06 has been promoted to PirateFordzilla06 has been promoted to Pirate
6.7's are beasts. You won't be disappointed.
Fordzilla06 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2014, 07:23 AM   #4
StinkBait
Registered Users-pm+

StinkBait has been promoted to PirateStinkBait has been promoted to PirateStinkBait has been promoted to PirateStinkBait has been promoted to PirateStinkBait has been promoted to PirateStinkBait has been promoted to PirateStinkBait has been promoted to PirateStinkBait has been promoted to PirateStinkBait has been promoted to PirateStinkBait has been promoted to PirateStinkBait has been promoted to Pirate
6.7 over 6.4 no question. If for only fuel mileage alone

I have 50k on my 6.7 and so far so good, knock on wood
StinkBait is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2014, 07:24 AM   #5
Chiquapin13
Registered Users-pm+

Chiquapin13 has been promoted to PirateChiquapin13 has been promoted to PirateChiquapin13 has been promoted to PirateChiquapin13 has been promoted to PirateChiquapin13 has been promoted to PirateChiquapin13 has been promoted to PirateChiquapin13 has been promoted to PirateChiquapin13 has been promoted to PirateChiquapin13 has been promoted to PirateChiquapin13 has been promoted to PirateChiquapin13 has been promoted to Pirate
The 6.4 has terrible fuel milege, from what I've been told. They also only kept the engine for 2 years, I would think that is do to problems. I drive a 6.7 and so far so good, haven't heard any negative things, and tons of power.
Chiquapin13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2014, 07:25 AM   #6
DSL_PWR
OVERWATCH

DSL_PWR has disabled reputation
6.7 hands down.
DSL_PWR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2014, 07:51 AM   #7
SaltyTX
Registered Users-pm+

SaltyTX has been promoted to PirateSaltyTX has been promoted to PirateSaltyTX has been promoted to PirateSaltyTX has been promoted to PirateSaltyTX has been promoted to PirateSaltyTX has been promoted to PirateSaltyTX has been promoted to PirateSaltyTX has been promoted to PirateSaltyTX has been promoted to PirateSaltyTX has been promoted to PirateSaltyTX has been promoted to Pirate
I'm getting rid of my 03 as well...going for the 6.7 lots of $, but if it is half as awesome as people say, I will own it for a long time..
SaltyTX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2014, 07:57 AM   #8
Big Guns 1971
Registered Users-pm+

Big Guns 1971 has been promoted to PirateBig Guns 1971 has been promoted to PirateBig Guns 1971 has been promoted to PirateBig Guns 1971 has been promoted to PirateBig Guns 1971 has been promoted to PirateBig Guns 1971 has been promoted to PirateBig Guns 1971 has been promoted to PirateBig Guns 1971 has been promoted to PirateBig Guns 1971 has been promoted to PirateBig Guns 1971 has been promoted to PirateBig Guns 1971 has been promoted to Pirate
I also had the 6.0 and it was nothing but trouble from the first week on. My dad and brother both got the Duramax about the same time. Well I got rid of the 6.0 five years ago and had it for 5 years ten years total. My dad and brother still have theirs and are driving their trucks today with NO problems at all. I would go with the Chevy If it was me. Call independent diesel repair shops and ask them which has the least repairs. When I had the 6.0 after many repairs from the dealer and still having problems I took it to an Independent repair shop the owner asked me to look at the vehicles there so I did. The place was filled up with Ford and Dodge Trucks. The only chevy there was his. I'm not saying the Duramax is trouble free but it is a good engine and great transmission to.
Big Guns 1971 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2014, 08:03 AM   #9
gunsmoke11
A committee man's worst nightmare.

gunsmoke11 has been promoted to Pirategunsmoke11 has been promoted to Pirategunsmoke11 has been promoted to Pirategunsmoke11 has been promoted to Pirategunsmoke11 has been promoted to Pirategunsmoke11 has been promoted to Pirategunsmoke11 has been promoted to Pirategunsmoke11 has been promoted to Pirategunsmoke11 has been promoted to Pirategunsmoke11 has been promoted to Pirategunsmoke11 has been promoted to Pirate
Do not get the 6.4
gunsmoke11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2014, 08:13 AM   #10
Southern Solutions
Registered Users-pm+

Location: Servicing Houston, League City, Clear Lake, Pearland, Manvel, Alvin, Galveston
Southern Solutions has been promoted to PirateSouthern Solutions has been promoted to PirateSouthern Solutions has been promoted to PirateSouthern Solutions has been promoted to PirateSouthern Solutions has been promoted to PirateSouthern Solutions has been promoted to PirateSouthern Solutions has been promoted to PirateSouthern Solutions has been promoted to PirateSouthern Solutions has been promoted to PirateSouthern Solutions has been promoted to PirateSouthern Solutions has been promoted to Pirate
I have the 6.4 and it gets 12 miles to the gallon in the city and 14 on the hwy. Every time it says cleaning exhaust filter on my dash it blows white smoke for miles of not going hwy speed

I am sure this is not good and will be upgrading to the 6.7 as soon as I can.
Southern Solutions is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message