South Jetties this morning - Page 3 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > Individual Fishing & Game Reports
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-07-2019, 01:31 PM   #21
impulse
'81 Aggie

impulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishinguy View Post
Where are you soaking these traps to get that many?
So far, just off the back deck in Sea Isle. We have 4-6' of water, depending on the tides.
impulse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2019, 01:54 PM   #22
impulse
'81 Aggie

impulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirate
First try, after about an hour with some old dead shrimp... It's not always this good, but I'm impressed.

Name:  Piggy Trap.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  295.8 KB
impulse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-07-2019, 09:35 PM   #23
DA REEL DADDY
Registered Users-pm+

DA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to Pirate
Yes sir, let me get a three piece with red beans and rice, hush puppies, and a Dr. Pepper.

Do you have that spicy tarter sauce?
DA REEL DADDY is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-09-2019, 08:54 AM   #24
bwool
Registered Users-pm+

bwool has been promoted to the rank of Privateerbwool has been promoted to the rank of Privateerbwool has been promoted to the rank of Privateerbwool has been promoted to the rank of Privateerbwool has been promoted to the rank of Privateerbwool has been promoted to the rank of Privateerbwool has been promoted to the rank of Privateerbwool has been promoted to the rank of Privateerbwool has been promoted to the rank of Privateerbwool has been promoted to the rank of Privateerbwool has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
How good do those piggies work for bait?
bwool is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2019, 04:41 PM   #25
shadslinger

shadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirate
South Jetties this morning

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwool View Post
How good do those piggies work for bait?

My three biggest trout all came the same night using small piggy perch I caught in the cast net at the Sabine launch close to Walter Humphrey pier.
We anchored just out of the light off the end of the pier.
Nothing until a ship went out pulling a strong current.
Four of us in the boat and everyone hooked up with gator trout. None were landed in the first round. Newbies with the net lost them all. I took the net away after someone lost my monster trout boat side.
The bite came with every ship pulling through.
I eventually landed three, 31.25”, 32.25, and 32.75”.
All the trout were that size, my ex wife and friends all lost at least two of them each trying to land them.
They did fight like a frigging shark they were so strong.
This was 2000 in the summer, I didn’t weigh any of them I would guess from nine to eleven pounds for the biggest.

Heck of catch Kevin I was there with friends and fishing was tough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited by shadslinger; 08-09-2019 at 04:54 PM.
shadslinger is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message