2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

PPEI EZlynk SOTF tune versus EFI live tune

2K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  Hoytbowhunter 
#1 ·
2015 Chevy Duramax delete.
Ok I have talk to 2 different shops on deleting and turning, 1-the EFI live tune is a set tune the installer makes any HP and torque adjustments and setup one time, new 4" pipe muffler delete DEF tank. No trans turning nothing adjustable. Around ($1,700). 2-The PPEI EZLYNK SOTF is a full adjustable tune, also he's suggested a trans tune, 4" pipe muffler and DEF tank delete, for around ($2,700). Not sure that I need all of the adjustable tunes, Whats the avenge of the adjustable tunes, and a trans tune is it Better so that the two tunes work together. What pros and cons on this tune, it works on (Wifi) so have y'all had any problems with it not working or communicating, or say at your lease out in west tx, where there's no (wifi) if there's a problem or say a code issues. I really appreciate y'all's input on this that has does this on your trucks. Thanks for your input.

#2 ·
My son and I both run Cory’s PPEI tunes. The WiFI is if you are having a problem so they can access the trucks cpu and change parameters if needed . The 5 position switch is always active in the cpu by turning the dial . If yours is like our lml’s you can only run the first 3 positions , unless you install a separate fuel pump such as a FASS system . On the 150/200 you might defuel the system. My son runs the FASS 150 . We found out the FASS 90 will work for less than 650hp so I’m safe with the 1 I got for mine for Christmas.o

#6 ·
I generally do not take my vehicles in for service , maybe a diagnosis of a problem I have. Then fix it myself. Was nervous about the first inspection but I have used the same shop for nearly 20 yrs for my inspections and just told them that I needed my Safety Inspection with a wink 😉

#7 ·
Im running the PPEI tunes with full delete.
I have the standard 5 tune from Cory. I run it on 4 most of the time.
Fass 150.....Never had an issue. I have close to 70k on the truck and this has been on since new.
I would go 5 inch turbo back, not 4. If you are opening up the front with a cold air intake and getting rid of the DPF, open the arse end up too.
Inspection.....Never had an issue. I think my son took it to Jiffy lube for the inspection last time.
I have never used the dealer unless it was a warranty item. Needless to say, and knock on wood, i have not had an issue with this truck yet. Its driven like a bat out of hell by a 19 year old if that helps

#8 ·
Just a update, I ended up with a GDP EZLINK SOFT 2.0 auto agent, With 5-stage tune switch. So far it's proved to work great I'm getting 17-18 city and 23-24hwy on setting #3
Had battery drain issues, but after taking with the GDP and EZLINK engineers, we got all the bugs worked out so far. Thanks for y'all's in put.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.