2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Rough day today

2K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  MontyHall1969 
#1 ·
Unless you are shorting.

#2 ·
Rough???? Not quite. At least not quite like October 1987.

The market lost almost 25% (yes 25% ....of its value in one day). Today's 3.5% drop is a pimple on an elephant. 25% based on a 29,000 Dow would have been a drop of 7,250 points.

Of course, we hope it doesn't continue, but it wasn't a comparable one day move.

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/s/stock-market-crash-1987.asp

#5 ·
I sold 80% of all stock based investments yesterday 2/24.

I am exiting the market for an at minimum period of 3 to 4 weeks.

I'm thinking we are only at the half way point of the sell off in a best case scenario. Worst case we have another 10% - 15% to go.

This corona virus is going to be a major disruption and we are only seeing the tip of the iceberg. I am waiting to see the effects of a US hot zone before I reenter the market.

I am basing this off the market reactions to previous outbreaks.

#8 ·
I have a few that I am watching, I'd love to jump back in on a bottom but I still think there is too much risk to get in now.

My current plan of action is to see the market response to the first US infections. I think that will be how I determine my next steps. I am expecting this news to hit by Monday next week.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.