Jig Heads - Page 2 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-2019, 03:18 PM   #11
Aggieangler
Fin-ish Fantasy ('93)

Aggieangler has been promoted to PirateAggieangler has been promoted to PirateAggieangler has been promoted to PirateAggieangler has been promoted to PirateAggieangler has been promoted to PirateAggieangler has been promoted to PirateAggieangler has been promoted to PirateAggieangler has been promoted to PirateAggieangler has been promoted to PirateAggieangler has been promoted to PirateAggieangler has been promoted to Pirate
Bass Assassin Short shank screwlocks in chartreuse. Trout and Reds love em!
Aggieangler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2019, 03:29 PM   #12
justletmein
Just call me JJ

justletmein has been promoted to Piratejustletmein has been promoted to Piratejustletmein has been promoted to Piratejustletmein has been promoted to Piratejustletmein has been promoted to Piratejustletmein has been promoted to Piratejustletmein has been promoted to Piratejustletmein has been promoted to Piratejustletmein has been promoted to Piratejustletmein has been promoted to Piratejustletmein has been promoted to Pirate
Bass Assassin wide gap long shank screw lock 1/8oz usually, and 1/16oz sometimes.
justletmein is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2019, 05:13 PM   #13
StangGang
"Never get out of the boat"

StangGang has been promoted to PirateStangGang has been promoted to PirateStangGang has been promoted to PirateStangGang has been promoted to PirateStangGang has been promoted to PirateStangGang has been promoted to PirateStangGang has been promoted to PirateStangGang has been promoted to PirateStangGang has been promoted to PirateStangGang has been promoted to PirateStangGang has been promoted to Pirate
I also use the Knotty Hooker from Baad Marine. It's nice to get different hook sizes for a given weight jighead. Made with sharp, sturdy hooks. Also the hook eye is perpendicular to the point of the hook. I think it helps the bait run straighter and helps keeps the jig from hanging up as much.
StangGang is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2019, 05:37 PM   #14
Black Dog
Registered Users-pm+

Black Dog has been promoted to PirateBlack Dog has been promoted to PirateBlack Dog has been promoted to PirateBlack Dog has been promoted to PirateBlack Dog has been promoted to PirateBlack Dog has been promoted to PirateBlack Dog has been promoted to PirateBlack Dog has been promoted to PirateBlack Dog has been promoted to PirateBlack Dog has been promoted to PirateBlack Dog has been promoted to Pirate
These are my favorite:
https://slayerinc.com/products/#!/Ji...=0&sort=normal

I'm fond of the weedless ones. They don't pick up as much floating grass.
Black Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2019, 08:10 PM   #15
Blutarsky
Registered Users-pm+

Blutarsky has been promoted to the rank of BosunBlutarsky has been promoted to the rank of BosunBlutarsky has been promoted to the rank of BosunBlutarsky has been promoted to the rank of BosunBlutarsky has been promoted to the rank of BosunBlutarsky has been promoted to the rank of BosunBlutarsky has been promoted to the rank of BosunBlutarsky has been promoted to the rank of BosunBlutarsky has been promoted to the rank of BosunBlutarsky has been promoted to the rank of BosunBlutarsky has been promoted to the rank of Bosun
Owner Inshore Slam 1/16th or 1/8th screwlock with 3/0 hook
Blutarsky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2019, 11:08 PM   #16
TTH
Registered Users-pm+

TTH has been promoted to PirateTTH has been promoted to PirateTTH has been promoted to PirateTTH has been promoted to PirateTTH has been promoted to PirateTTH has been promoted to PirateTTH has been promoted to PirateTTH has been promoted to PirateTTH has been promoted to PirateTTH has been promoted to PirateTTH has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by c hook View Post
bass assassin 1/8 oz. long shank only. most people use a short shank, i under no circumstances will use a short shank. and if the water depth is 8 feet or less 1/8 oz head. unless heavy current. i use the lightest jig head that will get me to the bottom. i at one time used almost strictly 1/4 oz. jig heads. fished with Jimmy West years back, he explained to me a lighter head will stay in the strike zone longer on it's way down. the fish aren't always on the bottom. a heavy head will shoot straight past them. it took me about a 1/2 a second to comprehend this lesson, it's served me well over the years. I've been fortunate enough to fish with a lot of pros over the years, i listen very carefully when they talk. as i know nothing, compared.
What is your reasoning for never using a short shank?

I prefer the short shank. My reasoning is that with a short shank, the hook is closer to the head of the lure. Fish target the head. Having the hook closer make for a quicker hook-up imo?
TTH is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2019, 12:14 AM   #17
fish4food
Registered Users-pm+

fish4food has been promoted to Piratefish4food has been promoted to Piratefish4food has been promoted to Piratefish4food has been promoted to Piratefish4food has been promoted to Piratefish4food has been promoted to Piratefish4food has been promoted to Piratefish4food has been promoted to Piratefish4food has been promoted to Piratefish4food has been promoted to Piratefish4food has been promoted to Pirate
Anyone else been having bad luck with Hogies? The last 3-4 packs I’ve bought the hook points have been bending. I’m fishing in sand and grass, and in the upper water column. I don’t understand why they have been bending so easily.
fish4food is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2019, 06:25 PM   #18
Lastone1
Registered Users-pm+

Lastone1 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Thanks for input!

I almost bought some bass assassin heads the other day. Will look at them again. Thanks for the input!
Lastone1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2019, 06:39 PM   #19
tcbayman
Registered Users-pm+

tcbayman has been promoted to Piratetcbayman has been promoted to Piratetcbayman has been promoted to Piratetcbayman has been promoted to Piratetcbayman has been promoted to Piratetcbayman has been promoted to Piratetcbayman has been promoted to Piratetcbayman has been promoted to Piratetcbayman has been promoted to Piratetcbayman has been promoted to Piratetcbayman has been promoted to Pirate
I like the knotty hookers the best, but I have no problem with the h20 express from academy. Sharp hooks and priced right. Just make sure the eye isn’t clear coated over before jumping out to wade.
tcbayman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2019, 08:42 PM   #20
dk2429
Jeremiah 29:11

dk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Pirate
H20 Xpress jig heads do me fine....

I like 1/8oz. If using a softer plastic like Saltwater Assassin or Down South, I like the flats locks (the twist on ones.) For tougher baits like Tidal Surge (which is what I use 90% of the time) I just like the regular one "push on" jigheads.
dk2429 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message