2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

July 14th, trout, reds, and mangrove...

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  BigSpeck09 
#1 ·
Took my girlfriend out yesterday evening in some of the toughest conditions I have ever fished. I left the house thinking 10 to 15mph winds were gonna be okay for jetty action. I arrived at the T.C Dike and was greeted by winds gusting up to 30mph. I started off on the flats near seawolf park and worked towards pelican island bridge. It is hard to find protected coves with a sw wind pumping this hard. We started throwing plastics in some decent water; lot of dink trout and reds....ratio was about 15 trout, 13 reds only one keeper trout. We decided to move on to another cove. We were now throwing gulp shrimp in new Penny and started catching some mangrove snapper near the rocky bank; pretty cool. 12 went in the box. Just before dark we moved one last time and threw plastics, topwater and spinnerbaits. We both enjoyed catching alot more trout and reds, but still a lot of dinks....ended up with 12 mangrove, 5 specks, 2 reds to 28in. 2 big sand trout. I snapped the mangrove pic that night before cleaning. The other pic was today after I finally motivated myself to clean the others... be safe out there it was rough.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.