Aransas Bay Packed - Page 4 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > Individual Fishing & Game Reports
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-23-2019, 09:06 AM   #31
c hook
Registered Users-pm+

c hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Pirate
tarpon ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by impulse View Post
I'm curious...

If the water's 5' deep, why aren't they fishing from float tubes? They're cheap, they open up water you can't possibly wade, allow you to cross channels to get to the other side (try that wading), and they are a great platform to keep rods, reels, and other accessories out of the water. And, unlike a kayak, they take up almost no room in a closet and just a small patch of space in the trunk.

Not to mention the safety aspect of floating, not falling into a hole, not shuffling up a stingray, and presenting a much bigger profile to drunk boaters flying by.

Just a suggestion.

Edit: And I would add... If you fish from a float tube with waders, there is no exposure to the nasty water that can cause Vibrio.
we don't keep 3 or 4 float tubes on the boat.
c hook is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2019, 11:40 AM   #32
impulse
'81 Aggie

impulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by c hook View Post
we don't keep 3 or 4 float tubes on the boat.
Here's mine... Complete with a pair of waders, aqua socks, fins and a rechargeable 12V air pump, all in the bag.

Goes with me every time I take a road trip that may find me, a stretch of water and some free time converging. One of my fondest memories is floating Leigh Lake in the Tetons and catching lake trout. Just because it was in the car.

I've taken it out a few times in the Sea Isle canals.
Attached Images

impulse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-23-2019, 12:28 PM   #33
c hook
Registered Users-pm+

c hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Pirate
tarpon wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by impulse View Post
Here's mine... Complete with a pair of waders, aqua socks, fins and a rechargeable 12V air pump, all in the bag.

Goes with me every time I take a road trip that may find me, a stretch of water and some free time converging. One of my fondest memories is floating Leigh Lake in the Tetons and catching lake trout. Just because it was in the car.

I've taken it out a few times in the Sea Isle canals.
that is cool, didn't know such a thing existed. it would be a chore, bringing it in the boat but doable.
c hook is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2019, 03:05 PM   #34
Bullitt4439
Registered Users-pm+

Bullitt4439 has been promoted to PirateBullitt4439 has been promoted to PirateBullitt4439 has been promoted to PirateBullitt4439 has been promoted to PirateBullitt4439 has been promoted to PirateBullitt4439 has been promoted to PirateBullitt4439 has been promoted to PirateBullitt4439 has been promoted to PirateBullitt4439 has been promoted to PirateBullitt4439 has been promoted to PirateBullitt4439 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Its Catchy View Post
I guess it is like that everywhere because the south shoreline of Christmas Bay on weekends has an armada of Kayaks, wade fishermen and boats. A sign of the times.
Oh man, don't get me started. Nothing like kayaks fishing in the middle of the boat cut that's hardly 2 boats wide leading to cold pass.
Bullitt4439 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-23-2019, 05:08 PM   #35
impulse
'81 Aggie

impulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt4439 View Post
Oh man, don't get me started. Nothing like kayaks fishing in the middle of the boat cut that's hardly 2 boats wide leading to cold pass.
That's the flip side of etiquette. They block the only navigable water, then accuse you of being rude when you have to run past them...

A few weeks ago I gave up on getting where I wanted to go, for fear of incurring the wrath of a couple of dozen waders. Wading the shallows, but casting into the only passable cut.
Old 07-24-2019, 08:14 AM   #36
Eb78
Registered Users-pm+

Eb78 has been promoted to the rank of BosunEb78 has been promoted to the rank of BosunEb78 has been promoted to the rank of BosunEb78 has been promoted to the rank of BosunEb78 has been promoted to the rank of BosunEb78 has been promoted to the rank of BosunEb78 has been promoted to the rank of BosunEb78 has been promoted to the rank of BosunEb78 has been promoted to the rank of BosunEb78 has been promoted to the rank of BosunEb78 has been promoted to the rank of Bosun
I thought Port O was too crowded 20 years ago.....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk
Eb78 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2019, 04:45 PM   #37
Bowhntrmatt
Registered Users-pm+

Bowhntrmatt is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
I agree. I’d say most folks are courteous but the big thing I’ve seen is folks that don’t know who has the right of way when approaching each other perpendicular.

Also, if you don’t want to get buzzed, don’t fish in the highway. I hate when a kayak or boat is anchored up in a narrow channel, then yells at you when you pass him close. Warriors weekend is the worst for this type of thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bowhntrmatt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2019, 08:55 PM   #38
TroySmith
Registered Users-pm+

TroySmith has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieTroySmith has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieTroySmith has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieTroySmith has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieTroySmith has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieTroySmith has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieTroySmith has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieTroySmith has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieTroySmith has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieTroySmith has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieTroySmith has been promoted to the rank of Swabbie
Drunks and Sharks

I just cant convince myself to wade out in the water past my knees. I been watching shark week. In the last couple months sharks weighing close to and just over 1000 lbs have been caught "in the surf..." here in Galveston and Padre Island, and that's why I bought a boat. To each his own.
Tight lines my friends
TroySmith is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2019, 10:10 AM   #39
impulse
'81 Aggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroySmith View Post
I just cant convince myself to wade out in the water past my knees. I been watching shark week. In the last couple months sharks weighing close to and just over 1000 lbs have been caught "in the surf..." here in Galveston and Padre Island, and that's why I bought a boat. To each his own.
Tight lines my friends
Yet, you'll brave the highways to get to the beach.

I figure I'm safer in shark infested water than on I-45 on a weekend. And the numbers bear me out on that one.