2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

work plan vs outside firm

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Muddskipper 
#1 ·
at 36 I have roughly 20 years left in the markets. Currently our employer uses VOYA and have 15% going to them plus the company match and company pension.

I'm no way an expert, and don't want to take full control of my 401ks, but I'm curious as to if there is any benefit of taking the percent going to VOYA that's outside the company match and sending to someone like Edward Jones or Fidelity. When looking at what VOYA offers us, the plans look limited.

thanks in advance

#3 ·
That Voya Plan is chosen by the employer

VOYA is a solid money manager IMO .... as I have use them before

You right in thinking else where offers more choices, but how easy is it to manage under different platforms ....

Via the employer it comes out of the check and goes in, VS you taking it out and putting it in yourself or setting up the withdrawal .... then what do you choose?

I have seen guys go else where for the ROTH since its already taxed and just index it at the lowest cost .... or buy individual stocks in the ROTH elsewhere

This above info is not a recommendation.... and I encourage you to get advice from a licensed professional and not a fishing chat board

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.