2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

SHMP Natural Shrimp

23K views 110 replies 17 participants last post by  Jwarren 
#1 ·
Worth checking out, I will be looking to add on any drop today.
Already in x00,000 shares at average of 0.065, was watching in December when it was 0.008 but didn't pull the trigger
Lead story in SA Express News Business section 2/3/19.
15+ years R&D and SW Research retired scientist key player.
Got US patent on 12/26/18 for self contained shrimp farming and they have figured out how to keep vibrio and ammonia out.
Can be put in any warehouse anywhere in the world and deliver high quality shrimp and patent also applies to lobster, any marine fish or other species.
First crop harvest in next 1-2 weeks and have media invited.
This company is not just going strong and price up but they are prime for buy out or big contract deal or more.
Put what you can in and thank me later and glta.

#38 · (Edited)
canandog,

Food for thought

In my humble opinion you cannot beat mother nature when it comes to taste. Fresh wild caught shrimp are going to be hard to beat by any farm. So I do not believe they will be as good as mother natures version nor will they be able to command the kind of price they have projected. Price last summer for 16/20's was 5.95 a pound in Louisiana, so I seriously doubt their price points.

http://www.louisianasbestseafood.com/10564.html

Secondly, you can have all the financial backing in the world. In free market capitalism the best product at the best price usually wins. I cannot see an indoor shrimp farm with expensive pumps, aerators, filtration, food and energy costs competing against huge outdoor farms or wild caught.

Don't let me talk you out of it, I have lost tens of millions by "not investing" in winners I either could not see or did not think would work.

#42 ·
From Bloods article-

Most of these overseas producers still use traditional shrimp farming methods. The aquatic farms are located, if not based, near the ocean or large bodies of water, where shrimp crops are exposed to hostile climates, land pollutants and a variety of diseases.

As a result, this harvested shrimp most often lack the high quality and freshness that has captured the taste buds of gourmet chefs. Worse, some of them can be affected by pathogens, which might lead to an outbreak of disease.

Mother nature has already been replaced. Aquaculture is huge and in my opinion is only going to grow. In densely populated areas like NYC, LA, SE Asia, Asia, Europe, it is hard to use these traditional farming methods. That is where I see the technology being used. Its not just shrimp either, throw in lobsters, mussels, etc. Just solving the logistics issues of transporting fresh seafood is worth something.

#47 ·
Rumor is WSJ to do article on SHMP in March which if true would be pretty unusual for an OTC stock to get such exposure.
Also harvest report due before Friday, if rumors of survival rate are true (80+%) then another big day is likely.
Still have a gap from yesterday open at 0.418 - 0.443 to keep in mind.

#52 ·
Well the WSJ article may be just a rumor as myself and others have not been able to confirm that a story will be published on March 5th on SHMP.

Volume has really picked up this week and bullish pattern of higher highs and higher lows really strong. Glad it is rising a little slower than the spike early February. Lots going on with harvest report and the Global Aquaculture Conference in New Orleans starting March 7th. Hoping to get higher price next few weeks and sell 1/4 to 1/3 and let the rest ride. Still think volatility and pull backs possible so by selling would be ready to buy if situation is right.
A friend of mine pointed out the Cronos (pot stock) was 0.16 in May 2016 and now is in $20-30 price range so who knows what is possible with SHMP.
Good luck to all.

#53 ·
The word that SHMP pumpers on stock message boards have been touting for weeks is that a harvest report was due buy the end of February. If that fails to come out tomorrow we're in trouble.
You mention the Global Aquaculture Conference in New Orleans starting March 7th.
I read 2nd hand that the president of SHMP said they did not plan to attend.

Any information on these items?

#55 ·
The word that SHMP pumpers on stock message boards have been touting for weeks is that a harvest report was due buy the end of February. If that fails to come out tomorrow we're in trouble.
You mention the Global Aquaculture Conference in New Orleans starting March 7th.
I read 2nd hand that the president of SHMP said they did not plan to attend.

Any information on these items?
Pumpers? The tone and tenor of this thread smells like pumping to me.

I did a little research on this company on EDGAR. Interesting history and trail I found....Dragon Acquisitions LLC, Multiplayer Online Dragon Inc (MYDR). Seems that SHMP started out as an online gaming company of some sort.

This SHMP company has a whole lot of debt. This company also has ZERO revenue ($0.00) since it began. Expenses and debt has been building and they need money to continue operations and help pay it off. Nothing unusual about that.

But things are not all right at SHMP and senior management explicitly states that a discontinuance of operations is possible if their issues are not addressed within a year. That's an alarming choice of words coming from senior management.

You will find what I'm talking about in the company reports on EDGAR. https://www.sec.gov/cgi-bin/viewer?...sion_number=0001654954-19-001477&xbrl_type=v#

Instructions:
- In the LH column, click on.....Notes to Financial Statements
- Then click on.....Section 1. Nature of the Organization and Business."
- Then read very carefully.....the 2 paragraphs under "Going Concern".

From the tone and tenor of this thread, the OP could be a pumping insider or a smitten investor. It really doesn't matter though. Do your own due diligence and be wary of frequent high wattage promotion of seemingly can't miss opportunities. It's all on you.

#56 ·
Not for the faint of heart for sure. I am not in this stock. It will die if they don't start reporting some "real" positive news. I don't think it is a scam if they really do put in some "more" tanks? The only OTC pinks I have made money on, I got in and out of several times. To much work, now I just put the money on black, win or lose, walk away. :cheers:

#57 ·
Pumpers? The tone and tenor of this thread smells like pumping to me.

I did a little research on this company on EDGAR. Interesting history and trail I found....Dragon Acquisitions LLC, Multiplayer Online Dragon Inc (MYDR). Seems that SHMP started out as an online gaming company of some sort.

This SHMP company has a whole lot of debt. This company also has ZERO revenue ($0.00) since it began. Expenses and debt has been building and they need money to continue operations and help pay it off. Nothing unusual about that.

But things are not all right at SHMP and senior management explicitly states that a discontinuance of operations is possible if their issues are not addressed within a year. That's an alarming choice of words coming from senior management.

You will find what I'm talking about in the company reports on EDGAR. https://www.sec.gov/cgi-bin/viewer?a...7&xbrl_type=v#

Instructions:
- In the LH column, click on.....Notes to Financial Statements
- Then click on.....Section 1. Nature of the Organization and Business."
- Then read very carefully.....the 2 paragraphs under "Going Concern".

From the tone and tenor of this thread, the OP could be a pumping insider or a smitten investor. It really doesn't matter though. Do your own due diligence and be wary of frequent high wattage promotion of seemingly can't miss opportunities. It's all on you.
Yup. No substance here. All the excitement generated by their own PR firm and on message boards.
No answers to market for $12-$14 per lb wholesale shrimp.
SHMP is cooked. I'm looking for an exit point to cut bait.

#60 ·
I did a little more due diligence into the shrimp farming in the US and global markets, farming process, farming techniques, harvest rates, decline of shrimp farming in the industry, operational challenges, etc. That was after looking at the SHMP financial statements. The deeper I dove into it, the more I dislike this....ahem...opportunity.

Good luck to all that are in this. I hope that you do well.

#61 ·
You didn't pull out last time?
Pulled out at a small loss 2 weeks or so ago.
Gambled 5k night before last on a limit order and went to sleep in hopes that this long awaited and hard touted harvest announcement would cause a spike but it did not.

Between this and my YVST gamble last week I'm down around $4500.
Stupid me. Live and learn and I hope I remember to avoid OTC forevermore.

On a positive note RC has done well for me since I bought that last week. Up around 2.5% there and that dividend is 9.77%.
I wish I'd have put all purchases there in the last couple of weeks instead of trying to turn some quick OTC trades.
Live and learn.

#66 ·
In an odd way, this all seems ironic...catching fishermen with shrimp.

I do not think the OP was running a P&D thread either. I give him the benefit of the doubt. There appears to be many other people in this too as today's volume was 23 million shares. That's a lot of action. Like Its Catchy said, volatility is your friend here. Have fun and good luck.

#68 ·
Can you grow enough of them in those tanks to compete with wild caught or farmed raised shrimp at 6.00 a pound?

For me it is simple math. 1.) How many can they grow per tank per year. 2.) How much does it cost per pound after they pay for pumps, food, building, labor etc. Subtract line number two from line number one...

I am of the opinion they cannot compete with either wild caught or outdoor farm raised shrimp.

Now part of the value in this stock may be the patented technology. And some stocks don't seem to need to be profitable to drive up the price. Lots of stock prices are driven by emotion vs common sense so it may be a winner in the short term.

But I can promise everyone reading that there are Wall Street firms that have done their do diligence and know this company is not a winner long term. It would not surprise me at all if there are forces behind the scenes promoting this stock as a "winner" that are going to bail out forever once the stock hits a target price.

#75 ·
blood- hope you're right. i'm down a few grand that i'm hoping to recoup and then get out.
but here's a thing-
where is the saltwater from? they mixing boxed salt with tap?
do they taste like fresh gulf shrimp or like farmed?
I have never tasted farmed shrimp that tasted as good as wild Gulf shrimp.
So far I've only seen reviews of the taste from their own chef which is extremely weak and very sketchy after 18 years in operation.

The cloud of mystery surrounding the company and it's profitability is massive.

#80 ·
And that's why they are trying to go indoors. That video is a year old I believe and I don't know what progress they have made since but if anyone can do it these guys can. He said in just a couple of months they got the water problem solved but the shrimp just won't grow indoors. For all I know they have perfected it. I see these guys all the time but never talk to them any. Years ago my dad and I sold many gallons of live native Texas Baby Brown Shrimp we caught with our two shrimp boats for a project an individual was working on using brine water and ponds locally. The shrimp lived and grew to about a fifty count per pound but no larger and ultimately would gather at the edges of the ponds and die. Being wild they had to migrate and had nowhere to go or at least that was the only explanation these guys could come up with. This was way back mind you and no biologists on the project. He gave it up and went on to raising crawfish and other things like buying up oil leases. Smart man.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.