2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Freeport/Galveston fishing partners

4K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  photofishin 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,

My name is Mohab , I recently moved to the US , been living in Houston for a year now and never tried fishing here. I grew up in Dubai UAE and I used to go out saltwater offshore/onshore fishing almost every single week.

Unfortunately , I dont know anything about fishing here and I dont know anyone who can guide me.

I am really looking for people to fish with here and keen to know more about the different techniques used here.

Not sure if the fishing techniques and the tackle I have from Dubai can be used here but I used to target Kingfish , Trevallies , Cobias and Tuna.

I prefer , Light top water casting, slow/fast jigging and micro jigging as well.

( I also do have my own youtube fishing channel and love videography if anyone find that interesting )

I hope I get to know more fishing buddies here and if any one has an extra spot on their boat and would be kind enough to throw me an invite, I will be happy to contribute in for gas, drinks and help with preparing tackle , cleaning the boat etc.

Thank you

See less See more
#2 ·
Awesome man, hope you can find someone.. I wouldn't mind hooking up with you but I honestly am not the brightest on the waters around here either unless it comes to bass fishing the lakes here in Texas. There's wayyyy more knowledgable people on here than I can care to count.. I'd recommend you to a guy on this board going by the username "sgrem" as a guide, but I'm not sure if he does too much offshore.

I as well have a fishing YouTube channel.. Send me a link to your channel and I'll give you a sub.

Welcome to the US bud!

#6 ·
Awesome man, hope you can find someone.. I wouldn't mind hooking up with you but I honestly am not the brightest on the waters around here either unless it comes to bass fishing the lakes here in Texas. There's wayyyy more knowledgable people on here than I can care to count.. I'd recommend you to a guy on this board going by the username "sgrem" as a guide, but I'm not sure if he does too much offshore.

I as well have a fishing YouTube channel.. Send me a link to your channel and I'll give you a sub.

Welcome to the US bud!
Thank you ! . I am still a beginner when it comes to Fresh water , but I would LOVE to try it out

Following is the link to my channel :
https://www.youtube.com/mohabta/

#4 ·
Lol yeah I was got thinking if their fishing over there is much different... I'm sure it gets a lot deeper quicker over there than it does here.

But yeah dude, if you need a guide sgrem is the one to go to!

Don't be afraid to try out something different too! The Texas coast is one of the best in the country for inshore trout/redfish/flounder fishing.

#12 ·
my suggestion is to monitor this portion of the forum (crew wanted). When a good weather window happens, especially in the middle of the week, you'll see captains looking for crew who have experience and their own gear to help cut the overall cost of a trip. If you're very flexible (sometimes with just a day's notice) and you are a hard worker on board (meaning you pull your weight in helping clean, split costs etc) then you'll likely be able to get on some trips. Typically I've found, depending on the boat, costs to go to the floaters to catch tuna range in $175-$350 range x 3-4 people. These trips aren't for the first time offshore guy...as you're going 120-150 miles offshore and fishing for up to 30 hours. I'm 58 and out of shape and it beats my rear every time but I love it and have had the pleasure of fishing with several awesome 2cool boat captains.

#13 ·
Thank you for the suggestion ..I hope I get lucky one day with a trip .. been fishing offshore all my life .. but didnt get a chance to get on a boat since I moved here to the US. ... I am a hard worker onboard but problem is im only available on weekends 😞

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.