2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Cryptocurrencies

10K views 34 replies 9 participants last post by  habanerojooz 
#1 ·
Another avenue for some but not for the faint hearted or for newbies. There are many scams out there.

I put a toe in the water with a small stake a couple of years ago. Small enough that if I lost it then I would chalk it up to a lesson learned. But it was also big enough that if it went up, then it was enough of a bet that it would be a nice welcome. I’m up over 40% and climbing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#10 ·
Theta is an interesting concept in regards to being a solution for video.

Time will tell if that idea comes to fruition. I personally have no interest in Theta.

I mentioned that I liked DOT better than LINK, but LINK has been outperforming DOT over the recent weeks. I’m watching both of them.

#11 ·
One of my portfolio laggards woke up last night. Stellar (XLM)

Ticker tape swings this morning have seen moments of over 130%. Currently up over 80% at the time of writing.

My total crypto portfolio is now +155% and continues to climb. I have one last laggard but I have a hunch it will explode in the near future given the emerging news and events.

For those of you on the sidelines, you can amuse yourselves by watching the minute by minute (7/24/365) global market ticker tape prices here: www.cryptocompare.com

If you have an appetite for volatility, risks, and rewards, you may like it. There are open seats at the table and the game is very good right now.

#18 ·
The Layer 2 concepts are where the most exciting developments are occurring now. DeFi solutions are also very hot. DeFi solutions will be industry disruptive IMO. The alts that I’m tracking are in the Layer 2 and DeFi realms.

#20 ·
These are not recommendations. This is education on the disruptive DeFi projects that you’ll be hearing about soon.

AAVE, SUSHI, UNI, LUNA, AVAX, ATOM, ALGO, CRV, CAKE, and ALPHA

Read about what they are doing. Read the technical white papers if you’re understand tech. If you don’t read it, then know that these projects are mini ecosystems producing decentralized finance blockchain solutions at a commercial level. Serious money is pouring into this domain as they’re all racing to establish a new position within the disruption.

Watch those listed above, and take note of others that operate within their worlds. They’re worth your time if your wondering where to focus in the near future within the domain of blockchain technologies.

While this is not investment advice, you will see that these DeFi projects provide exciting gains.

This is only scratching the surface too. Have fun with it.

#22 ·
Back on Dec 4, 2020, I opened this thread and mentioned that Bitcoin had crossed the $20,000 mark and that was a big deal.

Since then, Bitcoin has continued to climb and hit significant milestones.

Today is April 13, 2020. The $60,000 price milestone was crossed recently and it continues to climb. I won’t repeat what some are predicting the price will be. I just know that the technical indicators and fundamentals are good and they support this climb.

Many of the Alt coins that I previously mentioned are doing well. I’m holding one Alt that pays me 6% interest. Also, my laggards woke up and my crypto portfolio is performing far better than my stocks.

200% crypto portfolio increase and growing. I’m glad that I have crypto on my balance sheet. There is a lot of money to be made in the next 10 years in this space if you’re willing to put in the time and understand it.

#23 ·
I tried to understand Crypto but its confusing to me. There are so many "coins" that Im like what is least risky. Folks are telling me to buy this Safemoon stuff but I'm like what in the world is it lol. I know alot of folks that have made money (or I assume cause I'm not sure if they actually sold or not) from all this Crypto and continue to tell me that there is still alot of money to be made.

#26 ·
No problem. Pumps often start out as an innocent post. If you want to learn more about this crypto beyond Bitcoin, read up on the DeFi examples I provided earlier in this thread. Look at how much they’ve gained in 2021. Research what they actually do and why. Find your own cryptos in this DeFi space and follow them. Understand that some of this is already changing the finance industry. See the major players that are putting skin in the game so that they don’t get left behind.

Don’t just take my word for it either. Do your own due diligence (outside of a fishing forum).

#27 ·

CoinGecko: Cryptocurrency Prices and Market Capitalization (screen print 5-6-21 @ 5:50pm)

A top 12 (by Mkt Cap) look at today's cryptocurrencies. The 7d percent change data is nice information to have along with the standard 24 hour percent change data. It's easy to get excited by a daily price jump but what has it been doing for the last 7 days?

Dogecoin (DOGE), although it started as a legitimate joke, $20.1 Billion dollars of that dog coin traded hands globally in the last 24 hours. 81.6% gain in 7 days is nice. I'm not a fan of this coin for a lot of reasons but there is money to be made (and lost) here.

Ethereum is moving to Proof of Stake later this year. This will reduce fees and also speed up the transactions through the Ethereum world. YTD price movement for ETH has been very strong and the upcoming upgrade to POS is one of the factors driving up the price.

The SEC's case against XRP continues. There has been a lot of positive news reported on the case progress. The price rise of XRP seems to correlate positively with the news that has been emerging from the court case.

Cardano (ADA) is designed to be a smart contract platform like Ethereum. Cardano has been taking a slower, methodical path to develop its smart contract blockchain structure. Cardano will rollout its smart contract capability later this year. They are testing it now. The founder of Cardano was one of the early members of the Ethereum team and then he left Ethereum to start Cardano. It seems that Cardano is moving in anticipation of the upgrade later this year.

Uniswap (UNI). They've created an amazing distributed exchange (DEX) business model and grown it very quickly. They have literally billions in Total Value Locked (TVL) across different assets on their platform right now. This spawned another DEX called SushSwap (SUSHI). DEX's are quite interesting and there are many of them and likely more are coming. UNI has done well this year and they just released a new platform feature.

The blockchain developments that are emerging and the market volatility keep me interested. Opportunities are everywhere if you understand what you're looking at. Stock markets. Yawn. They seem boring to me now. ;-)

None of this is investment advice. This is only sharing for those who have interest in this stuff.

This post has been deleted
#29 ·
I have about 30000$ I'm willing to risk. My question is - what cryptocurrency should I invest in? Should I invest in one or several others? Which do you consider to be the best wallet?
It might sound silly, but I'm looking for something high-risk high-reward. I want to make profit in the coming months/years, not necessarily save up for retirement. I know this question is asked a lot, but I would really appreciate any input.
Safemoon....... XRP........ for the short term high risk high reward.

Chainlink ..... VET .... Cardano ... Bitcoin ..... Etherium All of those are good long term investments.

#30 ·
Safemoon. The owner holds the majority of the coins. Bad sign. Only 5 people make decisions on who can sell coins? Bad sign. There other things that I've uncovered that I don't like about that coin.

Rug Pulls are very real. Thodex was a massive rug pull that happened this year. BitConnect was giant rug pull that happened not long ago. I'm not saying Safemoon is a rug pull. Just DYOR and know what you are getting in to.

Aside from Safemoon, Fast' mentions some good stuff. Full disclosure, I have all of those coins except VET and that moonie coin. I have a few additional coins outside of that list and one of them has been a recent zinger....Polygon (MATIC) has risen 172% in the last 7days. Even a blind ground hog finds a nut now and then ;-)

screen print source: coingecko.com, 5-18-21 @ 6:15pm

I'm not a financial advisor. But this is a list of solid items to DYOR on.

Cardano (ADA), Ripple (XRP), Stellar (XLM), Ethereum (ETH), Algorand (ALGO), Polygon (MATIC), Solana (SOL), Chainlink (LINK), Uniswap (UNI), Pancakeswap (CAKE), Polkadot (DOT), Aave (AAVE), Cosmos (ATOM), Maker (MKR), Compound (COMP), 1Inch (1INCH), Terra (LUNA), Avalanche (AVAX), Sushi (SUSHI)

A lot of DEX and DeFi solutions are mentioned here. Decentralized Finance (DeFi) solutions are disrupting and changing the financial services industry. This is opening up a new world of financial services to individuals (lending, borrowing, yield farming, staking, etc.).

None of this is financial advice. DYOR, learn, and ask questions.

Also, this thread is ripe for people to come in and drop links for you to click. Do not click any links from people that you do not know or do not trust in this thread. DYOR on whatever is mentioned without clicking on people's links. You've been warned.

#31 ·
A few of you with skin in the game have been smiling recently. You know about the tailwinds driving the increases and they require no explanation.

For those on the sidelines, several alt-coins mentioned earlier continue to grow. Some have made major jumps recently for a few reasons. If you have some time, DYOR on the charts of: SOL, DOT, LINK, ADA, ALGO.

These are not kiddie coins with silly memes. Several have staking options to earn passive income while you hold/hodl. Stay away from the meme coins and the trash pushed by celebs.

This is not investment advice. Don’t be stupid.

#32 ·
You were pretty spot on about most of your list! I just ran across this thread and have several on that list and have been doing really well.

I made a bone head move and sold 300 AVAX at $86 for what I thought was a good profit. Still hold some but wish I had that one back.

#33 ·
AVAX has been on a tear for a few reasons. I have a position in AVAX. SOL has been a good to me and I still hold SOL. I made a bit on MATIC and moved on. DOT successfully launched their parachain solution and it continues to do well. ADA, while moving like a snail, is moving on schedule with its infrastructure rollout for smart contracts. Expect to see many new coins and solutions emerge on the ADA chain within the coming year. They will be cheaper to operate on than the ETH based solutions due to Proof of Stake (vs the expensive and power hungry method of Proof of Work that ETH has). I recently attempted to use the ETH based, Uniswap (UNI) exchange to acquire some coins. The ETH gas transaction fee was over $50 for the swap! Outrageous! Cheaper solutions are on the way and I did not want that other coin that bad. A swap exchange is being built on ADA right now, which is based on Proof of Stake. PoS does not require significant power consumption like PoW and thus it is faster and cheaper.

#34 ·
$50 gas fee is cheap.... I tried to buy CEEK at like 20 cents but the gas fee was $180 to $220. I refused to pay that much but it actually would've been profitable even after the gas fee to swap back to ETH.

So yeah, until Ethereum becomes PoS the competition is going to rise... SOL, AVAX, ALGO, etc...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.