2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

2 Stroke Outboard Oil in Diesel Trucks

5K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  LIVIN 
#1 ·
If anyone has not tried this yet I suggest you give it a whirl.
I have been mixing 2 Stroke outboard oil with my diesel for the last 12k miles and it has had incredible effects.
My 2007 F250 6.0l runs smoother, quite, and more peppy with also having .5-1MPG gains.
The ratio that seems to work best is 128:1 which is 1oz to every gallon.
Wally World has the cheapest oil which is about $9 a gallon.
I recomend anyone with a non "green" diesel to try it out for at least 1 tank and you will be very surprised.

#3 ·
I would think that this 2 stroke oil would not be very good for the "particulate filters" in the new engines.

20 years ago when we changed oil in the 18 wheelers we would dump the oil back into the fuel tanks on the trucks but as far as I know this practice no longer exist.

#5 ·
Been dumping about half a quart of the cheapest 2 stroke oil I can find at wally world for a year now without problems. There was a study done on all the various diesel fuel additives that compared cost to actual friction reduction and 2 cycle oil had a great cost to benefit ratio and reduced friction close to the much higher priced specialty additives. This is for the engines not designed to use the ULS diesel like my 2003 PS 7.4L.

#7 ·
trodery said:
I would think that this 2 stroke oil would not be very good for the "particulate filters" in the new engines.

20 years ago when we changed oil in the 18 wheelers we would dump the oil back into the fuel tanks on the trucks but as far as I know this practice no longer exist.
Yes you are correct.....That is why I mentioned NOT using it in the new "green" diesels....Particulate filters will prob clog very quickly.

#11 ·
Wal Mart Super Tech

redduck said:
what is name brand on the oil at Wally world. I read something awhile back that supported this for diesels.
It's Wal Mart's Super Tech TCW 3 Outboard Oil. The study I read says that a 200 to 1 mixture is good for up to 2006 models, some early 2007 models that do not have the new (modified) motor. I use 1 quart to 50 gals. myself

#13 ·
TunnelVision said:
Is the reason for using 2stroke oil vs additive the price? How much differerence are we talking>[/QUOT

The 2 stroke oil has better lubricating properties than additives.
Whenever I use Diesel Kleen or even Lucas I notice no diff in performance, mileage or engine noise, but the 2 stoke oil makes a HUGE diff in noise level while achieving moderate MPG, and performance levels.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.