Holden Pasture "Nunley Chittim Ranch deer lease" live deer season 2014-2015 - Page 5 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Hunting and Shooting Forums > Hunting Board
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2014, 05:45 PM   #41
broadonrod

broadonrod has been promoted to Piratebroadonrod has been promoted to Piratebroadonrod has been promoted to Piratebroadonrod has been promoted to Piratebroadonrod has been promoted to Piratebroadonrod has been promoted to Piratebroadonrod has been promoted to Piratebroadonrod has been promoted to Piratebroadonrod has been promoted to Piratebroadonrod has been promoted to Piratebroadonrod has been promoted to Pirate
Thanks for the replies and kind words! I'll get a few pics up in a little while. I have a picture of that giant bodied buck and some trail cam pics I'll post in a while.. Thanks again!

Also I made it to Los Cazadores today. That was the final contest to hit with my dads buck.
Zak got him 204 6/8s. He is as happy as he can be .. Brett
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2014, 06:06 PM   #42
C-Man87
Registered Users-pm+

C-Man87 has been promoted to PirateC-Man87 has been promoted to PirateC-Man87 has been promoted to PirateC-Man87 has been promoted to PirateC-Man87 has been promoted to PirateC-Man87 has been promoted to PirateC-Man87 has been promoted to PirateC-Man87 has been promoted to PirateC-Man87 has been promoted to PirateC-Man87 has been promoted to PirateC-Man87 has been promoted to Pirate
Congrats to you and your father Brett! I always enjoy looking at your posts. You got it goin on man!
C-Man87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2014, 12:34 AM   #43
broadonrod

broadonrod has been promoted to Piratebroadonrod has been promoted to Piratebroadonrod has been promoted to Piratebroadonrod has been promoted to Piratebroadonrod has been promoted to Piratebroadonrod has been promoted to Piratebroadonrod has been promoted to Piratebroadonrod has been promoted to Piratebroadonrod has been promoted to Piratebroadonrod has been promoted to Piratebroadonrod has been promoted to Pirate
Here are a couple of pictures. I have a ton to post. The new feed we have been working on and using seems to be the best deer feed we have ever used IMO. We have seen 3 bucks we think will crowd 300 lbs if not more on the hoof and have seen the best antler growth ever out of all ages of deer in our 13 years on the ranch. Here is are a couple of pictures of one of the FAT bucks . I never imagined free range deer could look like this. The deer love this feed. We filled a 2000 lb protein feeder and a 3000 lb protein feeder about 100 yards apart with a top name brand feed in the 2000 and the new feed blend we are trying in the 3000lb feeder. The new feed blend was gone and the other brand was still over half full when we went back to refill feeders. We have seen several bucks already this season we have estimated to jump 15-50 inches in antler growth. We were joking around the end of season while filling feeders that the new feed was either going to make all the deer 200" or 300 lbs.. It did both to some Ill post up the info on the feed company later in the thread but here are a couple of pictures.
Thanks again for the kind replies. We have set in 6 stands now for at least 1-3 hunts and have 27 stands still un-hunted. We did set out a couple of trail cams this week. I have trail cam some pics Ill post up later from 2 stands. It has really greened up over the past week and with the moon hunting really slowed down not to mention the water everywhere now after the recent rains.
I don't know how this old buck even jumped in the feed pen!
Attached Images

Advertisement

Old 10-06-2014, 12:49 AM   #44
longhorn_cop
Registered Users-pm+

longhorn_cop has been promoted to the rank of Privateerlonghorn_cop has been promoted to the rank of Privateerlonghorn_cop has been promoted to the rank of Privateerlonghorn_cop has been promoted to the rank of Privateerlonghorn_cop has been promoted to the rank of Privateerlonghorn_cop has been promoted to the rank of Privateerlonghorn_cop has been promoted to the rank of Privateerlonghorn_cop has been promoted to the rank of Privateerlonghorn_cop has been promoted to the rank of Privateerlonghorn_cop has been promoted to the rank of Privateerlonghorn_cop has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
What a huge buck.
Congrats to your dad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
longhorn_cop is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2014, 12:53 AM   #45
broadonrod

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Man87 View Post
Congrats to you and your father Brett! I always enjoy looking at your posts. You got it goin on man!
Thank you Sir... We enjoy sharing the season for sure..

Here are a few more pictures from this week Ill post up some more in the Morning..
Attached Images

Old 10-06-2014, 08:30 AM   #46
thomas78
Registered Users-pm+

thomas78 has been promoted to Piratethomas78 has been promoted to Piratethomas78 has been promoted to Piratethomas78 has been promoted to Piratethomas78 has been promoted to Piratethomas78 has been promoted to Piratethomas78 has been promoted to Piratethomas78 has been promoted to Piratethomas78 has been promoted to Piratethomas78 has been promoted to Piratethomas78 has been promoted to Pirate
What a place, thanks again Brett and company for the hospitality!
thomas78 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2014, 09:26 AM   #47
broadonrod

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas78 View Post
What a place, thanks again Brett and company for the hospitality!
Tom it was a pleasure meeting you and hope you make it down with Josh again this season.

I'll post up a few trail cam pics in a few minutes.
Old 10-06-2014, 10:08 AM   #48
Flight Cancelled
HAMMER DOWN

Flight Cancelled has been promoted to PirateFlight Cancelled has been promoted to PirateFlight Cancelled has been promoted to PirateFlight Cancelled has been promoted to PirateFlight Cancelled has been promoted to PirateFlight Cancelled has been promoted to PirateFlight Cancelled has been promoted to PirateFlight Cancelled has been promoted to PirateFlight Cancelled has been promoted to PirateFlight Cancelled has been promoted to PirateFlight Cancelled has been promoted to Pirate
Congrats don that is a monster
Flight Cancelled is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2014, 12:57 PM   #49
broadonrod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flight Cancelled View Post
Congrats don that is a monster
Thanks Jarrod..

Here are a couple of more pics from the past couple weeks.
One of our lease members has his eye on this nice trashy buck opening day of gun season. He doesn't bow hunt and we are not MLD so he has a long couple of weeks in front of him . This buck like many of the bucks on the ranch "popped" this year as well. I'm still blaming it on the new protein we changed to.. This is another buck that has a lot of trash and kinda hard to score He really added the inches this year. If anyone wants to take a shot at scoring him we are planning on having this buck on the ground opening weekend and will announce the score as soon as he gets in camp ..

Also Miles will have my dads hunt from start to finish done soon.. We had 2 Video cameras going the entire time. One from inside the stand and one from the gun stand.. The footage came out GREAT!

Thanks again everyone for the replies.. Ill get the trail cam pics up in a few.. Been tied up this morning.. Thanks Brett
Attached Images

Old 10-06-2014, 01:12 PM   #50
shaggydog
Banned

shaggydog has been promoted to Pirateshaggydog has been promoted to Pirateshaggydog has been promoted to Pirateshaggydog has been promoted to Pirateshaggydog has been promoted to Pirateshaggydog has been promoted to Pirateshaggydog has been promoted to Pirateshaggydog has been promoted to Pirateshaggydog has been promoted to Pirateshaggydog has been promoted to Pirateshaggydog has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadonrod View Post
Here is a picture of the buck my dad took with the cross bow yesterday. The buck is 21 points and has been scored 203 3/8s. The first buck of the season taken by 79 year old Don Holden here at the Nunley Chittim Deer lease. First pic is trail came pic. We were pretty excited a lot more pictures coming! Attachment 1722290Attachment 1722306Attachment 1722314Attachment 1722322Attachment 1722330
WOW!!! What a brute. Congratulations to your dad. You all have a tremendous program going on. Love to watch your threads.
shaggydog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message