Getting old sucks - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Hunting and Shooting Forums > Bow Hunting Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2019, 07:11 AM   #1
Dead Wait
Registered Users-pm+

Dead Wait has been promoted to PirateDead Wait has been promoted to PirateDead Wait has been promoted to PirateDead Wait has been promoted to PirateDead Wait has been promoted to PirateDead Wait has been promoted to PirateDead Wait has been promoted to PirateDead Wait has been promoted to PirateDead Wait has been promoted to PirateDead Wait has been promoted to PirateDead Wait has been promoted to Pirate
Getting old sucks

I have not bow hunted since 2009. I sold everything bow hunting related. It's been 10 years and now I have a new hunting buddy and a new place to hunt.
Problem is, my eyes aren't what they used to be. I see distances just fine. It's close up where I run into problems.
Everything gets blurry and becomes one. I now wear glasses for reading up close. But past 30 inches, everything gets blurry with the glasses.
So my concern is, and i'm sure i'm not the only one with this issue, if I wear my glasses to look thru the peep to see the pin but, try to adjust out to 20-30 yards after looking close up, how do others adjust quickly without making a careless or poor shot.
I hope i'm not confusing anyone.

Next question is, those of us with failing to poor eyesight, would you recommend a single pin sight. I've personally never shot one. Also, on my last bow, I used the smallest peep as possible. Would you suggest going bigger with the peep? Thanks in advance for any advice and help.
Dead Wait is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2019, 08:57 AM   #2
sgrem
Registered Users-pm+

sgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Pirate
Crossbow with optic sights of your choice
sgrem is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2019, 09:46 AM   #3
Dead Wait
Registered Users-pm+

Dead Wait has been promoted to PirateDead Wait has been promoted to PirateDead Wait has been promoted to PirateDead Wait has been promoted to PirateDead Wait has been promoted to PirateDead Wait has been promoted to PirateDead Wait has been promoted to PirateDead Wait has been promoted to PirateDead Wait has been promoted to PirateDead Wait has been promoted to PirateDead Wait has been promoted to Pirate
sgrem, kinda sums it up. I've given that some consideration. Never shot one. There's so many to choose from. There's cheap crossbows all the way up to takeing out a second mortgage type crossbows. I'm sure it's all personal preference like anything. Maybe i'll look into this. Thank's.
Dead Wait is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2019, 10:24 AM   #4
sgrem
Registered Users-pm+

sgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Pirate
Most of the top offerings within the last 3-4 years or so are very similar in performance. They differ in profile (length, width, weight) and cocking features and optics opportunities etc.
sgrem is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2019, 11:24 AM   #5
Fragger
Registered Users-pm+

Fragger is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
i am 71 and have switched to crossbow single pin
Fragger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2019, 06:57 AM   #6
CopanoCruisin
Registered Users-pm+

CopanoCruisin has been promoted to PirateCopanoCruisin has been promoted to PirateCopanoCruisin has been promoted to PirateCopanoCruisin has been promoted to PirateCopanoCruisin has been promoted to PirateCopanoCruisin has been promoted to PirateCopanoCruisin has been promoted to PirateCopanoCruisin has been promoted to PirateCopanoCruisin has been promoted to PirateCopanoCruisin has been promoted to PirateCopanoCruisin has been promoted to Pirate
Just a bit curious are you just using off the shelf reading glasses? For the last dozen years or so, I have had prescription progressive no line bifocals, for which I think would be a great help once you get used to them. Best of luck. And you are absolutely right that it sux getting old. I certainly remember back when the older guys saying that, and we just laughed a bit. .........cC
CopanoCruisin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2019, 09:39 AM   #7
Hoytbowhunter
Registered Users-pm+

Hoytbowhunter is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
I’ve been using this for the past few years, Best Accessory I put on all my bows.

Hoytbowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2019, 11:54 AM   #8
oakforestmx
Registered Users-pm+

oakforestmx has been promoted to Pirateoakforestmx has been promoted to Pirateoakforestmx has been promoted to Pirateoakforestmx has been promoted to Pirateoakforestmx has been promoted to Pirateoakforestmx has been promoted to Pirateoakforestmx has been promoted to Pirateoakforestmx has been promoted to Pirateoakforestmx has been promoted to Pirateoakforestmx has been promoted to Pirateoakforestmx has been promoted to Pirate
X2 on the clarifier/verifier.
oakforestmx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2019, 03:02 PM   #9
RobertBessinger64
Registered Users-pm+

RobertBessinger64 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Yes sir it does. I am 55 and have pretty poor eye sight. I have been shooting a HHA single pin for about 10 years now and love it. I have the largest single pin model they make. I have vision issues close and far so I have double prescriptions. I have had no issues using a bow or single pin sight. I have reduced my shooting range to nothing past 30 yards but that is just Self imposed really. Hope this helps.
RobertBessinger64 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2019, 03:15 PM   #10
redduck
Registered Users-pm+

redduck has been promoted to Pirateredduck has been promoted to Pirateredduck has been promoted to Pirateredduck has been promoted to Pirateredduck has been promoted to Pirateredduck has been promoted to Pirateredduck has been promoted to Pirateredduck has been promoted to Pirateredduck has been promoted to Pirateredduck has been promoted to Pirateredduck has been promoted to Pirate
75 now and went with cross bow three years back because of the eye sight problem with trifocals.
redduck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message