Louisiana Limits vs Texas Limits - Page 4 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > Guide fishing and hunting reports
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2019, 10:51 AM   #31
Totally Tuna
Registered Users-pm+

Totally Tuna has been promoted to PirateTotally Tuna has been promoted to PirateTotally Tuna has been promoted to PirateTotally Tuna has been promoted to PirateTotally Tuna has been promoted to PirateTotally Tuna has been promoted to PirateTotally Tuna has been promoted to PirateTotally Tuna has been promoted to PirateTotally Tuna has been promoted to PirateTotally Tuna has been promoted to PirateTotally Tuna has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by c hook View Post
my biggest problem all comes down to croaker ...
I don't disagree, but I have a question. Do you ban the use of just croaker, or all finfish for bait? If so you will **** off a lot of surf fishermen who use mullet for bait. Cast net companies will also not be in favor of this type of rule.

To ban just croaker leaves a lot of fish that catch trout just about as good as croaker. Can't count the number of times I was in Baffin and the only bait we could get were pinfish. Slayed them just the same. I've seen finger mullet work in much the same way in E. Matty several times.
Totally Tuna is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2019, 12:12 PM   #32
c hook
Registered Users-pm+

c hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Pirate
tarpon croaker only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Tuna View Post
I don't disagree, but I have a question. Do you ban the use of just croaker, or all finfish for bait? If so you will **** off a lot of surf fishermen who use mullet for bait. Cast net companies will also not be in favor of this type of rule.

To ban just croaker leaves a lot of fish that catch trout just about as good as croaker. Can't count the number of times I was in Baffin and the only bait we could get were pinfish. Slayed them just the same. I've seen finger mullet work in much the same way in E. Matty several times.
don't have a problem with mullet or pins. at this point they haven't put a dent in the trout population like barking monkeys. now if i see stringer after stringer, day in day out, for years, of trout mutilation on mullet or pins, i might change my opinion. at this point there is not a demand for mullet and pins, for reason.
c hook is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2019, 12:14 PM   #33
GSMAN
Registered Users-pm+

GSMAN has been promoted to PirateGSMAN has been promoted to PirateGSMAN has been promoted to PirateGSMAN has been promoted to PirateGSMAN has been promoted to PirateGSMAN has been promoted to PirateGSMAN has been promoted to PirateGSMAN has been promoted to PirateGSMAN has been promoted to PirateGSMAN has been promoted to PirateGSMAN has been promoted to Pirate
Agree!

Continuing on with the Trump references, I think people are experiencing Croaker Deranged Syndrome or better known as CDS! Most able fisherman, can catch trout on shrimp, mullet, pinfish just as good as with croakers. Trout are pretty aggresive feeders and are not that hard to catch. It's the FINDING THEM that separates the men from boys! lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Tuna View Post

GSMAN is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2019, 12:26 PM   #34
c hook
Registered Users-pm+

c hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Pirate
tarpon ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMAN View Post
Continuing on with the Trump references, I think people are experiencing Croaker Deranged Syndrome or better known as CDS! Most able fisherman, can catch trout on shrimp, mullet, pinfish just as good as with croakers. Trout are pretty aggresive feeders and are not that hard to catch. It's the FINDING THEM that separates the men from boys! lol!
a few barking monkeys on a reef will call them in, the others i do not believe do so?? put a few barkers on a reef, and the whole reef starts vibrating, it's a calling card unlike any other fin fish. so respectfully i disagree with you.
c hook is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2019, 07:30 PM   #35
Its Catchy
Registered Users-pm+

Its Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to Pirate
With the most conservative regs on the gulf and a limit of five trout who really cares if you use croaker, pinfish or jelly beans.

The limit was cut in half and I think 5 trout is more than a sustainable catch no matter how you catch them.
Its Catchy is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2019, 09:37 PM   #36
Totally Tuna
Registered Users-pm+

Totally Tuna has been promoted to PirateTotally Tuna has been promoted to PirateTotally Tuna has been promoted to PirateTotally Tuna has been promoted to PirateTotally Tuna has been promoted to PirateTotally Tuna has been promoted to PirateTotally Tuna has been promoted to PirateTotally Tuna has been promoted to PirateTotally Tuna has been promoted to PirateTotally Tuna has been promoted to PirateTotally Tuna has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Its Catchy View Post
With the most conservative regs on the gulf and a limit of five trout who really cares if you use croaker, pinfish or jelly beans.

The limit was cut in half and I think 5 trout is more than a sustainable catch no matter how you catch them.
I wish they would add a "Like" button. This sums it all up. I've fished since the late 70's, and other than the couple of nasty freezes we've had the fishing has remained pretty awesome in the waters I fish.
Totally Tuna is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 09-12-2019, 01:53 PM   #37
1born2fish
Registered Users-pm+

1born2fish has been promoted to the rank of Privateer1born2fish has been promoted to the rank of Privateer1born2fish has been promoted to the rank of Privateer1born2fish has been promoted to the rank of Privateer1born2fish has been promoted to the rank of Privateer1born2fish has been promoted to the rank of Privateer1born2fish has been promoted to the rank of Privateer1born2fish has been promoted to the rank of Privateer1born2fish has been promoted to the rank of Privateer1born2fish has been promoted to the rank of Privateer1born2fish has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
I miss the big croaker run we had back then. I would rather eat a nice fat croaker than a skinny trout.
1born2fish is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 09-12-2019, 02:34 PM   #38
Stevie_A
Registered Users-pm+

Stevie_A has been promoted to PirateStevie_A has been promoted to PirateStevie_A has been promoted to PirateStevie_A has been promoted to PirateStevie_A has been promoted to PirateStevie_A has been promoted to PirateStevie_A has been promoted to PirateStevie_A has been promoted to PirateStevie_A has been promoted to PirateStevie_A has been promoted to PirateStevie_A has been promoted to Pirate
I agree with 1born2fish. They are great to eat and will take a lure and fight pound for pound as well or better than most other fish. Why not regulate croakers? They have regulations on gafftop, sheephead, drum, and even mullet. I have no problem with fisherman using finfish or croaker, but why use one of best tasting fish of the bays?
Stevie_A is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 09-12-2019, 05:09 PM   #39
RedXCross
Thank You! Next

RedXCross has been promoted to PirateRedXCross has been promoted to PirateRedXCross has been promoted to PirateRedXCross has been promoted to PirateRedXCross has been promoted to PirateRedXCross has been promoted to PirateRedXCross has been promoted to PirateRedXCross has been promoted to PirateRedXCross has been promoted to PirateRedXCross has been promoted to PirateRedXCross has been promoted to Pirate
Go catch you some Sheepheads(bay snapper) and you'll be fine. Nice post, now a beer to settle the nerves!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1born2fish View Post
I miss the big croaker run we had back then. I would rather eat a nice fat croaker than a skinny trout.
RedXCross is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 09-12-2019, 05:20 PM   #40
older 37
Registered Users-pm+

older 37 has been promoted to Pirateolder 37 has been promoted to Pirateolder 37 has been promoted to Pirateolder 37 has been promoted to Pirateolder 37 has been promoted to Pirateolder 37 has been promoted to Pirateolder 37 has been promoted to Pirateolder 37 has been promoted to Pirateolder 37 has been promoted to Pirateolder 37 has been promoted to Pirateolder 37 has been promoted to Pirate
When I was a kid , we looked forward to the "Golden Croaker" runs. They were lb for lb just a little red as they fought like hell.
older 37 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Closed Thread