2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Fess up... did you play GME?

4K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  348473 
#1 ·
Who got in on the crazy week of trading?

GME, AA, .... etc.

Now they are going after SLV...

#4 ·
The stock market is an effective mechanism for the transfer of wealth.

If you want to play with fire again, goto the cryptocurrency market and gamble with the worthless altcoin called DOGE (DogeCoin), which is up 300%+ today. It was a millennial buy awhile back and cooled off. Now that GME died, it seems that the crew has rediscovered DOGE.

Since it cost only pennies, the young Robinhood types have an easy entry. Plus the logo is a cute dog which seems to make it attractive to the newbie crowd. DOGE will be interesting to watch in the coming days and weeks. I have no stake in DOGE but that could change if I see an opportunity. At the time of this posting, DOGE is quoted at .03016 for 314% increase.

Let’s see if the social media pump and dump machine fires back up on DOGE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#11 ·
Dipped back in on a upswing today attempting to make some quick money. Was up 1500 then came away 2k lighter. I get burned just about every time I try to day trade.
Usually like this. Make a few bucks. Go back to try for more and come away a little bruised and battered.

#14 ·
That's awesome Habanero. I've trounced my old advisor also.

55% overall in the last 12 months. Double to triple market returns each of the last 5 years managing my accounts. I sometimes gamble stuff like GME for fun. Sometimes I win. Lots of times I lose. More fun for me than sports bets and nothing I can not afford to play with.

I've also diversified into hill country waterfront real estate the last 4 years and have been really blessed by location, market and the timing.
First vacation property has doubled in value since 2017 and is paid for by renters in just 7 weeks of the year.

The second build is in progress and will have 350-400k equity when completed, and rising daily. That will be paid by rentals also - about 8 weeks each year- and I'll retire to that place in 5 yrs unless I build another that I like better before then. It's been an epic land rush in the Hill Country and growth rates have never been higher. Snowballing more each day. The last few months have been greater than any time previously. I'm glad I got my foot in the door. I like the recreation and diversification.

#15 ·
That's awesome Habanero. I've trounced my old advisor also.

55% overall in the last 12 months. Double to triple market returns each of the last 5 years managing my accounts. I sometimes gamble stuff like GME for fun. Sometimes I win. Lots of times I lose. More fun for me than sports bets and nothing I can not afford to play with.

I've also diversified into hill country waterfront real estate the last 4 years and have been really blessed by location, market and the timing.
First vacation property has doubled in value since 2017 and is paid for by renters in just 7 weeks of the year.

The second build is in progress and will have 350-400k equity when completed, and rising daily. That will be paid by rentals also - about 8 weeks each year- and I'll retire to that place in 5 yrs unless I build another that I like better before then. It's been an epic land rush in the Hill Country and growth rates have never been higher. Snowballing more each day. The last few months have been greater than any time previously. I'm glad I got my foot in the door. I like the recreation and diversification.
Great job on the vacation property gigs. I’ve considered land and properties but never got there. I know a guy with a side hustle of properties and renters. He’s grown to over 10 houses and his side hustle is very strong. It comes down to good choices and having a dedicated network of small dependable repair guys that he can call. Electrical, painting, carpentry, etc. He’s a CPA and anal with money and it works really well for him.

DeFi is coming to the commercial world real soon. It will show up as a new company with a catchy name touting a new way to finance or borrow or even lend money. Most people won’t realize that underneath the covers will be a blockchain technology. Major capital is focused there right now to develop industry disrupting concepts in the world of finance. Some of the concepts are even brand new....like Staking and Yield Farming.

I read this morning that Coinbase is going to give their current customers first crack at their IPO release. I want more details as I’m on Coinbase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#16 ·
That DeFi DeFi-nitely sounds too complex for my little brain.

Yes on the Coinbase IPO. Just threw a little bit of money into my dormant account to hopefully get the early head's up. I researched yesterday a but. FTX is a place to buy pre IPO but again, hard to wrap my brain around. I'll probably wait until it hits the NASDAQ and I am a believer in this IPO.

On the rentals- I just pay a really great management company who charges 20% but is tremendously on point with marketing, cleaning, repairs, and just the whole shebang. Best in the area and really pleased with them.
The key for my model is supply and demand. The Hill Country is just insanity. I rent my first place for $1100 per night. Next place much more exclusive new neighborhood will be closer to $2000 per night. Hard to not be cashflow positive with those crazy rates.

New Braunfels, Wimberly, Fredericksburg, now Llano area have just exploded. More by the day. I wish I'd have had more money and the vision 10 yrs ago, but so far no signs of slowing. In fact, seems to be snowballing more even in the last 3 months. I missed out on some ranches in Llano recently. After I digest my current build I think I may take a stab at preserving some dirt for future generations if I can afford it when I'm ready. Something like this I think has doubled in a few years and will again in a few more yrs. https://www.landandfarm.com/property/91_AC_The_Rock_Ranch_0_5_miles_from_Enchanted_Rock_-11925912/

Everything radiating out from Austin is like a land rush. I'm obsessed. Down side of a ranch for me is far less if any rental opportunity to float the carrying costs. Need more money!

#19 ·
That DeFi DeFi-nitely sounds too complex for my little brain.
Watch the daily activity on this list of DeFi alts for 5 days. Research the price action of the last month on them. It may motivate you to think differently.

https://www.cryptocompare.com/coins/list/defi/USD/1

There’s acre of surface busting bluefin tuna happening right under your nose. It’s there for the taking. You must have a line in the water and not be scared of the volatile bite...or the sleigh ride. :)

Trading bots. I’m learning about them and it appears that I can build and deploy a real trading bot in the crypto world. All of this has suddenly become more interesting for me. My little brain is buzzing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.