pipe lights - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-02-2019, 03:28 PM   #1
c hook
Registered Users-pm+

c hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Pirate
tarpon pipe lights

is there a local place that carries trailer pipe lights, and a 7-way junction box? rewiring my boat trailer. maybe Pasadena Trailer or any other recommendations?? really dont need the wires etc., planning on using extension cord. but looks like it's an inclusive kit.

been looking online.

https://www.sturdybuiltonline.com/Pi...hts_c_205.html
c hook is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2019, 04:10 PM   #2
cruss
Registered Users-pm+

cruss has been promoted to Piratecruss has been promoted to Piratecruss has been promoted to Piratecruss has been promoted to Piratecruss has been promoted to Piratecruss has been promoted to Piratecruss has been promoted to Piratecruss has been promoted to Piratecruss has been promoted to Piratecruss has been promoted to Piratecruss has been promoted to Pirate
lights

bought mine at master hitch on gulfton in bellaire.
cruss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2019, 06:01 PM   #3
c hook
Registered Users-pm+

c hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Pirate
tarpon thk u sir

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruss View Post
bought mine at master hitch on gulfton in bellaire.

I'm in Friendswood, just off Bay Area Blvd between 528/Nasa 1 and 518, close to I-45. If possible I'd like to find something a little closer. I wonder if some of the local boat places may have them?? everything is closed today, but hoping to get lucky with info from 2cool brain trust.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2019, 09:24 PM   #4
sgrem
Registered Users-pm+

sgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Pirate
Mcclain trailer has the pipe lights they may have the junction box too.
Nationwide Trailers in Padadena had the 7 way j box.
sgrem is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2019, 07:54 AM   #5
dk2429
Jeremiah 29:11

dk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Pirate
I got my box and pigtail at Pasadena Truck and Trailer. Extension cord at Home Depot. This set up has yet to give any issues. Sgrem da man!
dk2429 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2019, 08:36 AM   #6
bwguardian
archTech

bwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Pirate
Call American Fence and Supply in League City right off I-45 as they carry some trailer parts.
bwguardian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2019, 11:20 AM   #7
Chase4556
US Army Aviation NSDQ!

Chase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by dk2429 View Post
I got my box and pigtail at Pasadena Truck and Trailer. Extension cord at Home Depot. This set up has yet to give any issues. Sgrem da man!

I did mine the Sgrem extension cord and junction box way as well. No issues and that 7 way gives a super secure connection compared to the flat 5.

Little something I didn’t pay attention to though, make sure you mount that junction box plenty far forward. Maybe even mark where the water comes up to on your trailer when launching/recovering. I’m about 6 inches from getting water in the box when I launch at a specific ramp. Most others I’m fine. Had I mounted the box further forward, which I have the room to do, I would have no issues.
Chase4556 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2019, 12:37 PM   #8
c hook
Registered Users-pm+

tarpon thks

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwguardian View Post
Call American Fence and Supply in League City right off I-45 as they carry some trailer parts.
they do not carry them, but thks. actually went by there yesterday on my way to Mass nursery for a few palms, they were closed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase4556 View Post
I did mine the Sgrem extension cord and junction box way as well. No issues and that 7 way gives a super secure connection compared to the flat 5.

Little something I didn’t pay attention to though, make sure you mount that junction box plenty far forward. Maybe even mark where the water comes up to on your trailer when launching/recovering. I’m about 6 inches from getting water in the box when I launch at a specific ramp. Most others I’m fine. Had I mounted the box further forward, which I have the room to do, I would have no issues.
will mount it forward and high, thks.
Old 09-03-2019, 01:12 PM   #9
1tymelimit
Registered Users-pm+

1tymelimit is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
anyone help with Sgrem's trailer rewire post?
1tymelimit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2019, 02:16 PM   #10
sgrem
Registered Users-pm+

sgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Pirate
Get the pipe lights up high on the guide ons....this keeps your connections out of the water.
I use plain ole orange extension cord from hardware store. 100ft cord is about $18. Now your wire has extra protection and is heavier gauge than old trailer wire.
Run a dedicated run for each light connection. The extension cord has three wires in it. Use one for power and one for ground run to the junction box all the way near front of trailer where it doesnt get dunked. Ignore the third wire in there....
Get junction box and 7 way pigtail from etrailer.
http://www.etrailer.com/Wiring/Epicord/277-000141.html

Do you need 7way? No....but the 4way always sucks and will always fail. Every truck and suv made has a 7 way plug on the bumper so why wire it with a 4 way and make yourself have to have a crossover?? Just go straight to a 7 way.
I change out the light that comes with the pipelight to one with a reverse light in it. Makes it nice to launch on those early mornings. And now its nice to use that 7way plug!!!
http://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Ligh...STL211RCB.html

Your side marker lights still get dunked but now with a dedicated run it is easy to service just the one component.

Let me know if you need help. Hope this helps someone.
Attached Images

sgrem is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message