Few before work - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > Individual Fishing & Game Reports
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-31-2019, 11:52 AM   #1
sharkchum
Banned

sharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Pirate
Few before work

Made a quick trip this morning before work. Fishing 5' to 7' of water over heavy shell with a Slayer SST in Texas roach on a 3/8oz jig head. Ended up with a limit of reds and a few throw backs, plus a bonus sheepshead.

Tip of the day.
I fish heavy jigheads over shell because I want my bait to bump and grind into the shell. It produces a sound similar to a crab crawling across the reef and reds come running. Yes, I lose a bunch of jig heads doing this, but I think the rewards outweigh the sacrifice.
Attached Images

sharkchum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2019, 08:24 AM   #2
WillieT
Registered Users-pm+

WillieT has been promoted to PirateWillieT has been promoted to PirateWillieT has been promoted to PirateWillieT has been promoted to PirateWillieT has been promoted to PirateWillieT has been promoted to PirateWillieT has been promoted to PirateWillieT has been promoted to PirateWillieT has been promoted to PirateWillieT has been promoted to PirateWillieT has been promoted to Pirate
Nice catch. Bet the sheepshead was a surprise. Excellent table fare.
WillieT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-01-2019, 06:03 PM   #3
spidwkendwarrior
Registered Users-pm+

spidwkendwarrior has been promoted to the rank of Riggerspidwkendwarrior has been promoted to the rank of Riggerspidwkendwarrior has been promoted to the rank of Riggerspidwkendwarrior has been promoted to the rank of Riggerspidwkendwarrior has been promoted to the rank of Riggerspidwkendwarrior has been promoted to the rank of Riggerspidwkendwarrior has been promoted to the rank of Riggerspidwkendwarrior has been promoted to the rank of Riggerspidwkendwarrior has been promoted to the rank of Riggerspidwkendwarrior has been promoted to the rank of Riggerspidwkendwarrior has been promoted to the rank of Rigger
Nice job. Always makes the work day better!
spidwkendwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-02-2019, 01:45 PM   #4
Yak-N TX
Registered Users-pm+

Yak-N TX is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Nice catch! Is that a 1720 you’re running?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yak-N TX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-02-2019, 02:08 PM   #5
sharkchum
Banned

sharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yak-N TX View Post
Nice catch! Is that a 1720 you’re running?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's a 176 Bay Reef
Old 08-02-2019, 02:18 PM   #6
Yak-N TX
Registered Users-pm+

Yak-N TX is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkchum View Post
It's a 176 Bay Reef

Nice! Looks a lot like my 1720 cockpit. Great boats for sure.
Yak-N TX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-02-2019, 02:25 PM   #7
gotmuddy
Registered Users-pm+

gotmuddy has been promoted to Pirategotmuddy has been promoted to Pirategotmuddy has been promoted to Pirategotmuddy has been promoted to Pirategotmuddy has been promoted to Pirategotmuddy has been promoted to Pirategotmuddy has been promoted to Pirategotmuddy has been promoted to Pirategotmuddy has been promoted to Pirategotmuddy has been promoted to Pirategotmuddy has been promoted to Pirate
impressive sheepshead.
gotmuddy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-02-2019, 03:04 PM   #8
E-hawk
Registered Users-pm+

E-hawk is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Are you sticking your head underwater and listening? Maybe I should try this.
E-hawk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-02-2019, 03:10 PM   #9
sharkchum
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-hawk View Post
Are you sticking your head underwater and listening? Maybe I should try this.
Yes I have, thats how I know what things sound like under water. You should try it. If you don't want to jump in the bay, you can do it in a pool. Go underwater and have someone bonce a jig head on the bottom or work a top water or popping cork over your head. Sound travels a long way under water.