Limits of reds and bonus trout - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > Individual Fishing & Game Reports
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-07-2019, 07:27 PM   #1
troutsupport
Site Sponsor

troutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Pirate
Limits of reds and bonus trout

My boats have been in the shop, one getting ready to run and the other getting serviced to sell it. It's been depressing... so I did what anyone should do in this circumstance.. go fishing. LOL.

I met up with a buddy of mine in Rockport and rented a kayak from Slow Ride (Dean Thomas) and hit some back parts of the bay with marsh nearby. We ended up catching 9 reds and a couple bonus trout. The reds were all chasing shrimp and boiling, waking, and blowing up.. We even took a break to scout a marsh pond and then cam back and caught a couple more. nothing major, just some mid slot reds with one or two rats and some bonus dink trout I didn't care to catch.. LOL. When I go red fishing I could care less about catching dink trout. But when you're targeting the fish the way we do, you cant help but to catch everything that's feeding in the area.

Caught them on numerous baits topwaters, downsouth, a gene lews craw, a shrimp made of TPE, and the GrassWalker too. I caught most of mine and the bigger ones on the grass walker. The other lures I tried were just too lite and a pain in the arse to cast. Really didn't need weedless where I was fishing but I still like it and the ability to not be frustrated casting and be accurate casting ahead of wakes and boils was helpful. I was using red white, but we caught them on everything from solid red, shrimp color, bone, and chicken on chain.

have fun guys... they're out there.
I'll have to update with pics of my buddies but he didn't take pics of all the fish.
Attached Images

Advertisement

Old 08-08-2019, 06:24 AM   #2
2cScott
Registered Users-pm+

2cScott has been promoted to the rank of Rigger2cScott has been promoted to the rank of Rigger2cScott has been promoted to the rank of Rigger2cScott has been promoted to the rank of Rigger2cScott has been promoted to the rank of Rigger2cScott has been promoted to the rank of Rigger2cScott has been promoted to the rank of Rigger2cScott has been promoted to the rank of Rigger2cScott has been promoted to the rank of Rigger2cScott has been promoted to the rank of Rigger2cScott has been promoted to the rank of Rigger
Thank you for sharing.
2cScott is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2019, 09:49 AM   #3
troutsupport
Site Sponsor

troutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Pirate
You bet!!! here's the other pics from my buddy.. Justin Stiles of Ingelside. Good guy, has become a good fisherman over time after watching the TroutSupport vids and putting the time in to apply it.
Attached Images

Advertisement

Old 08-22-2019, 07:51 AM   #4
troutsupport
Site Sponsor

Check this Toad out!!! One of my Florida Customers caught this 34" snook on the GrassWalker on the beach. He said they've been having weed problems on the beach front and he's really liking the bait as he's able to pull snook out of the mess.
Attached Images

Old 08-26-2019, 02:50 PM   #5
Capt. Kris Kelley

Capt. Kris Kelley has been promoted to PirateCapt. Kris Kelley has been promoted to PirateCapt. Kris Kelley has been promoted to PirateCapt. Kris Kelley has been promoted to PirateCapt. Kris Kelley has been promoted to PirateCapt. Kris Kelley has been promoted to PirateCapt. Kris Kelley has been promoted to PirateCapt. Kris Kelley has been promoted to PirateCapt. Kris Kelley has been promoted to PirateCapt. Kris Kelley has been promoted to PirateCapt. Kris Kelley has been promoted to Pirate
Shamrock

Gotta love us some Trout Support! Hope you guys had a great Summer!
Capt. Kris Kelley is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message