1st Time OffShore on the Ski - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > Jet Ski Fishing Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-01-2018, 12:34 PM   #1
Tequila&Tackle
Registered Users-pm+

Tequila&Tackle has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTequila&Tackle has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTequila&Tackle has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTequila&Tackle has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTequila&Tackle has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTequila&Tackle has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTequila&Tackle has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTequila&Tackle has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTequila&Tackle has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTequila&Tackle has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTequila&Tackle has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
1st Time OffShore on the Ski

Went 7 miles out to the 1st platform off Matagorda. The weather was outstanding. The Water was crystal clear. The only thing missing was fish in my cooler. I'm an offshore novice and headed offshore based on conditions with inshore tackle. I hooked into three mystery fish that made my reel sing then chafed off. My 1st outing may have been a bust but I'm ready for the next one.
Attached Images

Tequila&Tackle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2018, 12:41 PM   #2
Haynie21T
Registered Users-pm+

Haynie21T has been promoted to PirateHaynie21T has been promoted to PirateHaynie21T has been promoted to PirateHaynie21T has been promoted to PirateHaynie21T has been promoted to PirateHaynie21T has been promoted to PirateHaynie21T has been promoted to PirateHaynie21T has been promoted to PirateHaynie21T has been promoted to PirateHaynie21T has been promoted to PirateHaynie21T has been promoted to Pirate
Not much boat for the gulf of Mexico. I’ve seen sharks out there that would think you’re nothing but a small fishing lure to them. Stay safe....
Haynie21T is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2018, 02:47 PM   #3
DA REEL DADDY
Registered Users-pm+

DA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to Pirate
I wish I had the time and $ to explore with that. Looks challenging. There use to be a guy here that use to post up some amazing pics of the fish he caught.

Keep us posted if you get into some.
DA REEL DADDY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2018, 06:35 PM   #4
Whitebassfisher
Retired opinionated old fart

Whitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by DA REEL DADDY View Post
I wish I had the time and $ to explore with that. Looks challenging. There use to be a guy here that use to post up some amazing pics of the fish he caught.

Keep us posted if you get into some.
jetskibrian has posted many great threads with fantastic photography.
Whitebassfisher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-2018, 03:18 AM   #5
DA REEL DADDY
Registered Users-pm+

DA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitebassfisher View Post
jetskibrian has posted many great threads with fantastic photography.

Yeah i have seen tons of his pics. All are great.

This other angler was out east on the Texas coast. IDK, but I am thinking Jolly Roger..?
DA REEL DADDY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2018, 02:31 PM   #6
Bustin Chops
Registered Users-pm+

Bustin Chops has been promoted to PirateBustin Chops has been promoted to PirateBustin Chops has been promoted to PirateBustin Chops has been promoted to PirateBustin Chops has been promoted to PirateBustin Chops has been promoted to PirateBustin Chops has been promoted to PirateBustin Chops has been promoted to PirateBustin Chops has been promoted to PirateBustin Chops has been promoted to PirateBustin Chops has been promoted to Pirate
there is a group of fishermen that go offshore and they have a facebook page. "Texas jetski fishing"
https://www.facebook.com/groups/jetfish/
Bustin Chops is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2018, 11:29 AM   #7
fishinganimal
Registered Users-pm+

fishinganimal has been promoted to Piratefishinganimal has been promoted to Piratefishinganimal has been promoted to Piratefishinganimal has been promoted to Piratefishinganimal has been promoted to Piratefishinganimal has been promoted to Piratefishinganimal has been promoted to Piratefishinganimal has been promoted to Piratefishinganimal has been promoted to Piratefishinganimal has been promoted to Piratefishinganimal has been promoted to Pirate
Hook up with some others out there and buddy up. You need wire leader out there drift fishing. Most fish are toothy and will cut you off. Bottom fishing up close to the rig a Carolina rig will work with a heavy mono leader. Be prepared at any moment one of these toothy fish an go airborne right at you.
fishinganimal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2018, 11:31 AM   #8
fishinganimal
Registered Users-pm+

fishinganimal has been promoted to Piratefishinganimal has been promoted to Piratefishinganimal has been promoted to Piratefishinganimal has been promoted to Piratefishinganimal has been promoted to Piratefishinganimal has been promoted to Piratefishinganimal has been promoted to Piratefishinganimal has been promoted to Piratefishinganimal has been promoted to Piratefishinganimal has been promoted to Piratefishinganimal has been promoted to Pirate
https://www.2coolfishing.com/ttmbforum/sh....php?t=2446537
fishinganimal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2018, 03:02 PM   #9
Trouthunter
An Over 60 Victim Of Fate

Trouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
I’ve seen sharks out there that would think you’re nothing but a small fishing lure to them.
Man tell me about it.

I've seen them fishing and diving out there but by far the largest shark I've seen was a hammer head from a helicopter off of Brian's Beach. Thing had to be 16' and was just cruising along inside the second bar while all the kids were frolicking in the first gut.

Pilot told me it was the biggest he'd seen and I believe it.

Decided then that Chief Brody was right and a bigger boat would be needed.

TH
Old 05-28-2018, 07:49 AM   #10
CrazyYak
Crazy Yak

CrazyYak has been promoted to PirateCrazyYak has been promoted to PirateCrazyYak has been promoted to PirateCrazyYak has been promoted to PirateCrazyYak has been promoted to PirateCrazyYak has been promoted to PirateCrazyYak has been promoted to PirateCrazyYak has been promoted to PirateCrazyYak has been promoted to PirateCrazyYak has been promoted to PirateCrazyYak has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bustin Chops View Post
there is a group of fishermen that go offshore and they have a facebook page. "Texas jetski fishing"
http://www.facebook.com/groups/jetfish/
This is the place to learn how to fish off your jet ski and to also meetup with others on the water. We always go in small groups for safety and are open to helping others get started in the sport. We generally fish state waters within 9NM but when the conditions are right we head out 20-30NM. For safety we follow the same protocol as boaters; VHF, EPIRB, Aerial Flares, and everyone carries a pre-rigged tow rope and water intake hose just in case. SeaTow/Boat Tow US insurance is also recommended. On occasion we post trip reports on 2Cool, except to see more this summer. There is a small group going out tomorrow out of Surfside, details on our FB Group listed above.
CrazyYak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message