2007 silverado diesel AC question - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Trucks/Towing/Trailering Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-17-2019, 08:39 AM   #1
redduck
Registered Users-pm+

redduck has been promoted to Pirateredduck has been promoted to Pirateredduck has been promoted to Pirateredduck has been promoted to Pirateredduck has been promoted to Pirateredduck has been promoted to Pirateredduck has been promoted to Pirateredduck has been promoted to Pirateredduck has been promoted to Pirateredduck has been promoted to Pirateredduck has been promoted to Pirate
2007 silverado diesel AC question

For the last couple of weeks my AC will be blowing ice cold then for a few seconds or couple minutes it stops cooling then starts blowing cold air again. What are possible problems.
redduck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2019, 01:23 PM   #2
hurricane matt
Registered Users-pm+

hurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by redduck View Post
For the last couple of weeks my AC will be blowing ice cold then for a few seconds or couple minutes it stops cooling then starts blowing cold air again. What are possible problems.
Mine does same thing. Control module, there is a reset procedure.

Sent from my FRD-L14 using Tapatalk
hurricane matt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2019, 03:05 PM   #3
snapperlicious
Registered Users-pm+

snapperlicious has been promoted to Piratesnapperlicious has been promoted to Piratesnapperlicious has been promoted to Piratesnapperlicious has been promoted to Piratesnapperlicious has been promoted to Piratesnapperlicious has been promoted to Piratesnapperlicious has been promoted to Piratesnapperlicious has been promoted to Piratesnapperlicious has been promoted to Piratesnapperlicious has been promoted to Piratesnapperlicious has been promoted to Pirate
Is it on one side or both sides when it does it?
snapperlicious is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2019, 07:59 AM   #4
ibtbone
John 3:16

ibtbone has been promoted to Pirateibtbone has been promoted to Pirateibtbone has been promoted to Pirateibtbone has been promoted to Pirateibtbone has been promoted to Pirateibtbone has been promoted to Pirateibtbone has been promoted to Pirateibtbone has been promoted to Pirateibtbone has been promoted to Pirateibtbone has been promoted to Pirateibtbone has been promoted to Pirate
Low refrigerant charge is one possibility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ibtbone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2019, 09:08 AM   #5
On The Hook
Maker of custom TX numbers & wraps

On The Hook has been promoted to PirateOn The Hook has been promoted to PirateOn The Hook has been promoted to PirateOn The Hook has been promoted to PirateOn The Hook has been promoted to PirateOn The Hook has been promoted to PirateOn The Hook has been promoted to PirateOn The Hook has been promoted to PirateOn The Hook has been promoted to PirateOn The Hook has been promoted to PirateOn The Hook has been promoted to Pirate
Does the fan still blow air when the a/c stops being cold? When the cold stops, is the compressor clutch still engaged and turning? These details will help narrow down the possible list of problems.
On The Hook is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2019, 01:39 PM   #6
dk2429
Jeremiah 29:11

dk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Pirate
Most likely low on refrigerant. Just go to a parts store and get some R134A refrigerant and add some if the gauge shows low.

If not, the compressor clutch could start to be on its way out, or your relay under the hood is acting wonky.
dk2429 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2019, 03:27 PM   #7
redduck
Registered Users-pm+

redduck has been promoted to Pirateredduck has been promoted to Pirateredduck has been promoted to Pirateredduck has been promoted to Pirateredduck has been promoted to Pirateredduck has been promoted to Pirateredduck has been promoted to Pirateredduck has been promoted to Pirateredduck has been promoted to Pirateredduck has been promoted to Pirateredduck has been promoted to Pirate
It stops cooling on both sides and air blower is still full force. Only lasts a minute or two. Since it does not last long I have been unable to see if clutch is working. It is super cold when working. I just wanted to get some idea of how to fix If it is a do it yourself project. Thanks for the comments.
Old 08-29-2019, 05:36 PM   #8
redduck
Registered Users-pm+

The AC finally stopped cooling long enough for me to pull over and look under hood. The AC clutch was not turning. I took out my universal master tool (hammer) and tapped the clutch assembly. It immediately started turning and cold air began blowing. I recon that is the problem. Anyone know if this requires special tools like hub puller.
Old 09-11-2019, 09:09 AM   #9
redduck
Registered Users-pm+

Bought a clutch assembly online and installed. Works fine. Thanks for the help folks.
Old 09-14-2019, 04:41 PM   #10
hurricane matt
Registered Users-pm+

hurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricane matt View Post
Mine does same thing. Control module, there is a reset procedure.

Sent from my FRD-L14 using Tapatalk
Actually blender actuator was the culprit. 30 dollar fix. Driver side would.get stupid and blow hot.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
hurricane matt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message