2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Shoalwater 23 Cat

41K views 126 replies 40 participants last post by  Clint Sholmire 
#1 ·
Anyone running a 200 2.6L E-TEC on a Shoalwater 23 Cat? IF so, what kind of performance numbers are you seeing from it?

Also, What kind of numbers do you see from a 23 Cat with other motors?

#110 ·
Nothing against them dude, don't get your feelings hurt. I fish shallow, and couldn't keep a prop on one, but I'm sure it's the best fit for you or you wouldn't have bought it. Enjoy it.

#113 ·
OK I am coming in on this thread at the back end....

That is the launch site for all the Port Lavaca Tourny's right?

And if so....what ever happened to the mayor a coupla years ago telling us at a captains meeting that there was money already ear-marked for improvements???????

The Amazing thing about Port Lavaca...you pretty much have to Run a Big boat to get anywhere......But almoast impossibe to get out of the Launch Site....I mean....unless you are on plane:rotfl:

#124 · (Edited)
HA! i love it... as if there is every anyone else to follow around, thats the best part. well that and being 10 minutes from my house... since they knocked the 616 boat ramp in Garcitas has no fishing pressure because you either have to know Mr. Barfield or have a key to the gate...

My buddies and I have been fishing this area since we were around 15 when our parents would actually trust us to take the boat out alone. the funny thing is watching people who dont know the area very well... sandbars and oyster reefs during the redfish series was almost as much fun as fishing...

Can you guess where my avatar picture was taken?

#125 ·
HA! i love it... as if there is every anyone else to follow around, thats the best part. well that and being 10 minutes from my house... since they knocked the 616 boat ramp in Garcitas has no fishing pressure because you either have to know Mr. Barfield or have a key to the gate...

My buddies and I have been fishing this area since we were around 15 when our parents would actually trust us to take the boat out alone. the funny thing is watching people who dont know the area very well... sandbars and oyster reefs during the redfish series was almost as much fun as fishing...

Can you guess where my avatar picture was taken?
I'm pretty sure your potlick'in *** lives down the road from me. Also if I had to guess I would say that's prolly the keraan behind your boat. Also just put in a six mile. I have forgotten more about lavaca bay than most people will ever know.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.