Looking for a taxidermist - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > Individual Fishing & Game Reports
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-20-2019, 07:48 PM   #1
Bockfrog
Registered Users-pm+

Bockfrog is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Looking for a taxidermist

Had an awesome trip yesterday in east Matagorda caught and released a 30 and hooked a 29 deep and couldn’t save her. Now I need some advice on a taxidermist to mount the 29 and do a replica of the 30. Anyone out there have any recommendations
Attached Images

Bockfrog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2019, 08:06 PM   #2
PRIMETIME PLUGGER
Dirty 30 club

PRIMETIME PLUGGER has been promoted to PiratePRIMETIME PLUGGER has been promoted to PiratePRIMETIME PLUGGER has been promoted to PiratePRIMETIME PLUGGER has been promoted to PiratePRIMETIME PLUGGER has been promoted to PiratePRIMETIME PLUGGER has been promoted to PiratePRIMETIME PLUGGER has been promoted to PiratePRIMETIME PLUGGER has been promoted to PiratePRIMETIME PLUGGER has been promoted to PiratePRIMETIME PLUGGER has been promoted to PiratePRIMETIME PLUGGER has been promoted to Pirate
new wave taxidermy, congrats on the trophy's and the release. What did you catch them on?
PRIMETIME PLUGGER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2019, 08:58 PM   #3
Bockfrog
Registered Users-pm+

We were using croaker
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2019, 09:26 PM   #4
sharkchum
Banned

sharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Pirate
Congratulations. I would suggest New Wave Taxidermy also, they do great replicas. Personally, I would never get a skin mount on a fish. Because it is real tissue, there is always a chance of it shrinking, splitting, cracking, molding, or even rotting. Even if it's done right, it won't last forever, but a replica fiberglass will.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
sharkchum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2019, 09:40 PM   #5
4 Ever-Fish N
Registered Users-pm+

4 Ever-Fish N has been promoted to Pirate4 Ever-Fish N has been promoted to Pirate4 Ever-Fish N has been promoted to Pirate4 Ever-Fish N has been promoted to Pirate4 Ever-Fish N has been promoted to Pirate4 Ever-Fish N has been promoted to Pirate4 Ever-Fish N has been promoted to Pirate4 Ever-Fish N has been promoted to Pirate4 Ever-Fish N has been promoted to Pirate4 Ever-Fish N has been promoted to Pirate4 Ever-Fish N has been promoted to Pirate
Sharkchum, I am sure you are 100% correct in what you say about skin mounts. But, I did have a skin mount done on a redfish about 26 years ago. It is still in good condition even though it's been kept in the garage for several years. Had it done by a guy near Lafayette La. Seems like it cost me over $300 even way back then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkchum View Post
Congratulations. I would suggest New Wave Taxidermy also, they do great replicas. Personally, I would never get a skin mount on a fish. Because it is real tissue, there is always a chance of it shrinking, splitting, cracking, molding, or even rotting. Even if it's done right, it won't last forever, but a replica fiberglass will.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
4 Ever-Fish N is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2019, 10:13 PM   #6
SaltwaterSlick
Registered Users-pm+

SaltwaterSlick has been promoted to PirateSaltwaterSlick has been promoted to PirateSaltwaterSlick has been promoted to PirateSaltwaterSlick has been promoted to PirateSaltwaterSlick has been promoted to PirateSaltwaterSlick has been promoted to PirateSaltwaterSlick has been promoted to PirateSaltwaterSlick has been promoted to PirateSaltwaterSlick has been promoted to PirateSaltwaterSlick has been promoted to PirateSaltwaterSlick has been promoted to Pirate
Double Nickle Taxidermy in New Braunfels... do a search and look at their fish... Best I ever saw. They did a paint job on a 7'-7" gar for me. Good folks to work with.
SaltwaterSlick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2019, 10:17 PM   #7
Brian Castille
Texas Aggie Fisherman

Brian Castille has been promoted to PirateBrian Castille has been promoted to PirateBrian Castille has been promoted to PirateBrian Castille has been promoted to PirateBrian Castille has been promoted to PirateBrian Castille has been promoted to PirateBrian Castille has been promoted to PirateBrian Castille has been promoted to PirateBrian Castille has been promoted to PirateBrian Castille has been promoted to PirateBrian Castille has been promoted to Pirate
Check out Bobby Peterson of Alief Taxidermy. He has done two trout and two bass for me - all great mounts. What a day for you!
Brian Castille is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2019, 09:16 AM   #8
Bockfrog
Registered Users-pm+

It was an awesome day we fished with Run And Gun Outfitters and it was truly worth every penny. Caleb put us on fish all day long If you are thinking about going with a guide in Matagorda looking for trophy specs he is the man
Old 08-21-2019, 01:49 PM   #9
FishinAG22
Pluggin' Deep

FishinAG22 has been promoted to PirateFishinAG22 has been promoted to PirateFishinAG22 has been promoted to PirateFishinAG22 has been promoted to PirateFishinAG22 has been promoted to PirateFishinAG22 has been promoted to PirateFishinAG22 has been promoted to PirateFishinAG22 has been promoted to PirateFishinAG22 has been promoted to PirateFishinAG22 has been promoted to PirateFishinAG22 has been promoted to Pirate
Grays Taxidermy out of Florida did my replica of my 29". Best price I could find, looks great and shipped to your door. It was a very quick turnaround also. I am very happy and they will do my 30"+....when I catch one.
FishinAG22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2019, 02:58 PM   #10
irbjd
Registered Users-pm+

irbjd has been promoted to Pirateirbjd has been promoted to Pirateirbjd has been promoted to Pirateirbjd has been promoted to Pirateirbjd has been promoted to Pirateirbjd has been promoted to Pirateirbjd has been promoted to Pirateirbjd has been promoted to Pirateirbjd has been promoted to Pirateirbjd has been promoted to Pirateirbjd has been promoted to Pirate
New Wave for the replica. John Glenn in Corpus for the skin mount.
irbjd is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message