Last time I use the boat ramps under Egret Bay Blvd - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > TTMB > TTMB
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-01-2008, 11:02 AM   #1
HSP506
Registered Users-pm+

HSP506 has been promoted to PirateHSP506 has been promoted to PirateHSP506 has been promoted to PirateHSP506 has been promoted to PirateHSP506 has been promoted to PirateHSP506 has been promoted to PirateHSP506 has been promoted to PirateHSP506 has been promoted to PirateHSP506 has been promoted to PirateHSP506 has been promoted to PirateHSP506 has been promoted to Pirate
Angry Last time I use the boat ramps under Egret Bay Blvd

Yesterday we decided to try out the boat ramps that are under Egret Bay Blvd bridge since we wanted to go float around in Nassua Bay cove. Normally we always launch from the ramps under the Kemah bridge.

Launching wasn't a problem at all and we met up in the cove with BlueWaveCapt with his new Scarab. Enjoyed a day of floating around and good conversation.

We arrived back at the ramps around 6pm to find BlueWaveCapt waiting by the bridge pilings. He had been waiting for around 10 minutes he said for a ramp to clear. He offers to let me go ahead of him and so I position myself at the side dock. I go get my truck and proceed to wait about 15 to 20 minutes.

During the wait I watch as the first ramp is being occupied by some guy who has his vehicle in the water with a jet ski trailer. He is parked at the dock by my boat not wanting to say goodbye to his girlfriend. Ramp 2 is open but another jet skier decided to park his truck about 150 feet out of the ramp so he can tied down both his jet skis. After he finishes he lights a cig and walks over to ramp 3 where a bunch of other young kids (20 somethings) are trying to load their boat. I reckon they were all together. Finally after ramp 3 is free I back in a load up my boat.

This was the first time (and last time) I've ever used this ramp and although it saved me some time from not having to drive all the way to the Kemah bridge there is no way I'm going to put up with the idiots that have no concern for others who are also wanting to use the ramp.

Sadly I don't think it ever entered their mind that these were public boat ramps not private ones. And other people might also want to use the ramps to get out of the water.

Sorry for the rant & rave but this was too much!

JR
HSP506 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-01-2008, 11:16 AM   #2
bwguardian
archTech

bwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Pirate
Yeah, there are alot of young snot nosed kids with chip on their shoulders that use those ramps...last I remember there was only two though. By law they have 15 minutes to clear the ramp...I brought this to ones attention some time back after trying to load my 25' boat and you guessed it, just a lot of hot air. I did contact the TPW who sent a couple guys to start checking safety equipment.

The irritating thing to me is them running down the channel at top speed pulling a skier with the stereo blasting not paying attention what is around the corner. I was almost involved in an accident with one of these guys a while back.

I have used the ramps under the Kemah bridge from time to time but quit after hearing about the break ins. Now the best solution for me is to use the ramp on FM 270 during the week.
bwguardian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-01-2008, 11:24 AM   #3
Snap Draggin
SIT DOWN CLOWN

Snap Draggin has been promoted to PirateSnap Draggin has been promoted to PirateSnap Draggin has been promoted to PirateSnap Draggin has been promoted to PirateSnap Draggin has been promoted to PirateSnap Draggin has been promoted to PirateSnap Draggin has been promoted to PirateSnap Draggin has been promoted to PirateSnap Draggin has been promoted to PirateSnap Draggin has been promoted to PirateSnap Draggin has been promoted to Pirate
I saw that yesterday at the County Ramp in Sabine Pass. I cannot remember what kind of boat it was, but it was a big offshore boat. It had team something on it and holder of the Texas state redfish record. Anyhow he got in the water and stayed in the stall like there was nobody else left to launch, or like he owned the ramp. He sat there and waited for the guy to park the truck and walk to him before leaving. I just don't understand people like that. They act like they are the only ones there, or that they are more important than everyone else.
Snap Draggin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-01-2008, 05:36 PM   #4
Hooked
Registered Users-pm+

Hooked has been promoted to PirateHooked has been promoted to PirateHooked has been promoted to PirateHooked has been promoted to PirateHooked has been promoted to PirateHooked has been promoted to PirateHooked has been promoted to PirateHooked has been promoted to PirateHooked has been promoted to PirateHooked has been promoted to PirateHooked has been promoted to Pirate
That's why we don't come home until 9-10 in the evening.

With school out it'll be a madhouse there on weekends. You definitely need to have a lot of patience there.

We've been using those ramps for many years now and have seen about every type discouteous thing you can think of. But the convenience to our house makes it worth the occassional wait when we come back before dark-thirty. Since we almost always launch well before daylight there's no problem then.
Hooked is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-01-2008, 05:40 PM   #5
BlueWaveCapt
aka: KSims1868

BlueWaveCapt has been promoted to PirateBlueWaveCapt has been promoted to PirateBlueWaveCapt has been promoted to PirateBlueWaveCapt has been promoted to PirateBlueWaveCapt has been promoted to PirateBlueWaveCapt has been promoted to PirateBlueWaveCapt has been promoted to PirateBlueWaveCapt has been promoted to PirateBlueWaveCapt has been promoted to PirateBlueWaveCapt has been promoted to PirateBlueWaveCapt has been promoted to Pirate
Yes - I was saying the same thing when we (finally) got out of the water...NEVER again!!

Has anyone used the boat ramps inside Walter Hall park? Are they any better?
BlueWaveCapt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-01-2008, 05:42 PM   #6
bwguardian
archTech

bwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Pirate
Has anyone used the boat ramps inside Walter Hall park? Are they any better?

I have not...and quite frankly did not remember them until you mentioned it...but have heard they are descent.
bwguardian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-01-2008, 05:55 PM   #7
SEAHUNT186
Not on call Steve!!

SEAHUNT186 has been promoted to PirateSEAHUNT186 has been promoted to PirateSEAHUNT186 has been promoted to PirateSEAHUNT186 has been promoted to PirateSEAHUNT186 has been promoted to PirateSEAHUNT186 has been promoted to PirateSEAHUNT186 has been promoted to PirateSEAHUNT186 has been promoted to PirateSEAHUNT186 has been promoted to PirateSEAHUNT186 has been promoted to PirateSEAHUNT186 has been promoted to Pirate
I went there yesterday but didn't launch till about 6 pm. I guess I got lucky at that time cause I just went straight into a open ramp and got out no problem. But, that place is hectic on the weekends with jetskiers and wakeboarders. Alot of teenagers and people in their twenties there and the one on Nasa Rd. One. I normally don't go there, but we were doing a 60th B-day party cruise over to a restuarant in Seabrook. As far as quality of ramp it's not bad at all.
Steve
SEAHUNT186 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message