Any floater reports - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Bluewater Forums > Bluewater Board (Recreational Fishing)

Old 10-29-2019, 04:11 PM   #1
Lee Brumlow
Definitely Maybe

Lee Brumlow has been promoted to PirateLee Brumlow has been promoted to PirateLee Brumlow has been promoted to PirateLee Brumlow has been promoted to PirateLee Brumlow has been promoted to PirateLee Brumlow has been promoted to PirateLee Brumlow has been promoted to PirateLee Brumlow has been promoted to PirateLee Brumlow has been promoted to PirateLee Brumlow has been promoted to PirateLee Brumlow has been promoted to Pirate
Any floater reports

I was planning on going out to BV last Sunday and had to go to work instead. Wondering if I missed anything?
Lee Brumlow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2019, 04:16 PM   #2
FREON
The C-LISTERS are coming

FREON has been promoted to PirateFREON has been promoted to PirateFREON has been promoted to PirateFREON has been promoted to PirateFREON has been promoted to PirateFREON has been promoted to PirateFREON has been promoted to PirateFREON has been promoted to PirateFREON has been promoted to PirateFREON has been promoted to PirateFREON has been promoted to Pirate
No report but hope you are having a Happy Birthday.
FREON is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2019, 07:36 AM   #3
awesum
Registered Users-pm+

awesum has been promoted to Pirateawesum has been promoted to Pirateawesum has been promoted to Pirateawesum has been promoted to Pirateawesum has been promoted to Pirateawesum has been promoted to Pirateawesum has been promoted to Pirateawesum has been promoted to Pirateawesum has been promoted to Pirateawesum has been promoted to Pirateawesum has been promoted to Pirate
I don't know how it was at BV but all three Port A head boats did well at Perdido. I was on the Gulf Eagle. We started at Hoover and it was dead. We moved to Perdido. The big girl in the middle was 150#

awesum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2019, 08:45 AM   #4
SeaOx 230C
Registered Users-pm+

SeaOx 230C has been promoted to PirateSeaOx 230C has been promoted to PirateSeaOx 230C has been promoted to PirateSeaOx 230C has been promoted to PirateSeaOx 230C has been promoted to PirateSeaOx 230C has been promoted to PirateSeaOx 230C has been promoted to PirateSeaOx 230C has been promoted to PirateSeaOx 230C has been promoted to PirateSeaOx 230C has been promoted to PirateSeaOx 230C has been promoted to Pirate
Was at Hoover, Boomvang and Nansen Sunday night. It was dead.

There was some small blackfin not fast and furious but some. The thing is out of the 25 I hooked only one made it too the box without a cuda taking everything but the head.

Very slow fishing. Tons of cuda.
SeaOx 230C is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2019, 09:16 AM   #5
40marlin
Registered Users-pm+

40marlin has been promoted to Pirate40marlin has been promoted to Pirate40marlin has been promoted to Pirate40marlin has been promoted to Pirate40marlin has been promoted to Pirate40marlin has been promoted to Pirate40marlin has been promoted to Pirate40marlin has been promoted to Pirate40marlin has been promoted to Pirate40marlin has been promoted to Pirate40marlin has been promoted to Pirate
I don't know if you buy into altimetry and currents affecting fishing, but Perdido appeared to be the best spot compared to BV/Nancen, Hoover, and Gunnison. Based on the first hand accounts, my interpretation of the map's data appears to concur with Sunday's bite, or lack thereof. The RipCharts map is from Sunday, 10/27/19.
  • BV/Nancen had pretty weak current from onshore along with a downwelling.
  • Hoover had more current but still mostly coming from inshore and was in the downwelling.
  • Perdido had stronger offshore flow and was on the edge of a strong upwelling. Perdido is the lower left hand corner
Attached Images

40marlin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2019, 01:20 PM   #6
SeaOx 230C
Registered Users-pm+

SeaOx 230C has been promoted to PirateSeaOx 230C has been promoted to PirateSeaOx 230C has been promoted to PirateSeaOx 230C has been promoted to PirateSeaOx 230C has been promoted to PirateSeaOx 230C has been promoted to PirateSeaOx 230C has been promoted to PirateSeaOx 230C has been promoted to PirateSeaOx 230C has been promoted to PirateSeaOx 230C has been promoted to PirateSeaOx 230C has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by 40marlin View Post
I don't know if you buy into altimetry and currents affecting fishing, but Perdido appeared to be the best spot compared to BV/Nancen, Hoover, and Gunnison. Based on the first hand accounts, my interpretation of the map's data appears to concur with Sunday's bite, or lack thereof. The RipCharts map is from Sunday, 10/27/19.
  • Hoover had more current but still mostly coming from inshore and was in the downwelling.
  • Perdido had stronger offshore flow and was on the edge of a strong upwelling. Perdido is the lower left hand corner
I have never looked at the altimetry charts but I can confirm there was not much current at all.
SeaOx 230C is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2019, 01:32 PM   #7
Fin-Atic
Only way to do it is Hard Core!

Fin-Atic has been promoted to PirateFin-Atic has been promoted to PirateFin-Atic has been promoted to PirateFin-Atic has been promoted to PirateFin-Atic has been promoted to PirateFin-Atic has been promoted to PirateFin-Atic has been promoted to PirateFin-Atic has been promoted to PirateFin-Atic has been promoted to PirateFin-Atic has been promoted to PirateFin-Atic has been promoted to Pirate
Yes altimetry matters. Our part of the gulf doesnt have any upwellings which is no bueno.

Quote:
Fin-Atic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2019, 03:01 PM   #8
40marlin
Registered Users-pm+

40marlin has been promoted to Pirate40marlin has been promoted to Pirate40marlin has been promoted to Pirate40marlin has been promoted to Pirate40marlin has been promoted to Pirate40marlin has been promoted to Pirate40marlin has been promoted to Pirate40marlin has been promoted to Pirate40marlin has been promoted to Pirate40marlin has been promoted to Pirate40marlin has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fin-Atic View Post
Yes altimetry matters. Our part of the gulf doesnt have any upwellings which is no bueno.
I did not say it doesn't. I try to use it to my advantage and check it before almost every trip. The altimetry moves around and isn't a static vertical current. I have definitely seen an upwelling move towards BV/Nancen. Often these rigs are at the convergence of the upwelling and downwelling, which is supposed to be ideal. I saw it this year but these rigs were dead. I think the lack of current each time I was out contributed more to the slow fishing than anything. The fish were there (and thick) but were hanging out at or below the thermocline.
40marlin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-31-2019, 07:32 AM   #9
awesum
Registered Users-pm+

awesum has been promoted to Pirateawesum has been promoted to Pirateawesum has been promoted to Pirateawesum has been promoted to Pirateawesum has been promoted to Pirateawesum has been promoted to Pirateawesum has been promoted to Pirateawesum has been promoted to Pirateawesum has been promoted to Pirateawesum has been promoted to Pirateawesum has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by awesum View Post
I don't know how it was at BV but all three Port A head boats did well at Perdido. I was on the Gulf Eagle. We started at Hoover and it was dead. We moved to Perdido. The big girl in the middle was 150#

Correction: the big one was 130# not 150#
awesum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2019, 02:23 AM   #10
TxRedman
Registered Users-pm+

TxRedman has been promoted to PirateTxRedman has been promoted to PirateTxRedman has been promoted to PirateTxRedman has been promoted to PirateTxRedman has been promoted to PirateTxRedman has been promoted to PirateTxRedman has been promoted to PirateTxRedman has been promoted to PirateTxRedman has been promoted to PirateTxRedman has been promoted to PirateTxRedman has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:

How did you go about getting your spots into FishTrack? I have all my spots in Hilton’s but fishtrack is much more user friendly especially on mobile. Just curious..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TxRedman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message