Trout Support Video Comparison? - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-24-2019, 05:15 PM   #1
Tightlines1984
Registered Users-pm+

Tightlines1984 has been promoted to PirateTightlines1984 has been promoted to PirateTightlines1984 has been promoted to PirateTightlines1984 has been promoted to PirateTightlines1984 has been promoted to PirateTightlines1984 has been promoted to PirateTightlines1984 has been promoted to PirateTightlines1984 has been promoted to PirateTightlines1984 has been promoted to PirateTightlines1984 has been promoted to PirateTightlines1984 has been promoted to Pirate
Trout Support Video Comparison?

A couple years ago l bought the Catching Limits DVD. Honestly was a little disappointed as l probably only ended up picking up a few additional useful nuggets of new information. A lot of it was stuff l already knew....And lm by no means an expert fishermen. All that being said l personally have never broken the 5 lb mark on a trout (gotten close but nothing 5 or over). Well lm considering giving TS another try and ordering the “Catching Big Trout” video. Interested to hear from those of you that own both and if they were similar in the number of key takeaways you received to help make you a better fishermen or was one of the videos much better and ultimately a game changer for you
Tightlines1984 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2019, 07:42 PM   #2
sharkchum
Banned

sharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Pirate
I always say that the key to being a successful fisherman is knowledge. It doesn't matter how fast your boat is, how many bearings your reel has, or how much you spend on a pair of sunglasses, success comes from knowledge. If you gain a few peices of useful information from the first DVD, then I'm sure you will gain a few more from the second one. Even if it's only one new tip that you didn't know, it's still worth the $50, I spend more than that a month for ice. I've spent thousands of hours on the water and 10s of thousands of dollars to get the fishing knowledge I have, I wish there was something like the Trout Support DVDs when I was growing up. Just for the record, I have the whole set, and never regretted buying them.

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk
sharkchum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2019, 08:06 PM   #3
sgrem
Registered Users-pm+

sgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Pirate
Its worth 5x what you pay. You will never regret the investment.....especially if you plan to target bigger than 5 pounders. Should be able to top that in a few months using the techniques.
sgrem is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2019, 08:40 PM   #4
pocjetty
I hate rude behavior in a man.

pocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Pirate
Every book I pick up I hope to be able to pick up a few additional nuggets of information. The good thing about these videos is that you'll likely see things the first time that you sort of know about, but they aren't really part of your fishing routine. Watch them again later, and different things will pop out at you.

The best fishermen I know never stop learning.
pocjetty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2019, 10:34 PM   #5
Tightlines1984
Registered Users-pm+

Tightlines1984 has been promoted to PirateTightlines1984 has been promoted to PirateTightlines1984 has been promoted to PirateTightlines1984 has been promoted to PirateTightlines1984 has been promoted to PirateTightlines1984 has been promoted to PirateTightlines1984 has been promoted to PirateTightlines1984 has been promoted to PirateTightlines1984 has been promoted to PirateTightlines1984 has been promoted to PirateTightlines1984 has been promoted to Pirate
Thanks. Agree that it’s all about continuing to build off that foundational base of knowledge which is generally established through years of experience along with trial and error. I guess that with all the hype on this forum l just expected a little more. I don’t know Tobin personally but l have a lot of respect for him based on how he conducts himself on this board. He is always quick to reply with advice or well thought out opinions when others post questions. Will probably end up going ahead and getting the next one but just wanted to hear if anyone was going to say....”Oh ya the Big Trout video is so much better than catching limits” ....As that would probably seal the deal and stop me from procrastinating on this any longer
Old 06-24-2019, 11:13 PM   #6
sgrem
Registered Users-pm+

sgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Pirate
Got the talkin part done.
Order it and start that trophy trout hide and seek. You will be ready by trophy trout time.

My best day applying the info in the trophy trout video we had twelve trout over 26". Three 28"s and a 29".

It is powerful info.
Get it and report back after you watch it several times. I bet you a redfish video you sing a different tune. Deal?
sgrem is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-25-2019, 08:16 AM   #7
ReedA1691
Registered Users-pm+

ReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to Pirate
I own them all and while my experience was similar to your's (I already knew a lot of what's in some of them), I came away from viewing each with info I did not know and it's been some of the most valuable info I use.

The DVD you have is the most basic level DVD in the bunch, IMO. Shallow Water Reds and Big Trout are the most informative to me. I have had to watch each of those multiple times to soak up half the info.
ReedA1691 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-25-2019, 11:17 AM   #8
Tightlines1984
Registered Users-pm+

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgrem View Post
Got the talkin part done.
Order it and start that trophy trout hide and seek. You will be ready by trophy trout time.

My best day applying the info in the trophy trout video we had twelve trout over 26". Three 28"s and a 29".

It is powerful info.
Get it and report back after you watch it several times. I bet you a redfish video you sing a different tune. Deal?
Deal and will do. Plan on putting the order in after work. Is there still a discount for 2cool members?
Old 06-25-2019, 11:57 AM   #9
sideshow
Registered Users-pm+

sideshow has been promoted to the rank of Riggersideshow has been promoted to the rank of Riggersideshow has been promoted to the rank of Riggersideshow has been promoted to the rank of Riggersideshow has been promoted to the rank of Riggersideshow has been promoted to the rank of Riggersideshow has been promoted to the rank of Riggersideshow has been promoted to the rank of Riggersideshow has been promoted to the rank of Riggersideshow has been promoted to the rank of Riggersideshow has been promoted to the rank of Rigger
Growing up learning from my dad and figuring things out the hard way without any shortcuts was about the best way to learn in my opinion. I don't think anyone ever stops learning no matter what level your on. Fishing is a very humbling activity. I would say go fishing and put your time in and work really hard at it. When you find fish on your own you will remember that time, spot and conditions forever, may even end up having a spot to yourself. Also it will be a lot more gratifying knowing that you did not rely on someone else information. Catching quality fish consistently is not something you can learn overnight. Be willing to grind hard to catch the better fish, they are out there. Anyways good luck which ever route you take!
sideshow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2019, 02:10 PM   #10
Kewlbreeze
Kewlbreeze

Kewlbreeze is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
I was equally skeptical at first. I have fished the shallow water for a very long time and I thought I had it pretty well down. A lot of the info you know - but they explain the whys and hows better than I could piece together by myself.

Great vid - the shallow water reds.....I will get them all .

Dennis
Kewlbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message