TV Sound System - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > TTMB > TTMB
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-06-2019, 08:02 AM   #1
banpouchi
Registered Users-pm+

banpouchi has been promoted to Piratebanpouchi has been promoted to Piratebanpouchi has been promoted to Piratebanpouchi has been promoted to Piratebanpouchi has been promoted to Piratebanpouchi has been promoted to Piratebanpouchi has been promoted to Piratebanpouchi has been promoted to Piratebanpouchi has been promoted to Piratebanpouchi has been promoted to Piratebanpouchi has been promoted to Pirate
TV Sound System

Didn't want to hijack the other topics but am looking for advice.

I have a Hisense Roku TV and would like to hook up a sound system. I have read the threads here and researched and am most likely more confused now. I have several requirements. The TV I have does not have Bluetooth.

1. I want a wireless system
2. Do not want two remotes. Want to use one only
3. Do not want sound lag.

I know I can put in a Bluetooth Dongle and don't mind that.

From my research, I have not found any way to meet all three requirements.

Looking for advice in plain English as an old guy here.

Thanks in advance, an I appreciate the help.
banpouchi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2019, 08:05 AM   #2
hurricane matt
Registered Users-pm+

hurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Pirate
I have a Klipsch soundbar and remote speaker system. Check crutchfield!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
hurricane matt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2019, 10:47 AM   #3
That Robbie Guy
Registered Users-pm+

That Robbie Guy has disabled reputation
Crutchfield has now been mentioned in both threads.

... I guess it's time for me to do some research.
That Robbie Guy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2019, 12:39 PM   #4
ReedA1691
Registered Users-pm+

ReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by That Robbie Guy View Post

Yeah, and I appreciated the suggestion when it was made in response to my post. I went to their site and looked it over, just not really what I was looking for.
ReedA1691 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2019, 12:49 PM   #5
wuptmor
Registered Users-pm+

wuptmor has been promoted to Piratewuptmor has been promoted to Piratewuptmor has been promoted to Piratewuptmor has been promoted to Piratewuptmor has been promoted to Piratewuptmor has been promoted to Piratewuptmor has been promoted to Piratewuptmor has been promoted to Piratewuptmor has been promoted to Piratewuptmor has been promoted to Piratewuptmor has been promoted to Pirate
I have a Sonos PlayBase. It is connected to the TV via optical. All of the other speakers can connect wirelessly and in fact you can connect speakers throughout the house. Very pleased with the sound. They aren't inexpensive though.
wuptmor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2019, 01:33 PM   #6
banpouchi
Registered Users-pm+

banpouchi has been promoted to Piratebanpouchi has been promoted to Piratebanpouchi has been promoted to Piratebanpouchi has been promoted to Piratebanpouchi has been promoted to Piratebanpouchi has been promoted to Piratebanpouchi has been promoted to Piratebanpouchi has been promoted to Piratebanpouchi has been promoted to Piratebanpouchi has been promoted to Piratebanpouchi has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by That Robbie Guy View Post

I have contacted Crutchfield and they do not have what I am looking for with my requirements. Maybe I won't find it but am just looking and trying.
Old 12-06-2019, 02:21 PM   #7
fISHBUD
Don't call it a dream, call it a plan...

fISHBUD has been promoted to PiratefISHBUD has been promoted to PiratefISHBUD has been promoted to PiratefISHBUD has been promoted to PiratefISHBUD has been promoted to PiratefISHBUD has been promoted to PiratefISHBUD has been promoted to PiratefISHBUD has been promoted to PiratefISHBUD has been promoted to PiratefISHBUD has been promoted to PiratefISHBUD has been promoted to Pirate
We have a ZVOX. Easy to set up with your remote and works great.
fISHBUD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2019, 02:38 AM   #8
hurricane matt
Registered Users-pm+

hurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by banpouchi View Post
I have contacted Crutchfield and they do not have what I am looking for with my requirements. Maybe I won't find it but am just looking and trying.
Well if crutchfield doesn't have it I don't know what to tell you. You could call a high-end place and have them design what you need but you are going to pay the price for a honda accord for not having a wire run behind the couch.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
hurricane matt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2019, 07:46 AM   #9
banpouchi
Registered Users-pm+

After calling Crutchfields 3 times (the third time is the charm), I got someone who helped me figure this out. You are right that to just run a wire, the other can be too expensive for me. I also contacted Monoprice, Costco and a couple others, with Crutchfields, finally giving the best advice. You always get someone new on each try with different knowledge and advice.

I have a vaulted ceiling, and the TV is mounted at the top. I like to sit in my recliner and look straight and not down, that is the reason for the high mount. I also have a 10x10 beam running beside the TV from floor to ceiling for an archway. The lady at Crutchfields suggested an HDMI (ARC) hook up with a Vertical soundbar. By installing it vertically by the beam, no wires will be shown.. They did not have one to match what I needed but I have located one which meets what I needs and it is a Yamaha. I hope to obtain this today.