2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Big green egg vs Offset smoker

11K views 31 replies 17 participants last post by  chaco 
#1 ·
Alright I'm in the market for a new pit/smoker .... Really don't want to spend over $1000 but for a good smoker seems like it's closer to the $2000 price mark ..... I've tried 2nd hand/ used but no luck .... My dilemma is, if I spend the money for a good off set smoker should I just buy the big green egg. Figured a XL with all the attachments is easy $1600 ... Which would buy a decent stick burner..... The other option is going to Buccees and buying the Texas pit they sell I think for around $750 .... Says limited lifetime warranty. Has anyone purchased one ? Also is the egg worth the money ? Anyone selling a used egg ? Or just bite the bullet and spend the money on of of those nice looking pits from big bear I think is the name? ...., maybe someone else had insight ? Currently I have a masterbuilt electric smoker a charcole grill a gas grill and a smoker that's to big for normal daily use. Looking to replace all and just keep my big smoker (for big get togethers) and a daily use grill/smoker.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.