2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Venice, La offshore charter split

25K views 120 replies 19 participants last post by  MayaWilson 
#1 ·
Venice spring break charter
Anyone want to put together a tuna Charter out of Venice in March? How about Saturday March 31st?

#102 ·
Please pass on to others

We have you and your group checking in at our lodge on Friday, October 12th at 4pm, fishing offshore on Saturday, October 13th, and checking out Sunday, October 14th at 10am.

The cost of lodging is $300 per night plus a one time $75 cleaning fee.

You will need to supply your own food and drinks the day of the trip and an ice chest of some sort to bring your cleaned fish home. Make sure you pack sunscreen (NO AEROSOL CANS), hats, sunglasses, camera, rain gear, and proper attire for the 10-12 hour offshore trip. Also, gallon size zip-lock bags for the cleaned fish.

Either myself or the captain will touch base with you the afternoon prior to the trip to arrange meet times and place. Pickup times will be between 5:30am â€" 6:30am.

The address to the lodge is 42156 HWY 23, Venice, La. 70091. Give me a call once you arrive at the gate and I will talk you to the front door of the lodge.

Everyone on the trip will need to get a temporary 3 day charter passenger license. You can get these through the Wildlife and Fisheries at http://www.wlf.louisiana.gov/recreational-fishing-licenses or try your local sporting goods store to purchase. The cost is about $10 per person. (If you have a Louisiana saltwater fishing license, you do not need to purchase the 3 day passenger license or if you are under the age of 16.) Also, suggest purchasing the license once you have arrived in Venice and all is good to go for the fishing trip.

Below is the address to one of the grocery stores I suggest stopping at before heading 70 miles south to Venice.

Rouse's Grocery

2851 Belle Chasse Hwy. On left before going through tunnel

Gretna, La. 70056

RULES FOR VOODOO LODGES

PLEASE FOLLOW THESE SIMPLE RULES TO HELP KEEP OUR LODGES NICE!

PLEASE DO NOT CLEAN FISH INSIDE
PLEASE NO ICE CHEST ALLOWED INSIDE, THEY CAN LEAK
A/C NEEDS TO BE SET AT 75 DEGREES WHEN YOUR GROUP LEAVES
REFRIGERATORS NEED TO BE CLEANED OUT, PLEASE THROW AWAY OR TAKE PERISHABLE FOOD
BBQ PITS NEED TO BE CLEANED AFTER EACH USE
ALL GARBAGE NEEDS TO BE TAKEN OUT PLEASE
MOST IMPORTANTLY , ANYTHING DAMAGED,

YOU ARE 100% RESPONSIBLE FOR AND THE

CREDIT CARD ON FILE WILL BE CHARGED

ACCORDINGLY

PLEASE UNDERSTAND AND THANK YOU!

Feel free to contact me if you have any further questions.

Thanks again,
Brittany *****
Voodoo Fishing Charters
504-920-3474

#110 ·
I agree the trip turned out very disappointing. Sad to say for what should have been a trip of a lifetime to Venice. I was disappointed with the captain as well. I would have been more frustrated had everyone else not been struggling as well. If I were to go again I would go with M.G.F.C. I appreciate everyone getting in on the trip and despite the poor fishing I did glean some knowledge from the trip. I have owned a few saltwater offshore boats and may get another. I feel bad for everyone not getting to experience the fantastic Yellowfin tuna fishing in Venice so if anyone wants to join me on a future trip, send me an email or post here.

#111 ·
I enjoyed meeting everyone and glad to know that I wasn’t the only one frustrated by the captain. On the way out he said that live bait was key, but then all we had was a few mullet, which isn’t the preferred bait for yellowfin. Definitely not the trip I hoped for, would have felt better about it if there would have been a better plan to put us on fish. Obviously they didn’t have experience with a gaff, or how to catch mahi.

I’d give it another shot, great group of guys to fish with, and dinner Friday night was outstanding. Thanks for setting the trip up Kase, you definitely did your part!

#119 ·
Did yall go with Mike on Voodoo?

Went with him in February, went about 90 miles out to a drilling rig. Saw fish on the sonar, were catching some blackfin, then he radios other boats. About 5 come in hot, and the bite shut off. Spent the rest of the day chasing swords. Saw some decent tuna back at the dock, Mexican Gulf had a good amount of them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.