2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Need help with a rusted 200e7

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  JimD 
#1 ·
I cannot remove the gear, drag washers or even the sleeve as they have rusted together.
Any tricks from the experts would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

John

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
This can happen. I would try to get maybe a rust-free solution that dissolves corrosion and place small amounts where ever you can with like a q-tip. It seems like they are on there pretty good so I wouldn’t try using pliers or slamming it you’ll just bend parts. So try letting some solution soak in there. Like I said, small amounts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#5 ·
Easy Fix!

Just sell it to me for parts, I'll give you $20 for it.

OK, all kidding aside it can be repaired. I gave my son one and he used it to wade fish with and he had the same problem. The big problem is the material that the bull gear is made of (it's like pot metal/aluminum alloy that had corroded by becoming expanded and crumbly). Soak in WD-40 then disassemble by tapping, prying, etc. Go online to Ebay and look for a brass replacement drive gear kit (includes drag disk and drag plate; mine was from a guy in Texas, $25+-). Use these in your re-assembly. No more problems but rinse it very well after immersing in salt water. Good luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.