Had not fished in a while - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > Individual Fishing & Game Reports
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-31-2019, 04:50 AM   #1
JimD
JimD

JimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to Pirate
Had not fished in a while

Got the boat out and went to west bay Saturday since the boat had not been the water in a year. Boat runs great.

Eased over on the north side into that little pocket with the clear water south of C cut.

Few fish started hitting on tops and the here comes some type of two man poling boat at about 25 mph and ran by me at 50-60 yards and ran by Tim at about 60 right up to the shore line and started poling the shore line for reds on a flyrod. Needless to say we did not see any fish after the AH's ran over us.

Few reds in the pocket and jumpy.

I counted 19 small rays while wading and the buddy saw bunch on his wade bk toward the cut. I fig there were some big females around but saw none just a lot of the small males. Got a couple of reds to go with what we had before the AH's buzz.

It was interesting to watch the rays want to get in your wade/chum line. Made me not want to step back even with rayguards on.

Down to the Pass to ck the out going and few fish there on tops and get new tracks to run the pass.

Just a good day to be on the water after a year off we left about the time the wind picked up.

Not a lot of fish but a great day on the water with an old fishing buddy that had not been out in a while too. (Even on a Saturday.)
JimD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2019, 08:21 AM   #2
c hook
Registered Users-pm+

c hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Pirate
tarpon right

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimD View Post
Got the boat out and went to west bay Saturday since the boat had not been the water in a year. Boat runs great.

Eased over on the north side into that little pocket with the clear water south of C cut.

Few fish started hitting on tops and the here comes some type of two man poling boat at about 25 mph and ran by me at 50-60 yards and ran by Tim at about 60 right up to the shore line and started poling the shore line for reds on a flyrod. Needless to say we did not see any fish after the AH's ran over us.

Few reds in the pocket and jumpy.

I counted 19 small rays while wading and the buddy saw bunch on his wade bk toward the cut. I fig there were some big females around but saw none just a lot of the small males. Got a couple of reds to go with what we had before the AH's buzz.

It was interesting to watch the rays want to get in your wade/chum line. Made me not want to step back even with rayguards on.

Down to the Pass to ck the out going and few fish there on tops and get new tracks to run the pass.

Just a good day to be on the water after a year off we left about the time the wind picked up.

Not a lot of fish but a great day on the water with an old fishing buddy that had not been out in a while too. (Even on a Saturday.)
west bay is the worst for rays, i got hit a few years back over there. i was alone and about 100 yards from the boat, went into the panic mode as my leg locked up pretty quick. be careful in west.
c hook is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2019, 09:35 AM   #3
troutsupport
Site Sponsor

troutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Pirate
well, at least you made it out Jim... good work.

Sorry about the AH. that really sucks the juice out of being in a good spot.
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2019, 01:19 PM   #4
GSMAN
Registered Users-pm+

GSMAN has been promoted to PirateGSMAN has been promoted to PirateGSMAN has been promoted to PirateGSMAN has been promoted to PirateGSMAN has been promoted to PirateGSMAN has been promoted to PirateGSMAN has been promoted to PirateGSMAN has been promoted to PirateGSMAN has been promoted to PirateGSMAN has been promoted to PirateGSMAN has been promoted to Pirate
Thanks for the report! Those AHs are everywhere. They seem to follow me where ever I go especially in West bay. I just wonder what, if anything, goes through these knuckle heads minds. So many times I am fishing and the bay is wide open but they don't want to bother to go around to no disturb their fellow fisherman. People just don't care about other folks.
GSMAN is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2019, 05:13 PM   #5
habanerojooz
Who said that was spicy?

habanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMAN View Post
Thanks for the report! Those AHs are everywhere. They seem to follow me where ever I go especially in West bay. I just wonder what, if anything, goes through these knuckle heads minds. So many times I am fishing and the bay is wide open but they don't want to bother to go around to no disturb their fellow fisherman. People just don't care about other folks.
Yea, I had an AH buzz WOT across the bow of my boat when I was drifting deep open water last week. I heard the AH approaching when he was far away and I could see that AH was aiming directly at me. Since AH was getting closer and on course to run over me, I stop fishing and watch, wondering if he is going to slow down and potlick on me or just run over me. When I could tell AH wasn't slowing down, I begin to wonder if I should start waving my hands or run back and start the motor and flee. AH veers at the last minute and decides to go across my bow instead of my stern. AH came so close that I could have planted my 1/8 oz jig in his face. AH's actions felt deliberate and it was definitely aggressive. Bad thoughts crossed my mind.

These appeared to be experienced fishermen that should know better in a Pathfinder on a weekday....not a naive casual fisherman with his wife and children in a pleasure boat on a weekend.

Good job JimD on your outing and for showing restraint.
habanerojooz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message