Rockport/ Aransas Pass - Trout Time - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > Guide fishing and hunting reports
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2019, 11:02 PM   #1
hjm

hjm has been promoted to Piratehjm has been promoted to Piratehjm has been promoted to Piratehjm has been promoted to Piratehjm has been promoted to Piratehjm has been promoted to Piratehjm has been promoted to Piratehjm has been promoted to Piratehjm has been promoted to Piratehjm has been promoted to Piratehjm has been promoted to Pirate
Rockport/ Aransas Pass - Trout Time

This is my first report on this forum so go easy on me. So far this year all of my trips have been out of the boat. I’m looking forward to doing some wading soon, especially since it’s beginning to feel like summer. Fishing croaker early in the morning up tight to shorelines has been paying off then Later in the morning moving out to 3-4’ of water fishing grass lines. Reds have been found up tight against the shorelines early morning and on shell reefs. With calm days being few and far between it’s tough to look for reds but throwing cut bait next to the islands or on a reef has been the ticket. I haven’t taken many pictures on recent trips but I will from here on out. Tight lines and good luck to everyone!

If you are planning on making a trip to Rockport or Aransas Pass this Summer, come see us. I have a few dates left for June and July. Lodging is available at our Rockport Hideaway Vacation Rental in downtown Rockport just minutes away from the shopping and restaurants
Attached Images

hjm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2019, 11:56 AM   #2
ccoker
Registered Users-pm+

ccoker has been promote to Gunnerccoker has been promote to Gunnerccoker has been promote to Gunnerccoker has been promote to Gunnerccoker has been promote to Gunnerccoker has been promote to Gunnerccoker has been promote to Gunnerccoker has been promote to Gunnerccoker has been promote to Gunnerccoker has been promote to Gunnerccoker has been promote to Gunner
awesome, going down this weekend.
When you say "early" in the morning, what do you mean by that?
first light? crack of dawn?
ccoker is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-17-2019, 11:01 PM   #3
hjm

hjm has been promoted to Piratehjm has been promoted to Piratehjm has been promoted to Piratehjm has been promoted to Piratehjm has been promoted to Piratehjm has been promoted to Piratehjm has been promoted to Piratehjm has been promoted to Piratehjm has been promoted to Piratehjm has been promoted to Piratehjm has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccoker View Post
awesome, going down this weekend.
When you say "early" in the morning, what do you mean by that?
first light? crack of dawn?
First light. Be the first boat there. Weekends are tough. Your first stop will be "fresh" as I call it, your 2-5th spot might have been ran over 10 times. Try to figure out where fish will go when boat traffic is heavy, fish those areas while everyone else is fishing the popular spots.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2019, 06:32 AM   #4
mmccall
Registered Users-pm+

mmccall is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Are you available June 28?
mmccall is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2019, 07:33 AM   #5
ccoker
Registered Users-pm+

ccoker has been promote to Gunnerccoker has been promote to Gunnerccoker has been promote to Gunnerccoker has been promote to Gunnerccoker has been promote to Gunnerccoker has been promote to Gunnerccoker has been promote to Gunnerccoker has been promote to Gunnerccoker has been promote to Gunnerccoker has been promote to Gunnerccoker has been promote to Gunner
That is what I figured
Kind if like slipping into the blind an hour before sunrise..
ccoker is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2019, 09:43 AM   #6
hjm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmccall View Post
Are you available June 28?
Yes I am