Aransas Bay Packed - Page 3 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > Individual Fishing & Game Reports
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-21-2019, 04:40 PM   #21
captain sandbar
Registered Users-pm+

captain sandbar has been promoted to Piratecaptain sandbar has been promoted to Piratecaptain sandbar has been promoted to Piratecaptain sandbar has been promoted to Piratecaptain sandbar has been promoted to Piratecaptain sandbar has been promoted to Piratecaptain sandbar has been promoted to Piratecaptain sandbar has been promoted to Piratecaptain sandbar has been promoted to Piratecaptain sandbar has been promoted to Piratecaptain sandbar has been promoted to Pirate
Your conclusion is correct. DMV hasn’t stopped googans from populating the roads. I just make a plan with options and when I’m blocked just kick back with buds u(pun intended slightly) and wait the googans out. Otherwise it’ll be a miserable day. Educate if you can. Ok so maybe just try.
captain sandbar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-21-2019, 05:44 PM   #22
Sour Diesel
Registered Users-pm+

Sour Diesel has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterSour Diesel has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterSour Diesel has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterSour Diesel has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterSour Diesel has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterSour Diesel has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterSour Diesel has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterSour Diesel has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterSour Diesel has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterSour Diesel has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterSour Diesel has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMaster
Port o was a circus Saturday as usual. But we were able to get out and on the water right at sunrise. We were planning on launching a clark’s to avoid Froggies all together and what seems like a mile walk back to the dock after parking. But when we got to clark’s to put in there was some JackAss that had his Majek anchored off in the launch with his power pole on his phone. If I wouldn’t have had my 20 year old son with me probably woulda lost my sh**. So we ended up launching at the fishing center.
But to some of the previous post it’s only going to be a matter of time before something happens to many guys out there running around WOT with there music blaring burning shorelines and cutting off fisherman’s wades and drifts.
Sour Diesel is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2019, 06:11 PM   #23
Txredfish
Registered Users-pm+

Txredfish has been promoted to PirateTxredfish has been promoted to PirateTxredfish has been promoted to PirateTxredfish has been promoted to PirateTxredfish has been promoted to PirateTxredfish has been promoted to PirateTxredfish has been promoted to PirateTxredfish has been promoted to PirateTxredfish has been promoted to PirateTxredfish has been promoted to PirateTxredfish has been promoted to Pirate
If possible, I stay off the water during the weekends and holidays. Too many people that have no common sense. I don't know if they are just dumb or don't care. I had two dumb experiences last year. I was fishing about 20 yards off the intercoastal near Cove Harbor. Some idiot came about 1/2 throttle in a large 30' cruiser. He put up such a large wake that it almost sunk my boat. My partner was standing up and was almost thrown overboard. I had to grab him by the belt. The other time, at Conn Brown, I was loading my boat on my trailer. A large boat came by and put up such a large wake it threw my boat off line into side pier and threw water over the back of my boat. That is a no wake zone. Such idiots. That is one reason my gun is not within easy reach.
Txredfish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2019, 07:22 AM   #24
Its Catchy
Registered Users-pm+

Its Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to Pirate
I guess it is like that everywhere because the south shoreline of Christmas Bay on weekends has an armada of Kayaks, wade fishermen and boats. A sign of the times. The good news is after labor day weekend the crowds tend to ease. Then when hunting season opens outdoorsmen are much more spread out.

Last edited by Its Catchy; 07-22-2019 at 07:31 AM.
Its Catchy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2019, 11:01 AM   #25
onplane
Registered Users-pm+

onplane has been promoted to the rank of Privateeronplane has been promoted to the rank of Privateeronplane has been promoted to the rank of Privateeronplane has been promoted to the rank of Privateeronplane has been promoted to the rank of Privateeronplane has been promoted to the rank of Privateeronplane has been promoted to the rank of Privateeronplane has been promoted to the rank of Privateeronplane has been promoted to the rank of Privateeronplane has been promoted to the rank of Privateeronplane has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
Quote:
Originally Posted by StabbinFlatties View Post
I’ve mistakenly thought I saw a group of pelicans in the water one day and tried to see how close I could run up on them until one started waving at me. Freaked me out!
I don't know how you could effectively fish with the water up to your armpits. I couldn't cast and my reel would be under water a lot. Even some of my saltwater reels don't stand up well to getting dunked. And, to fully break down and clean a dunked reel isn't easy for me. Normally, for good or ill, I just spray them down with a hose. For some that's not good enough and they'll seize up.
onplane is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2019, 12:01 PM   #26
oakforestmx
Registered Users-pm+

oakforestmx has been promoted to Pirateoakforestmx has been promoted to Pirateoakforestmx has been promoted to Pirateoakforestmx has been promoted to Pirateoakforestmx has been promoted to Pirateoakforestmx has been promoted to Pirateoakforestmx has been promoted to Pirateoakforestmx has been promoted to Pirateoakforestmx has been promoted to Pirateoakforestmx has been promoted to Pirateoakforestmx has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gofish2day View Post
Hunting season is the only time the weekends are fishable.
X2 , at least until duck season gets good.
oakforestmx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-23-2019, 06:09 AM   #27
Huntandfishaggie
Registered Users-pm+

Huntandfishaggie has been promoted to PirateHuntandfishaggie has been promoted to PirateHuntandfishaggie has been promoted to PirateHuntandfishaggie has been promoted to PirateHuntandfishaggie has been promoted to PirateHuntandfishaggie has been promoted to PirateHuntandfishaggie has been promoted to PirateHuntandfishaggie has been promoted to PirateHuntandfishaggie has been promoted to PirateHuntandfishaggie has been promoted to PirateHuntandfishaggie has been promoted to Pirate
I was in Aransas Pass this past weekend also and it was packed. Even the restaurants had long waits. Still found some fish despite the crowds. Cool place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Huntandfishaggie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-23-2019, 08:00 AM   #28
bigfishtx
Registered Users-pm+

bigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Pirate
Wish there was some place to avoid the crowds. I left POC 15 years ago because it was too crowded. It’s 3x worse now from what I hear.

Once Labor day gets here, things settle down. Then all the idiots can go chase doves, ducks, and deer.
bigfishtx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-23-2019, 08:39 AM   #29
impulse
'81 Aggie

impulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirate
I'm curious...

If the water's 5' deep, why aren't they fishing from float tubes? They're cheap, they open up water you can't possibly wade, allow you to cross channels to get to the other side (try that wading), and they are a great platform to keep rods, reels, and other accessories out of the water. And, unlike a kayak, they take up almost no room in a closet and just a small patch of space in the trunk.

Not to mention the safety aspect of floating, not falling into a hole, not shuffling up a stingray, and presenting a much bigger profile to drunk boaters flying by.

Just a suggestion.

Edit: And I would add... If you fish from a float tube with waders, there is no exposure to the nasty water that can cause Vibrio.

Last edited by impulse; 07-23-2019 at 08:56 AM.
impulse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-23-2019, 09:04 AM   #30
c hook
Registered Users-pm+

c hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Pirate
tarpon thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by onplane View Post
I don't know how you could effectively fish with the water up to your armpits. I couldn't cast and my reel would be under water a lot. Even some of my saltwater reels don't stand up well to getting dunked. And, to fully break down and clean a dunked reel isn't easy for me. Normally, for good or ill, I just spray them down with a hose. For some that's not good enough and they'll seize up.
In galvetraz a lot of time we will fish and fish with nothing, step out into chest deep water and cast straight out as far as you can, and bingo, fish on. We don't have vast expanses of shallow flats, so when wading, you move til you find them. Often it is out deep. it's part of the game here, so stay shallow and nothing or go deep and clean house.

[QUOTE=bigfishtx;23757787]Wish there was some place to avoid the crowds. I left POC 15 years ago because it was too crowded. It’s 3x worse now from what I hear.

i first stepped foot on matagorda island in 1979, 1st year open to duck hunting. at that time the game warden would drive you to the duck blind/path(mowed and marked), in a yellow school bus, after you picked your pond from a wall map. my first hunt, my personal limit was 9 bull sprigs and a canvas back. 9 bulls gave me 90 points, the next duck filled my bag. 190 points legally. i still remember one game warden telling the other, he shot the canvas back last, so he's good. in addition i helped one friend finish his bull sprig limit. our other buddy didn't have a licence, he was sol.

we also had a copter land in the bus route, on the way in, he had been hired to help find a high powered lab that went missing on the morning hunt. i vacated POC in about 84', for port Aransas. Fin and Feather bait camp, it wasn't uncommon to come out of flats with 40 or 50 bull sprig. We'd hunt about 100 decoys, and i'd take as many people as would fit in my little jon boat (3 or 4 of us total).

that area has been completely destroyed by guides now, there is literally a blind every 100 yds or so. it's disgusting to see now. i know, sounds like a Mickey Eastman 20 fish 10lb average stringer story, but those were indeed the good old days for me.

i still enjoy launching annually out of POC for a tarpon runs, it can still get lonely 15 to 20 miles south of pass cavilo.
c hook is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message